Founded in 1946, the Australian National University (ANU) is a national research university located in Canberra, Australia. It is one of the top universities in Australia and the world and offers various programs in different academic areas. The university was ranked No. 1 in Australia and 24th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2019. According to the Most International Universities 2018, ANU has been ranked as Australia’s most international university and is in the top 10 worldwide.
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||1|
|Scholarship||ANU College of Business and Economics International Merit Scholarship|
|Cost of Attendance (annual)||Diploma programs- $39,840|
Foundation studies- $29,900
Academic English Preparation- $4,800
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Australian National University College Programs and Residence
The Australian National University College provides various programs for the students which include Diploma Programs in Computing, Liberal Studies, Music, Creative Design and Science, Academic English Preparation, ANU Access English Program and ANU College Foundation Studies. All these courses have different academic and English Language Requirements.
The Australian National University College offers various on-campus accommodations to students while providing an option to choose from campus accommodation, private student housing, or in homestay accommodation. Some of the available accommodations are- Bruce Hall, Burgmann College, Burton & Garran Hall, Davey Lodge, etc. Students can choose from the available accommodations according to their choices.
Australian National University College Application Process
- Application: Students can submit both online and offline applications for admission.
- Application Fee-$100.00 AUD
- General requirements: Official academic transcripts of secondary studies, English language Scores.
- Additional requirements: Curriculum Vitae, passport copy, valid student Visa, Letter of recommendation, Personal motivation statement.
- English Language Test Scores: The minimum score requirements are:
|Course||English Language Requirement|
|Diploma Programs||IELTS Academic- 6.0 (no band less than 5.5);|
TOEFL PB- 550 (TWE 4.0);
TOEFL IBT- 68 (writing no less than 18);
PTE Academic- 57 (minimum score of 50 in each section)
|Access English||Overall IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with a minimum band score of 5.5 in each skill.|
|Academic English Preparation||a minimum IELTS Academic Score of 5.0 (Minimum 4.5 in each band)|
|ANU Express||IELTS Academic Regular degree programs: 6.5 (no bands less than 6.0);|
TOEFL IBT Regular degree programs: 80 with a minimum of 20 in Reading and Writing and 18 in Speaking and Listening
AUNC Cost of Attendance
|Academic English Preparation (AEP)||$ 4,800|
|ANU Access English||$ 5,850|
|ANU Diploma of Computing||$ 39,840|
|ANU Diploma of Creative Design||$ 37,920|
|ANU Diploma of Liberal Studies||$ 39,840|
|ANU Diploma of Music||$ 36,480|
|ANU Diploma of Science||$ 39,980|
|ANU Express||$ 18,950|
|ANU College Foundation Studies Standard||$ 29,900|
|ANU College Foundation Studies Rapid||$ 29,900|
|ANU College Foundation Studies Extended||$ 37,400|
|Homestay||$190-$330 per person per week|
|Rental||$345-$505 per person per week|
The University offers the ANU College of Business and Economics International Merit Scholarship. It is awarded to students based on their academic performance in the ANU College Foundation Studies program. Under this, up to two half-tuition (50%) fee is paid as a scholarship to students.
ANU College, being a part of Australian National University and Study Group Australia provides the English language and academic pathway to the university and thus prepares students for further pursuing a degree at the university.
- For admission to ANU College, students need to download, fill and mail the application form to the college
- ANU College provides a variety of academic pathways, including foundation and diploma programs, as well as specialist Maths and English courses.
- ANU College accepts TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores as proof of English proficiency.
|Application Portal||Paper Application|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE|
ANU College International Admission
ANU College offers diploma courses, foundation studies, academic English preparation courses, etc. on behalf of Australian National University.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Certified copy of academic transcripts from your high school
- Official transcripts of previously attended education institute (if not in English, then the documents should be translated into English from the certified translator)
- Proof of English proficiency tests
- Provide official ID (birth certificate, citizenship proof, passport, etc.)
English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
International applicants are required to submit proof of English proficiency by submitting one of the following test scores:
|Test||Minimum Required Score|
Visa Process for International Students
Steps to apply for a visa:
- Receive Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) on successful admission
- Provide a copy of identity proof such as passport, birth certificate, driving license, etc.
- Obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Provide evidence of financial capacity
- Apply for a study visa at the online portal
ANU College Programs Admissions
Australian National University College (ANU College) offers admission to various subject-specific diplomas in the field of computer science, liberal arts, creative design, music, etc. These provide a pathway to enroll in the second year of a bachelor's degree at the Australian National University.
Options for Admission to ANU College:
Australian National University College provides three different pathways for international students, to apply for admission. Application form varies with the options a student chooses. Following are the three options:
- ANU Global Diversity Scholarship Pathway: ANU offers 150 Global Diversity Scholarships for international students who seek admission into the English Language program, Foundation studies or Diploma at ANU College.
- ANU Discipline Diversity Pathway: ANU College offers an additional 150 pathway offers for international students who seek admission into the ANU Access English language program and further pursue a degree at Australian National University.
- ANU Partnership or Sponsored Students: This option is for international students who hold ANU offer but that requires the students to meet the English or Academic requirements prior to enrolment at ANU.
How to Apply:
- Students need to download and fill the following forms:
- Diversity Pathways Application Form, if they are applying through option 1 and 2.
- ANU Application Form, if they are applying through option 3.
- Students need to mail the completed form at [email protected]
- Senior secondary education results, translated into English (if not in English)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Certificate of high school graduation, if available
Country specific academic qualifications:
|India||AISSCE- Aggregate of 9|
|Sri Lanka||Qualification of A level with an aggregate of 5 in best 3 subjects|
|Australia||ATAR-70 QLD OP- 13|
|Bangladesh||1 year of tertiary studies on a case by case basis|
|Nepal||Higher Secondary School Certificate (i.e. 12th class) with a minimum 80% score|
Admission to Australian National University College is quite flexible and is a way to get admission into the Australian National University. Students should ensure that they follow the conditions for immigration and study visas, as required by law and complete the procedure of visa at the earliest.