Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is a State University located in Faridkot, Punjab and was established under an Act passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in July 1998. The institute is recognized by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is also approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI). BFUHS Faridkot offers various UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate, M.Ch. and Ph.D. courses. Admission to certain courses will be on the basis of Entrance Exams conducted by BFUHS while for most of them, scores obtained in external Entrance Exams will be considered.
Baba Farid University Highlights
|University Type||State University|
|Membership||Association of Indian Universities, New DelhiSAARC UniversitiesAssociation of Commonwealth Universities, LondonUniversity Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of its Act, 1956.Included in the World Health Directory of Medical Schools.|
|How to Reach||3.5 kms (from Faridkot Bus Stand)3 kms (from Faridkot Railway Station)142.1 kms (from Amritsar Airport)|
Baba Farid University Courses and Admission
Baba Farid University Faculties
- Faculty of Medical Science
- Faculty of Dental Science
- Faculty of Nursing Science
- Faculty of Ayurveda
- Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Faculty of Homoeopathy
Baba Farid University UG and Diploma Courses Admission
Admissions to UG and Diploma courses are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 or equivalent (in relevant field) and required Entrance exam. Whereas, admissions to Diploma courses are merit-based. For B.Sc. Courses, an aspirant must have passed 10+2 with the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English individually and must have obtained a 40% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Diploma in Pharmacy – Minimum 45% marks (for B.Pharm. (Lateral).
- NEET UG Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MBBS and BDS.).
- PMET Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for B.Sc., BPT, BAMS, BHMS, and BMLT).
Final Selections to the UG programs are based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counseling authorities. Whereas, admissions to B.Pharm., B.Pharm. (Lateral) and Diploma Courses are Merit based.
Baba Farid University PG and PG Diploma Admission
Admissions to PG and PG Diploma courses are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in their Bachelor’s Degree Examination or equivalent (in relevant field) and required an Entrance exam.
- Bachelor’s Program (Relevant Stream) - Minimum 50% marks.
- NEET PG Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MD and MS).
- NEET MDS Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MDS).
- PGET Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for M.Sc., MPT and PG Diploma).
Final Selection to the programs is based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counseling authority. Whereas, admissions to M.Pharm. are Merit based.
Baba Farid University M.Ch. and Ph.D. Admission
BFUHS offers three-year full-time M.Ch. and Ph.D. programs to candidates having Master’s Degree/ M.Phil. in relevant field with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. Final selection of candidates is done on the basis of:
- PHDET Entrance Test – Valid Score. (for Ph.D.)
- Entrance Exam + Personal Interview – Valid Score (for M.Ch.).
- UGC (NET)/ CSIR (JRF) Examination (for Ph.D.).
- SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holders (for Ph.D.).
- Direct award of Fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any such national agency (Ph.D.).
- Any other equivalent test.