CENTRAL AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY Colleges1 year ago - VETERINARY SCIENCE - Imphal - 204 views
Central Agricultural University(CAU) was established on 26th January 1993 by the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Government of India. The mission of the University is to be a centre of excellence in teaching, research and extension education in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
- Located at Iroisemba near Imphal, Manipur
- CAU was established by an act of Parliament, the Central Agricultural University Act 1992
- Recognition by Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), and University Grants Commission(UGC).
- The University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in the field of Agriculture.
- Mode of Application: Online, Basis of Admission: Merit
- CAU imparts teaching in the field of horticulture, fisheries, and agricultural engineering.
CAU Constituent Colleges
CAU Courses Offered
|Name of Faculty||UG Programmme||PG Programme|
|Faculty of Agriculture||BSc. Agriculture||MSc. Agriculture|
|Faculty of Horticulture||BSc. Horticulture||MSc. Horticulture|
|Faculty of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry||B.V.Sc.||M.V.Sc.|
|Faculty of Fisheries||B.F.Sc.||M.F.Sc.|
|Faculty of Community Science||BSc. Community Science||MSc. Community Science|
|Faculty of Agricultural Engineering&Food Technology||B.Tech Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology||M.Tech Agriculture Engineering|
BSc. Agriculture is a 4-year undergraduate program, providing key insights about the technological advancements in the field of agriculture.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2(PCM/PCB) with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Total Intake: 100
B.Tech Agriculture Engineering
This program is designed for engineering enthusiasts, who look forward to a career in the development of the tools involved used in agriculture. The course is spanned over 8 semesters of 6 months each.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2(PCM/PCB) or equivalent.
Total Intake: 51
M.Tech Agriculture Engineering
M.Tech Agriculture Engineering encompasses the application usage of the technologies developed in the field of agriculture. The course duration is of 2-years, including seminars, group discussions, and field training.
Eligibility Criteria: B.Tech Agriculture Engineering from any recognized institution/university.
Total Intake: 21
It is a 3-year doctoral level program, focused on fundamental usage of breeding, seed management, cropping systems, etc. The course provides an in-depth analysis of the agriculture sector, through on the job training modules.
Eligibility Criteria: MSc. in Agronomy with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.