Deakin Business School offers Deakin University's major business programs such as Master of Business Administration, Master of Commerce, Master of International Business, Master of Marketing, and Doctor of Business Administration courses as well as Executive Development programs. Deakin Business School also provides a range of undergraduate, graduate certificate and diploma courses.
Deakin Graduate School of Business is the business building of Melbourne Burwood Campus. The Melbourne Burwood Campus is located at Burwood Highway, Victoria. Deakin School of Business has a graduate accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The Business school offers 6 major graduate programs.
- The university is ranked #7 in Australia according to 2019 Australian University Rankings by QS World.
- The university is averagely ranked #21 - #26 in the Asia Pacific according to 2019 Australian University Rankings by QS World.
|Type of University||Private|
|Location||Burwood Highway, Victoria|
|Total no. of Academic programs||36|
|Tuition Fees||A$ 42,200 (per year for MBA)|
|Cost of attendance||A$ 27,000 (average per year)|
|Official test scores & transcripts||GMAT / GRE accepted|
|English Language Proficiency||IELTS / TOEFL-iBT / TOEFL-PBT / CPE / CAE / PET / OET / SPM / DUELI / EAP|
|Admission Helpdesk||Phone: +6 139 244 6555|
Email: [email protected]
Programs, Campus, & Residence
- Deakin Business School offers a range of business programs through its six academic departments:
- Department of Accounting.
- Department of Economics.
- Department of Finance.
- Department of Management.
- Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics.
- Department of Marketing.
- Burwood Campus is the busiest campus, with around 26,000 students and 1500 staff. The campus sits alongside parkland, which is great for cycling and walks.
- The housing facilities for the Deakin School of Business is handled by Melbourne Burwood Campus which offers on-campus residence option not only for students but also for their family members.
Admissions & Entry Requirements
Application Fee: Application fee is 55 A$ for MBA program which must be paid by bank draft.
Admission Deadlines: The admission are done on a rolling basis throughout the year, so the deadlines are not applicable.
Admission Requirements (MBA):
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Graduate Certificate required in the related program and a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways).
- Required the latest Resume / CV.
- Required two Letters of recommendation.
- Required one page write up (why your work experience would be valued for MBA).
Average Tuition Fees
- Estimated tuition fee Full Year 2020 for MBA - A$ 42,200
- Estimated tuition fee Full Year 2020 for MHE- A$ 32,400
- Estimated tuition fee Full Year 2020 for Master of Teaching - A$ 29,400
- Estimated tuition fee Full Year 2020 for MBA (Sports Management) – A$ 39,000
Scholarships and Financial aid
- Deakin scholarship for international students: A candidate must apply and accepted for a full-time course to be eligible for the Deakin scholarship.
- Australia Government Scholarship: This scholarship is also available only for full-time course applicants but a candidate should belong to Asia-Pacific region to avail this scholarship.
Deakin Business School has a strong network of more than 800 alumni and some of the notable ones are:
- Tony Arnel (Global Director, Norman Disney & Young)
- Lara Bernardo (Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator at Tennis Australia)
- Mukund Narayanamurti (Chief Executive Officer, Asialink Business)
- Madison Robinson (Captain, Collingwood Magpies)