All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health is a pioneering private institute in the field of public health and allied science. It functions under Director-General of Health Services, New Delhi, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, and is now affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
AIIHPH offers 11 courses across 3 streams namely Paramedical, Medical, and across 5 degrees like MD, PGD, MSc, MPH, Diploma. Admissions to these courses are through the entrance test conducted by The West Bengal University Of Health and Services (WBUHS). Applicants looking forward to getting admission to the college can apply online. Along with it the college also assists in placements in public health sectors such as WHO, Multinational Companies, and Governmental organizations. Additionally, it also ensures that students placed are paid a minimum stipend of INR 7000 to 8000
AIIH and PH Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Type||1932 | Private|
|Approved By||Director-General of Health Services, New Delhi, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|Affiliation||West Bengal University of Health and Science|
|Courses Offered||10 courses across 2 streams|
|Popular Courses||MD, PGD, and MPH|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance Examination|
|Purpose||Research and Training in Public Health and Allied Sciences|
AIIH and PH Kolkata Courses
All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health offers 11 full-time courses across 3 streams in Public Health and Hygiene. Here is a tabular representation of all the offered courses.
|Masters||Master of Science (Applied Nutrition)||B. Sc (Honours) in Food and Nutrition/Dietetics/Food Science/Biochemistry/Physiology/Food Technology or B.Sc in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics with at least 50% marks||2-year Post-Graduate Degree(Full Time)|
|Master of Veterinary Science||MBBS/BVSc&AH Degree of any University recognized by the University of Calcutta.||2 years|
|Master of Engineering (Public Health Engineering)||In-service candidates from various Central and State Govt. department||2 Years|
|Master of Public Health (Social Epidemiology)||M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.||Three year full time Post-graduate Degree|
|Diploma||Dietetics and Nutrition||Bachelor degree with either Physiology; Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics; Food and Nutrition; Nursing or MBBS, BHMS||One year full-time|
|Industrial Health||M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year of continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.||Two-year full time|
|Public Health||Two year full time|
|Health Statistics||Graduation in any discipline having Mathematics or Statistics||One year full time|
|PGD (Post Graduate Diploma)||Health Promotion and Education||A bachelor’s degree in Medicine & Surgery recognized by the Medical Council of India||One year full time Post-graduate Diploma|
|Public Health||passed B.Sc in nursing /health science/ natural science||One year|
|Maternity and Child Welfare||M.B.B.S. Qualified including one year continuous rotating internship training in any Medical College recognized by MCI.||Two year full time|
AIIH and PH Standard Eligibility -
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must complete graduation or MBBS
- Candidates must be qualified in the mandatory course or MBBS along with one-year continuous rotating internship training. The candidate can seek this internship in any medical college that is recognized by MCI.
- Securing enough score in the Entrance Test.
AIIH and PH Kolkata Admissions
Candidates seeking admission in the institute must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the courses. Students are required to fill in the online application by visiting the official website. Admission to all the courses is majorly through the entrance test conducted by the university. Students seeking admission can go through detailed eligibility criteria on their official website.
- The interested candidates need to register and apply online.
- The eligible candidates have to appear for the WBUHS entrance test.
- Selections are done based on the score obtained at WBUHS
The students are required to bring the following documents:
- Provisional allotment letter that the students have downloaded from MCC website
- Admit card issued by NBE
- Result or rank letter issues by NBE
- Mark sheets if MBBS or BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd professional examination
- MBBS or BDS degree certificate or Provisional Certificate
- Internship completion certificate. Certificate from the head of institution of college that the candidate will complete the internship within 31st March of the year of admission
- Permanent or provisional certificate issue by MCI or DCI or State Medical or Dental Council.
- Senior Secondary certificate
- Class 10 or Birth certificate
- Any government documents such as Adhaar or PAN card
- ST/SC/OBC certificate