Australian Catholic University (ACU), in North Sydney has 6 campuses and research institutes. It has been ranked in top 5% universities globally. ACU is the most affordable universities in Australia and offers diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 10 areas of study. AMU has the highest graduate employment rate in Australia, of 91.1%.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||73:27|
|Graduate Employability Rate||91.1%|
|No. of Courses||125|
|No. of International Students||11%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000 – AUD 40,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Agent/Online/Submit in person|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the popular subjects offered at Australian Catholic University are: Psychology, Education, Life Sciences, Clinical and Pre-Clinical Health, etc. Australian Catholic University offers on-campus accommodation to its students.
Australian Catholic University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent/submit in person at the office/directly online.
- Common requirements: Attach academic transcripts, work/project/academic experience (if any), along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions).
- Additional requirements: Official bank statement, copy of passport (photo page), health/security checks, portfolio (required for particular courses), and visa details, etc.
- For Research students:
- Research Proposal (1,000-2,000 words)
- Professional recognition (if any)
- Passport Referee Reports
- Application deadlines: Semester 1: January; Semester 2: December
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Arts and Humanities||AUD 22,720 – AUD 22,936|
|Business||AUD 25,248 – AUD 26,304|
|Creative Arts and Communication||AUD 22,720|
|Health Sciences and Allied Health||AUD 22,396 – AUD 37,200|
|Law||AUD 28,144 – AUD 29,584|
|Nursing and Midwifery||AUD 27,136 – AUD 27,960|
|Science||AUD 22,936 – AUD 25,248|
|Information Technology||AUD 22,720 – AUD 25,248|
|Teaching and Professional Education||AUD 22,720|
Australian Catholic University offers around 11 scholarships to international students.
Some of them are:
- Global Excellence Scholarships - AUD 15,000 for UG students and AUD 20,000 for PG students.
- Catherine McAuley Scholarship - AUD 10,000 awarded to students in installments.
- DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic Club Postgraduate Bursary - AUD 5,000 awarded to students.
Central Queensland University is the only university which has its campus in every mainland state. The university has seen commendable growth in recent years and is ranked as one of the top 600 universities throughout the world. More than 30,000 students from over 70 countries are enrolled in the university. The university has a diverse student crowd with more than 5000 international students.
- The university offers more than 300 programs and courses across 6 areas of the discipline.
- Students can apply for diploma, bachelors, masters or doctoral degrees.
- The university also provides on-campus accommodation.
- 80.4% of university graduates are employed full- time.
- Online as well as on-campus education is available.
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||N/A|
|Mode of Payment||Credit card/ Flywire/ BPAY|
|Academic Calendar||Semester- based|
|Intake Sessions||Term wise|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
Central Queensland University Admission Deadlines
The university enrols students’ term wise. Application deadlines for undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the next term are given below. However, note that some courses may have specific deadlines.
|Undergraduate: Term 2||June 26, 2019|
|Postgraduate: Term 2||July 1, 2019|
Some of the important deadlines to complete the enrolment for undergraduate and graduate courses are tabulated here.
|Term 1||April 2, 2019|
|Term 2||August 6, 2019|
|Term 3||December 3, 2019|
Central Queensland University Undergraduate Admissions
Central Queensland University offers a number of undergraduate courses in different fields. Online as well as on-campus courses are available. The basic requirements for all the courses are the same. However, there are some specific requirements which differ with the course as well.
Where to Apply: Central Queensland University Application
Application Fee: No application fee
Admission Requirements: The following documents have to be provided by the applicants at the time of admission:
- Secondary qualification or tertiary diploma level qualification or bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with an overall GPA of 4.0 or more.
- Transcripts of all academic institutions attended previously.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Minimum competitive rank as mentioned on the website.
- International students need to prove English language proficiency by submitting their English Language Proficiency Test scores.
- A letter of intent, portfolio or resume may be required for certain specific courses.
Central Queensland University English Proficiency Test Scores
- All the international applicants who do not have English as their first language or who have not received a degree from an institute where the primary language is English need to prove their proficiency in English by submitting their TOEFL, IELTS or another test score.
- All those applicants who do not fulfil the given requirements can apply to study one of the English Language course at the university. Entry to an academic course may be granted upon successful completion of the course.
- The minimum required scores differ for each course.
However, the general requirements for admission in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework are given below.
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||75 with no score less than 17|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||6.0 with no individual band score less than 5.5|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||54 with no score less than 46|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) / Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)||169 with no individual band score of less than 154|
Visa Process for International Students
These are the following basic requirements for a smooth visa process:
- Acceptance letter
Documents required to apply for the student permit:
- Offer letter from the college.
- Proof of financial support.
- Overseas Student Health Insurance
- Visa processing fee.
- For the students who are below 18 years of age, student welfare has to be maintained for the duration of their stay.
Central Queensland University Graduate Admissions
Central Queensland University offers postgraduate degrees to the students in a number of courses in fields like Accounting, Business, Law, Engineering, Health etc. Each course has specific admission requirements. However, the basic requirements for admission are the same for both the courses.
|Mater of Professional Accounting||A non- accounting undergraduate degree; Graduate diploma recommended; Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously;|
|Master of Human Resource Management||Bachelor’s degree from Australian University or equivalent or CQ University Graduate Certificate in Management or equivalent or CQ University Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management or equivalent Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously|
|Master of Financial Planning||Australian Bachelor degree, or equivalent qualification or Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning, or equivalent or Diploma of Financial Planning, or equivalent; 5 years of work experience, current registration as a certified practising financial planner Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously|
Central Queensland University has very simple selection criteria. Applicants are suggested to look for deadlines, important information and also fulfil the eligibility criteria.