Shri Vithalrao Joshi Charities Trust has been working for the last 50 years for social & spiritual upliftment of the poor. The Aim is to provide human beings basic needs, such as food, water, clothing, shelter, education, and medical aid for their physical survival discourse for their self-realization. The maximum concentration is however on Dervan and surrounding villages. All these activities are carried out irrespective of caste, creed or religion of the person whom help is rendered. The person who commits himself to his work can find the God. However for such commitment to exist at work, the person should be enjoying peace of mind in his daily life. Towards achieving this, the organization endeavors to spread among all, right thoughts, right values & right behavior and guide them towards appropriate activities.
Social work undertaken by S.V.J.C.T. Trust
- Health for All
- Education for All
- Empowerment of an individual
For enabling the poor to get food, water, shelter at reduced rates, the organization has taken appropriate steps. The organization distributes food grains, sugar, cooking oil etc. during festival season to bring joy to all.
To help the poor to build their own dwelling, the organization distributes bricks, cement, roofing material & tiles. The organization prefers to distribute these items directly so that it can check for its appropriate use & prevent corruption of any sort. This works out better that disbursing of funds which would involve continuous monitoring to prevent misuse.
Shortage of potable water is a long standing problem in the Konkan area. The organization has not only supported construction of new wells but also supplies water through water-tankers during the summer months. The organization has built roads connecting villages situated in remote locations with the “taluka” & district places.
Objectives of B.K.L.Walawalkar Rural Medical College
- To produce high quality academically and research oriented doctors who would serve in rural areas.
- To be an academic institution of excellence both in the field of curative medicine and public health.
- To conduct research in priority areas this would lead to positive policy changes and implementation.
- To have a tertiary care super-specialty hospital this would serve the local community and give preventive, promotive and curative services.
- To establish strong foundation of public health and community medicine for the overall upliftment of the society