Charles Darwin University (CDU), is located in Casuarine, Australia has 4 campuses. CDU has been recognized for its faculty, because more than 40% of the faculty are PHD Scholars. Courses offered at CDU include Associate degrees, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral. Also CDU has a 5 star rating for graduate employability rate.
|Student Ratio (females to males)||64:36|
|Graduate Employability Rate||82%|
|No. of Courses||169|
|No. of International Students||34%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000 – AUD 50,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the popular subjects offered at CDU are: Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Education, Clinical & Pre-Clinical Health, etc. CDU offers on-campus residential facilities on its 3 campuses, for its students.
Charles Darwin University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent, online or through mail.
- Requirements vary country to country, for admissions.
- Common requirements: Translated academic transcripts, certificates, statement of purpose, work experience history (if any), along with degree/diploma (for PG admissions).
- Additional requirements: Official bank statement and copy of passport with visa details. For research student
Research proposal outline.
Copy of first page of publication.
Referee report forms and, proof of contact with supervisor.
- Intake Semester: January; July The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|UG Courses Requirement||PG Courses Requirement|
Cost of Attendance
- Living expenses per annum, for on-campus accommodation is AUD 20,290. Average tuition fee for Graduate courses is AUD 33,000.
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Business, Accounting and IT||AUD 21,250 – AUD 27,900|
|Creative Industries, Design and Architecture||AUD 20,100 – AUD 21,600|
|Engineering and Science||AUD 24,600 – AUD 27,900|
|Health, Nursing and Sport Sciences||AUD 24,000 – AUD 28,000|
|Humanitarian and Social Work||AUD 20,100 – AUD 20,500|
CDU offers a fewscholarships to international students.
Some of them are:
- CDU Global Excellence Award – 50% tuition fee reduction.
- CDU Global Leader – 25% tuition fee reduction.
- CDU Global Achievers Award – 15% tuition fee reduction.
Charles Darwin University has helped in promoting the development of educational practices that provide the best quality learning experiences to all the students. The university is unique as it covers the largest area of the continent even after being located in a remote location. It is the only university that is based in the northern territory.
- Charles Darwin University has four campuses and six centers in Australia.
- The intake seasons are February/ March for Semester 1, July for Semester 2 and November for the Summer semester.
- The vocational education and training courses range from Certificate 1 to Diplomas.
- Applications for both undergraduate and graduate courses are accepted via SATAC
- CDU recommends the international students to complete the application process at least 5 months before the course start date
- Applicants not satisfying the admission requirements are required to complete vocational educational training courses and English language pathway programs offered by CDU to be eligible to apply.
- First-time international applicants are advised to approach the agents registered with the university.
|Application Portal||Undergraduates, Postgraduates & International– Apply through SATAC|
Undergraduates – MyNextCourse (if conditions applicable)
|Application Fee||No application fee|
|Mode of Payment||Not applicable|
|Average SAT Score||Not applicable|
|Average ACT Score||Not applicable|
|International Application Deadlines||Offshore applications Semester 1 – February 2019|
Semester 2 – June 2019
Semester 3 – 14 October 2019
|Intake Seasons||February/ March for Semester 1 July for Semester 2|
November for the Summer semester
Charles Darwin University Admissions Deadlines
Students seeking admission at the Charles Darwin University need to take care of the following deadlines to complete the applications on time.
International Admission deadlines
Given below are the semester-wise deadlines for international applicants.
|Semester 1 2019||Semester 2 2019||Semester 3 2019|
|Last date for submitting onshore applications||18 February 2019||8 July 2019||27 October 2019|
|Last date for submitting offshore applications||4 February 2019||24 June 2019||14 October 2019|
|Last date for submitting applications for course changes/transfers||18 February 2019||19 July 2019||29 November 2019|
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Admissions Deadlines
Given below are the semester-wise deadlines for domestic undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Undergraduate||September 2018||June 2019||21 October 2019|
|Postgraduate||August 2018||August 2018||April 2019|
Charles Darwin University Undergraduate Admissions
An applicant is an international student if he/she is not an Australian citizen/permanent resident of Australia/New Zealand citizen/a holder of the Australian permanent humanitarian visa. Overseas students applying for undergraduate courses need to fulfill the requirements as discussed below.
How to apply: The international students can complete and submit filling the online form via SATAC.
Application fee: Online applications don’t require any application fee.
Admission requirements: Submit the document given below:
- Financial declaration
- Certified copies of the transcripts of the high secondary or any other college that the applicant has attended previously
- A written statement of purpose
- Submit the copy of the passport that shows the personal and visa details
- Also, submit the proof of English Language Proficiency scorecards
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
|Test||Undergraduate score requirement||Postgraduate score requirement|
|IELTS Academic Module||An overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0||An overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0|
|Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)||An overall score of 169||An overall score of 176|
|Navitas Academic English||The minimum percentage should be 55% in Academic English||The minimum percentage should be 65% in Academic English|
|Common European Framework Certificate of English Proficiency||An overall grade of B2||An overall grade of C1|
|TOEFL (Internet-based test)||A minimum overall score of 60||A minimum overall score of 79|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)||The overall score should be 50||The overall score should be 58|
Visa Information for International Students
- The student visa is the document that is issued to the applicant by the Department of Home Affairs. This student visa allows the applicants to enter Australia to study.
- This document is managed by the university and facilitates the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
Charles Darwin University Graduate Admissions
For international students, not all the postgraduate courses are applicable and hence the applicants should go through the courses and then decide which one to choose. All the information regarding the admission requirements is given on SATAC. The application process includes the following steps:
- Firstly, the applicant has to get himself/herself registered on SATAC as a postgraduate applicant.
- Once the registration is complete the SATAC sends the applicant receives an email with a link to access the online application.
- Then the applicant has to open the link and complete filling the online application form and pay a fee of80 AUD for successful processing of the application.
- If the course requires the applicant to upload CV then he/she has to upload the documents also.
- Once the application is successful, the applicant receives an offer via email from SATAC.
- The SATAC automatically accepts the offer for the applicant.
- Then the applicant receives an email from the university that encloses the instructions for setting up an account and enrolling in the units.
The admission requirements differ by course. A few of the courses may require an applicant to send additional documents such as a portfolio, appearing for an interview, or completing a clinical placement form.
Charles Darwin University offers a variety of graduate courses. The table given below describes the admission requirements for some of the popular courses offered by the institution.
|Master of Business Administration||Completion of a Bachelor's degree or graduate certificate in the business field from an accredited university or college.|
|Master of Business Administration (Professional Practice)||Completion of a Bachelor's degree or graduate certificate in the business field from an accredited university or college.|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college.|
|Master of Professional Accounting||Bachelor degree in any discipline other than accounting is required|
|Graduate Diploma of Emergency and Disaster Management||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university|
|Master of Engineering||Completion of Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering Science, Civil and Structural, or an approved equivalent discipline.|
After the submission of articles, the applicants may have to wait for 2-3 months for the application to get processed and the arrival of the admission decision. Applicants are notified about the admission decision through an email. Applicants are sent a set of instructions guiding them through the enrollment procedure on acceptance of offer.