Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established under an Act passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in July, 1998. The mission of the University is to create an intellectual, academic and physical environment, conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information between various faculties of the University and between this University and other Universities of Health Sciences in the country and abroad,thereby opening a window to the world for the health professionals, health planners, health managers, biomedical and social scientists and educators in health sciences of the country .
•Established in the memory of great Sufi Saint Baba Farid by Punjab govt. in July, 1998 by an Act of the State Legislature.
Fifth of its kind in India, First in Northern India- Punjab Govt. deserves the credit of establishing it.Due to inadequacy of health professionals(in quantity & quality) the need was imminent. Such a University is expected to be a “Pace-setter” – in developing appropriate modes & models of Health Care. University committed to providing Community oriented need based education & Training programmes for Health professionals.
No. of affiliated colleges
|Med. Lab. Technology||5|
The University has following six faculties:
Faculty of Medical Sciences
•Faculty of Dental Sciences
•Faculty of Nursing Sciences
•Faculty of Ayurveda
•Faculty of Physiotherapy
•Faculty of Homoeopathy
Recognition of Degrees
a)His Excellency the Governor of Punjab has recognized all the degrees and diplomas certificates and other academic distinctions awarded by the this University w.e.f. 1st July, 1999.
The Govt. of India has recognized the MBBS, MD/MS/PG Diploma/BDS/Bsc(Nursing)/M.Sc.(Nursing) being awarded by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
DCI/CCH/CCIM has recommended to Govt. of India for the recognition of MDS/BHMS/BAMS degrees awarded by this University
Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi
Association of Commonwealth Universities, London
University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of its Act, 1956.
Included in the World Health Directory of Medical Schools.