Carnegie Mellon University Australia(CMU-A) is located in Adelaide and is one of the 4 global campuses of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh. Ranked 24th in the World University Rankings, 2019 by the Times Higher Education, CMU Australia campus is home to students from over 20 countries.
Carnegie Mellon University Australia offers four internationally-ranked master degrees, a Master of Science in Information Technology and a Master of Science in Public Policy and Management and two global programs; a Master of Information Systems Management and a Master of Science in Public Policy Management.
|Number of International Students1||279|
|Mode of Program||Full time and Part-time|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||105,000 AUD approx.|
Carnegie Mellon University Australia Programs, Campus, and Residence
- Carnegie Mellon University Australia offers Master of Science degrees in Public Policy and Management(MSPPM), Information Technology and Management(MSIT-ITM), and Business Intelligence and Data Analytics(MSIT-BIDA.
- The courses are offered in the 12-month and 21-month program.
- CMU Australia also offers Master of Information Systems Management and MSPPM courses at a global level with studies at both the campus in Pittsburgh and Adelaide.
- CMU Australia is located in Adelaide, the tenth Most Liveable City in the world (Economist Intelligence Unit 2019).
- CMU Australia does not offer any on-campus residence to its student, International students will have to look for accommodation on their own.
Carnegie Mellon University Australia Admission Process
Where to Apply: Official Portal of CMU-A
Application Fee: No Application fee
|MISM Global/MSPPM Global||January 10|
Prerequisites for Admissions
- Test scores: GRE/GMAT/IMOT
- English Language Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL iBT(22 in each) or IELTS(6.5)
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Video Interview(optional)
Carnegie Mellon University Australia Cost of Attendance
- For international students, the tuition fee to study at CMU-A is 78,840 AUD for the 12-month program and 94,739 AUD for the 21-month program.
- The tuition fee for the Global courses are 47,370 AUD plus 51,000 USD.
- International students will also have to plan and prepare a budget before they arrive to study at Carnegie Mellon University, Australia.
- The tuition fees do not include living costs such as accommodation, food, and other expenses. These costs can add up to approximately 19,830 AUD per year.
|Hostels and Guesthouses||90 - 150 AUD per week|
|Shared Rental||85 - 215 AUD per week|
|Homestay||235 - 325 AUD per week|
|Rental||165 - 440 AUD per week|
Other Living Expenses
|Groceries and Eating Out||80 - 280 AUD per week|
|Phone and internet||20 - 55 AUD per week|
|Gas and Electricity||35 - 140 AUD per week|
|Public Transport||15 - 55 AUD per week|
|Entertainment||70 - 140 AUD per week|
Carnegie Mellon University Australia Scholarship
- Carnegie Mellon University Australia offers academic merit scholarships up to 40% of the tuition fee to the meritorious students of all the programs except the global programs.
- CMU Australia also offers scholarships for International Students from Asia, Africa, and South America of 20,000 AUD and 15,000 AUD for the duration of 21 and 12 months master’s degree respectively.
- Students will have to apply for CMU-A International Scholarship based on their eligibility.
Carnegie Mellon University Adelaide campus, established in 2006, offers admission to various graduate programs. Students from over 20 countries are enrolled in University. The degree offered by the university is accredited both in America as well as Australia.
- International students in Carnegie University come from around 144 countries.
- The university accepts TOEFL, IELTS as the requirement as proof of English language proficiency.
- No application fee is required for admission.
|Application Portal||University Application Portal|
|English Language Requirement||TOEFL, IELTS|
Carnegie Mellon University Admission Deadline
Application deadlines for Carnegie Mellon University are as follows:
|Global Programs||January 10|
|Others||International: April 30|
Domestic: July 15
Carnegie Mellon University Admissions
Carnegie Mellon University offers various Masters programs Public Policy and Management, Information Technology and Management and Business Intelligence and Data Analytics. The university also offers executive education.
Where to Apply: University Application Portal
Application Fee: N/A
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- Bachelor's degree
- CMU Institutional Maths Online Test score
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- 3 or more years of experience for 12-month track
- Video Interview
- Experience in data structures and programming languages such as C, C++ or Java for Information Technology programs.
Additional Requirements for International Students
In addition to the above requirements, International students must also have a Australian student visa and provide sufficient proof of english proficiency. International students can also submit one of the below scores as substitute for CMU Institutional Maths Online Test score:
- 300 or above GRE score
- 600 or above GMAT score
English Language Proficiency for International Students
International applicants whose native language is not english are required to submit one of the below scores as proof of english proficiency:
|IELTS||6.5 with at least 6.0 in each field|
Note: The university also provides tuition for students who need to improve their English to get an offer into their chosen program. Tuition is arranged in Intensive English Language Institute or South Australian College of English, Adelaide.
Visa Process for International Applicants
After the students receive the offer letter, they are required to complete the response form and send it with the passport photo page as well as the medicare card to the admissions office. The admissions office after receiving all the above mentioned documents will issue students confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which is required to be attached with the visa application. Requirements for Visa Application:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor letter, if applicable
- Acceptance letter/CoE
Some programs like Advanced certificate in BIDA and Graduate Certificate in BIDA are not yet open for international students. University conveys acceptance decision with two to three weeks of receiving applications. Applicants are required to score well in GMAT/GRE as well English proficiency tests: IELTS/TOEFL. Additional requirements such as video interviews, essays and other supplementary documents which may be optional for some programs but can definitely increase the chances of acceptance.