Federation University, located in Queensland has 9 campuses. It is the third oldest university in Australia. Federation University has been ranked #1 for graduate employability rate as well. The university offers diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 8 areas of study, and has a good record for teaching quality.
|Graduate Employability Rate||89.5%|
|No. of Courses||217|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000 – AUD 50,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the popular subjects at Federation University are: Engineering, Business, Agriculture, Horticulture, Social Sciences, Education, Automotive, etc.
- Federation University offers on-campus accommodation to its students.
Federation University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online directly.
- Common requirements: Academic transcripts, award/completion certificates, supplementary documents (if required) and professional experience record (if any).
- Application Fee: No fee
- Additional requirements: identification document (e.g. passport), portfolio/interview/auditions (if required), and visa details.
- Intake Months: February, March,July and November
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|TOEFL (IBT)||92 – 93|
Cost of Attendance
Living Expenses can vary from AUD 326 – AUD 480 per week for students.
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Business||AUD 25,100 – AUD 30,100|
|Engineering and Information Technology||AUD 23,700 – AUD 28,800|
|Creative Arts||AUD 21,100 – AUD 26,900|
|Sciences||AUD 24,700 – AUD 27,800|
|Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences||AUD 21,300 – AUD 23,600|
|Healthcare, Nursing and Midwifery||AUD 29,700|
|Education||AUD 23,600 – AUD 27,400|
|Health Sciences and Psychology||AUD 25,700 – AUD 29,600|
Federation University offers scholarships to international students, pursuing both graduate and undergraduate degree courses. Some of them are:
International Excellence Scholarships: 20% tuition fee waivered, for eligible international students.
Established in 1870, Federation University (FedUni) based in Ballarat, is a premier public university at Victoria and ranks as the fourth oldest tertiary educational institution in Australia. FedUni has nine campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera to provide with approximately 1,300 teaching faculty. The University offers undergraduate programs in various fields such as Humanities and Social Sciences, Engineering, Business, Science and Mathematics, Education and Early Childhood etc.
- The application fee for both UG and PG programs is $25.
- Students can apply via University’s Online Portal, Agent or VTAC.
- 79% of graduates are employed full-time, one of the highest graduate employment rates in Australia.
- 35% of the total population comprises of international students.
- International students need to take English Proficiency Tests in order to secure admission.
|Application Portal||Online portal/ Agent/ VTAC|
|Application fee||AUD 25|
|Average IELTS score||6.0|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/ Master-card|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Students Intake||February, March, July, November|
Federation University Australia Admission Deadlines
Offshore applications close approximately five weeks before the semester commencement date. If you will be studying an EAP (English and Academic Preparation) program, cut-off dates will be based on the orientation date of your EAP program, not the standard semester dates.
|Ballarat, Berwick and Gippsland (Semester 2)||14 June 2019|
|Brisbane (Semester 2)||07 June 2019|
Federation University Australia Undergraduate Admissions
To take admission in undergraduate programs, International Applicants must be over 18 years of age during the time the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is issued. Candidates must have completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent. The basic admission process for all the courses remains the same. Some courses may require additional specific entry requirements.
Application Fee:- $25
- Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60% in best four academic subjects.
- Degrees, diplomas or certificates and academic transcripts of previously attended institutes.
- Translations of Non-English and corresponding original language documents
- Proof of academic IELTS results or equivalent
- Passport and valid Australian visa
- Confirmation of Enrolments (CoEs) from your studies in Australia (if any)
- Research Proposal, Additional Details Form, or Application for audition/Interview, if relevant
- Letters from schools or employers, a statement of purpose or your CV/resume(if any)
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The English Language Minimum Requirements for general programs like business, IT and general science, is Academic IELTS Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0, or equivalent. However, some programs may require higher scores.
|Tests||Minimum Score Requirements|
Student Visa Requirements
Student visa i.e subclass 500 is required to study in Australia. It is a temporary visa which allows students to study for up to 5 years. Subclass 500 student visa allows students to travel in and out of Australia. The step by step visa application process is given below-
- Arrange the documents
- Apply online for the VISA along with the documents
- Receive VISA decision along with the following details:
- your visa grant number
- the date your visa expires
- your visa conditions
- Keep a copy of all the documents while arriving in Australia
- All international students on student visas and their families should pay for health insurance during their stay in Australia.
Federation University Australia Graduate Admissions
At Federation University, the most popular postgraduate courses are Engineering, Business,Humanities, Education, etc. Although the general admission requirements remain the same, there are few course-specific requirements as well.
Application Fee:- $25
|Courses||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|Master of Business Administration||Bachelor degree, Significant managerial work experience||IELTS: 6.0 or equivalent|
|Master of Technology(software engineering)||completion of a recognised 3-year Australian bachelor degree or overseas equivalent||IELTS: 6.0 or equivalent|
|Master of Arts||Qualification equivalent to an Honours degree at class 2B level||IELTS: 6.5|
|Master of Teaching (Primary)||a recognised 3-year bachelor degree or equivalent.||IELTS: 7.5|
Students' electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) letter will be issued when they have met all conditions as per the International Student Offer and the university confirms that the fee payment has been received. Students will need the CoE when applying to the Australian diplomatic post for a student visa.