BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY Colleges1 year ago - VETERINARY SCIENCE - Varanasi - 415 views
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is a central university situated in Varanasi. and serves as an attractive study destination for students hailing from the northern, southern and even eastern regions of India. The University came into existence in the year 1916. NIRF ranked BHU at 3rd rank in India Rankings 2018 and 9th in the ‘Overall’ category in India. Internationally the university was ranked 801-1000 in the QS World Rankings of 2018. Being a national University, it offers courses in multiple disciplines at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate level. Admissions to these academic programs are done on the basis of entrance test conducted at the university level.
The University is serviced by two campuses due to which there are different academic departments of the University are well. Some of the well-known schools and departments of the University are as follows:
- Faculty of Arts
Established in 1898 | Available Courses – BA and MA in various disciplines
- Institute of Science
Established in 1916 | Available Courses – B.Sc and M.Sc
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT BHU)
Established in 1919 | Available courses – B.Tech and M.Tech | Admission through JEE Advanced and GATE
- Faculty of Law
Established in 1922 | Available Courses – LL.B and LL.M
- Institute of Agricultural Sciences
Established in 1931 | Available courses – B.Sc and M.Sc in Agriculture
- Faculty of Commerce
Established in 1940 | Available Courses – B.Com, M.Com, MBA, and Ph.D.
- Institute of Medical Sciences
Established in 1960 | Available Courses – MBBS, BDS, and BAMS | Admission through NEET
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Established in 1971 | Available Courses – UG and PG in social sciences
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma and Certificate|
|Entrance Exam||BHU UET and BHU PET|
The university conducts national level entrance tests for admission into UG and PG courses usually during May–June. The registration process begins in the month of February and March. Interested applicants can register themselves on the online portal (http://bhuonline.in/) or the official website of the University. An application fee of INR 500 for GEN/OBC category and INR 250 for SC/ST/Ph candidates need to be pay. For MBA and MBA (IB), the application fee is INR 1500 for GEN/OBC and INR 800 for SC/ST students. Admissions are done according to merit in the entrance tests, subject to fulfilling other eligibility requirements.
The University provides reservations for the following categories:
- 15% & 7.5% seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates in each course respectively.
- 27% Reservation to candidates belonging to OBC category (excluding under creamy layer) will be provided in different courses
- 3% seats shall be reserved for Physically Challenged Candidates: Visually Impaired (1%)+ Hearing Impaired (1%) + Orthopaedically Handicapped (1%)
- 15% of seats out of the total number of seats in M.P.Ed. are allocated for female candidates. In case any such seats remain vacant, these will be filled by male candidates on merit
- 15% supernumerary seats in all the courses (including special courses) shall be available for the sons/daughters (including married daughters) of permanent employees (including those on probation) of BHU currently in service
BHU Entrance Exam
The university conducts different entrance examinations related to a specific set of courses. The following table shows the type of examination conducted by the university.
|Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET)||Undergraduate courses|
|Postgraduate Entrance Test(PET)||Postgraduate Courses|
|Research Entrance Test (RET)||Ph.D. and M. Phil Courses|
|NEET||MBBS and BDS|
The University aims to impart quality education by providing various specializations in UG, PG courses and diploma courses. Below mentioned with are the courses offered by the University:
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses||Diploma/ Certificate Courses (UG & PG)||Ph.D. Courses|
|B.Com (Hons)||MBA||Gender & Women’s Studies||Chemistry|
|B.Sc (Hons)||M.Phil||Journalism and Mass Communication||Environmental Sciences|
|B.P.Ed||MFA||Advertising Design||Management Studies|
|LL.B||LL.M||Business Economics||Forensic Science|
- UG Courses- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with 50% marks in relevant discipline.
- PG Courses- Graduation in relevant discipline with 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Ph.D. Courses – Master’s degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks in the aggregate