BIHAR ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY Colleges1 year ago - VETERINARY SCIENCE - Patna - 372 views
Bihar Animal Sciences University (BASU) is a state university established in 2016 and headquartered at Patna. It has been taken out of the Bihar Agricultural University as two of its constituent colleges at Patna i.e. Bihar Veterinary College and Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology have been transferred to the BASU.
The university provides courses under various specializations including Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Technology, and Fisheries Sciences. Students can take admission to the university by NEET for B.V.Sc & A.H. Program and it conducts Its own exam for entry to all other programs.
BASU Patna Highlights
|Established | Institute type||2016 | State|
|Entrance Exam||NEET, BCECE, VCI|
|Courses Offered||4 Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.V.Sc & A.H.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based & Entrance Test|
BASU Patna Courses
All the courses have predefined Course structure and duration, and accordingly, the fees have been decided in accordance with the Bihar Govt. act (BASU act 2016). Program wise and Caste wise fees structure for the same is shown below:
|B.V.Sc & A.H||Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry||Intermediate graduate with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized Board or University||5½ years|
|B.F.Sc.||Fisheries Science||4 years|
|B.Tech||Dairy Technology||Intermediate graduate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized Board or University.|
|M.V.Sc.||Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry||60% marks in aggregate or 6.0 in Bachelor’s Degree and 55% marks in aggregate or 5.5 OGPA for SC/ST||-|
|M.Tech||Dairy Technology||2 years|
BASU Patna Seats Intake
The university offers admission to the students either through merit scored in the national level entrance exam i.e NEET or All India Quota or Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE). Tabulated below are the course wise seat intake at BASU Patna:
|Course Name||Total Seats|
|B.V.Sc & A.H.||60 (NEET - 51 | All India Quota - 9)|
|B.Tech||30 (BCECE - 26 | ICAR - 4)|
|B.F.Sc||40 (BCECE - 34 | ICAR - 6)|
BASU Patna Admissions
The admission process of the university involves NEET, BCECE, ICAR, and AIEEE. The university makes sure that all the students involved in the admission process are eligible according to eligibility criteria.
- For the B.V.Sc & A.H program at BVC, admission is made on the basis of the combined merit list of NEET (UG) which is conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- For B.Tech D.T, admission is made on the basis of percentile in either BCECE or AIEE.
- For B.F.Sc, admission is made on the basis of percentile in either BCECE or ICAR.
University has raised its bar to get students entry from NEET with certain cutoffs. Important dates have been shown above. With the large participation of students, the university is ought to grow tremendously.
BASU Patna Scholarship
The university offers financial aid to the deserving and meritorious students under various categories. Following are the scholarships offered by the Bihar Animal Sciences University:
- Bonafide students enrolled in a Bachelor’s program belonging to Bihar will be given a fellowship of INR 2000 per month and INR 6000 per month as a contingency grant.
- The students studying in M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. will be given a scholarship amount of INR 2000 and INR 3000 per month respectively.
BASU Patna Placements
Bihar Animal Sciences University has a dedicated training and placement cell that centrally handles all the placements organized in the campus. It organizes Pre-placement activities such as expert talks, mock interviews, seminars to boost the confidence of the students.
BASU Patna organized campus interviews for the final year students of M.V.Sc and B.V.Sc & A.H programs of BVC. in the year 2018-19. Tabulated below are the placement statistics of BASU University’s colleges:
|College Name||Company Name||Students Appeared||Students Placed||Placement Percentage|
|Bihar Veterinary College||COMFED||42||17||40.48%|
|Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Technology||Jeevika||11||4||36.36%|
Some of the top recruiters of the university include Nestle India Limited, Godrej Tyson, Growel Feeds, Intas Pharma, Provet Pharma, Neospark Drugs & Chemicals Limited, and many more.
BASU Patna Facilities
Following are some of the facilities offered by Bihar Animal Sciences University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The library is equipped with an air-conditioned reading hall, reprography section, newspaper room, journals & thesis room, book bank, and e-journals. All students, faculty members and employees of the university are members of the library. It also has a subscription to digital educational portals like J-GATE. It also has a subscription to Krishikosh and other thesis repositories.
- Hostels: The university offers hostel facilities to both boys and girls students separately at BVC and SGIDT under the BASU campus. There are a total of 4 hostels in BVC and 2 in SGDIT. Separate hostel facilities are there for girls, Ist/IInd year students, 3rd/4th and final year students and separate hostels for PG, Ph.D. and Internee students.
- Laboratories: The university has an instrument laboratory and 6 other well-equipped laboratories where both students, as well as faculty members, can do the research.
BASU Patna Faculty
Bihar Animal Sciences University has some of the most promising Faculties with many years of experience in their respective fields. The university is committed to imparting educational foundations and values of life to their students. There are a total of 56 Professors in the university and all of them hold Ph.D. Bihar Animal Sciences University with all the support from the Bihar government and its faculties is set to become one of the most prominent universities in India.