Curtin University, located in Perth has 6 campuses. It has been ranked among top 2% universities of the world. Also received #1 rank for global outlook. Curtin University offers diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 10 areas, and has Engineering as the most ranked and popularly opted subject.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||51:49|
|Graduate Employability Rate||87.2%|
|No. of Courses||118|
|No. of International Students||35%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000 – AUD 230,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the popularly ranked subjects offered at Curtin University are: Mineral and Mining Engineering; Architecture, Arts, Management, etc.
- Curtin University offers more than 1,000 places to stay on-campus to its students. They also suggest off-campus accommodation options.
Curtin University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent/apply online.
- Common requirements: Academic transcripts, award certificates, supplementary documents information (if required) along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions).
- Application Fee: No fee
- Additional requirements: personal identification document (e.g. passport), portfolio (required for particular courses), and visa details, etc. For Research students:
- Research proposal/research topic
- Referee Reports a9if required)
- Application deadlines: Semester 1: February; Semester 2: July
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|Test||UG Requirement||PG Requirement|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Business, Management and Law||AUD 38,600 – AUD 217,000|
|Agriculture, Environment and Sustainability||AUD 38,600 – AUD 154,800|
|Engineering and Mining||AUD 38,600 – AUD 217,000|
|Physical Sciences and Mathematics||AUD 32,600 – AUD 201,003|
|Health||AUD 34,400 – AUD 182,200|
|Arts and Creative Industries||AUD 30,000 – AUD 162,000|
|Information Technology and Computing||AUD 38,600 – AUD 199,500|
|Architecture and Construction||AUD 105,800 – AUD 144,600|
|Culture, Language and Indigenous Studies||AUD 96,000 – AUD 140,500|
Curtin University offers around 32 scholarships to international students, pursuing both graduate and undergraduate degree courses.
Curtin University has an annual enrolment of more than 50,000 students along with graduate enrollment of more than 10,000 every year. Applicants can apply through fall and spring. Curtin University also provides online and part-time courses. The student enrollment number has seen a sharp fall from 38,523 (2014) to 36,832 (2018). Applicants aiming for undergraduate courses can apply through the TISC Portal.
- International students from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Botswana, Chad, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Tanzania, Vietnam, Yemen and Zimbabwe must submit the Genuine Student Assessment Form (GSAF) with their application as part of the SSVF requirement.
- Academic Transcripts, Graduation Statement (AHEGS) and Award Certificate must be submitted using My eQuals.
|Application Portal||Online application Portal (TISC Portal)|
|Application Fee||Not specified|
|Mode of Payment||Debit card, Credit card or CurtinePAY|
|Acceptable English Proficiency Tests||TOEFL,IELTS,PET etc.|
|Financial Aid||Work-study, Loans, Scholarships.|
|Work Experience||Some programs such as the Master’s in Business Administration require prior relevant work experience.|
Curtin University Admission Deadlines
|Undergraduate applications||July 11, 2019|
|B-EXSPRHB, B-NURS, B-speech, BH-OCCT, BH-PHARM||July 27, 2019|
|Master of Business Administration, Master of Science (Mineral and Energy Economics), Master of Engineering Management, Graduate Diploma in Business, Graduate Certificate in Business, Graduate Certificate in Mineral and Energy Economics||Application opens: January 28, 2019|
Application close: April 28, 2019
Curtin University Undergraduate Admissions
These are the minimum requirements for Curtin University Undergraduate Admissions:
Application deadline: July 11, 2019
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent
- written submission
- portfolio presentation
- English language proficiency
|Bachelor of Science(Psychology)||Minimum 60% overall in CBSE and 65% in HSC; Minimum academic entry requirement includes obtaining an average of 65% in five core subjects including English; Mathematics is a mandatory pre-requisite subject.|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction)||a minimum of 70% overall in CBSE and 71% in HSC; Mathematics with Calculus, and either Physics, Chemistry or Engineering studies are mandatory pre-requisites.|
|Bachelor of Technology(Computer Systems and Networking)||Minimum percentage of 60% overall in CBSE and 65% in HSC; Mathematics and Calculus, along with further knowledge in Mathematics.|
|Bachelor of Arts||English Proficiency test scores; a minimum of 60% overall in CBSE and 65% in HSC;|
Curtin University English Language Proficiency Requirements
For admittance at Curtin University, international applicants have to have a good command over the English language and to prove their fluency in English, they are required to score a minimum benchmark to be eligible for admission.
|Accepted English Proficiency Tests||Minimum Scores Required|
|IELTS||An overall band score of 6.5 with a 6.0 band score in each section.|
|PTE||An overall score of 58 with a minimum score of 50 in each section.|
|TOEFL Internet-based Test||An overall score of 79; Reading- 13 Listening- 13 Speaking- 18 Writing- 21|
|TOEFL Paper-based Test||570 and 4.5 in TWE|
|C1 Advanced||An overall score of 176 with 169 in each section.|
Visa Requirements for International Applicants
- Applicants need to obtain a student visa as well as a part-time working visa.
- Students can stay-in and re-enter Australia throughout the duration of their course.
- For visa application, applicants need to have a copy of the candidate’s Letter of Offer, a copy of their Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment(CoE), passport and the visa application payment proof.
Curtin University Graduate Admissions
For graduate applicants, the general guidelines are more or less the same as for undergraduates. Some specific requirements are as follows:
- A bachelor degree
- All academic documentation of previous qualifications.
- Proper attestation from the concerned authorities.
- Letter of recommendation from professionals in their specific fields.
|Course||Academic Requirements||Application Deadline||English Proficiency Scores|
|Master of Business Administration||A bachelor’s degree equivalent to Australian Tertiary Institution; Minimum of three years of prior relevant work experience; Submission of resume and appearance for an interview; Application statement and referee report; Employer recommendation;||Application opens in January and closes in April||IELTS is an overall band score of 6.5, with 6.0 in each section.|
|Master of Pharmacy||Bachelor’s degree with more than average grade maintenance overall; Pre-requisite subjects include Mathematics or Physics, Statistics or Research Methods with evidence of a Statistics component or Epidemiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physiology or Pathophysiology; Student Declaration;||Application opens in August and closes in October||An overall band score of 7.0 in IELTS,72 in the Pearson Test of English and Grade C in CAE|
Only applicants who meet the required minimum admission criteria may be selected for an offer of a place in an undergraduate course. The documents to be submitted for successful application and admission include all the academic documentations such as grading certificates, mark sheets, academic transcripts etc. Intake of International students is done on selective terms which have to be personally inquired from the university office.
Selection will be based on grades, quality and relevance of work experience and performance of an applicant.