Flinders University is a public university that was established in 1966 in Adelaide, South Australia. The university was ranked 251-300 in the World Universities Ranking 2019.
|University Type||Public University|
|Cost of Attendance||27,100 AUD|
|Applications Accepted||Online/ Agent|
|Mode of Program||Full time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Flinders University offers all its programs under its 6 schools. Also, it offers 110 post-graduate programs across 15 areas of study. The university has 3 campuses located in three locations - Bedford Park, Victoria Square and Tonsley. The university offers accommodation facilities to its students through its two on-campus housing, University Hall and Deirdre Jordan Village.
Application Form: The students can fill the application form through the university website or through the authorized agent. While filling the application form online, the applicants are required to pay the application fee whereas, there is no application fee that has to be paid if you fill the form through the authorized agent. Common requirements: Transcripts Application fee: 60/100 AUD– Online Additional requirements: Portfolio, Written Statement, CV, Referee Details, Showreel, etc. Intake Sessions – February and July
|TOEFL||Internet - 80|
Cost of Attendance
|College of Business, Government and Law||27,100-31,000 AUD|
|College of Education, Psychology and Social Work||27,100 – 29,900 AUD|
|College of Humanities, Arts and Social Science||27,600 AUD|
|College of Medicine and Public Health||30,800-36,300 AUD|
|College of Nursing and Health Sciences||30,900-36,300 AUD|
|College of Science and Engineering||28,500 – 34,500 AUD|
The university offers around 550 scholarships to its undergraduate students which are around $2.2 million in total.
The student body at Flinders University had a total of 26,102 students. Around 5,412 of this population is international with 3823 studying on-shore campus and 1631 offshore campus. The admissions are made on a rolling basis.
- International applicants can apply online by sending the pdf application to [email protected]
- International applicants can also apply through the International Student Application.
- The ELP test scores vary for various bachelor’s programs.
- Work experience may be required for some graduate certificates and diploma courses.
|Application Process||Online and offline|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||AUD$60 for online|
AUD$100 for offline(No fee if done by an authorized agent)
|Average % for CBSE students(in best 4 subjects)||65|
|Average % for ICS students(in best 4 subjects)||70|
|Mode of Payment||Cheque or Cards|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants are required to fulfill one of the following English language requirements for admissions at Flinders University.
- Applicants can to successfully complete an approved secondary or tertiary qualification from an English speaking country.
- Applicants can successfully complete a pre-course English program from an approved ELICOS provider.
- Applicants can provide the following English Language Test Scores for admissions in most of the bachelor's and postgraduate courses. Please note that for some bachelor’s programs English language proficiency test scores vary.
|Test||Minimum Scores (UG & PG)|
|TOEFL-iBT||72 (18 in speaking and writing)|
|Pearson PTE Academic||50|
|Cambridge English Advanced CAE||B2|
|Other Bachelor Programs||IELTS||TOEFL||PTE|
|Arts, human nutrition, midwifery, Nursing, Dietetics, Psychology||6.5||80||58|
|Accounting, arts, business administration||6.5||80||-|
|Speech pathology, physiology, nutrition & dietetics, occupational therapy Medicine, Psychology||7.0||94||-|
Visa Process for International Students
After the application process, the university will send the offer of admission through mail or to the agent. In this, an applicant will find various details related to your admission, course fees, etc.
- The applicant needs to accept the offer and other declarations.
- After this, the applicant has to pay the fees for the first semester and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) visa.
- After this, the university will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which is required to apply for a student visa.
- Apply online for VISA at VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online).
- Enrolled in 24 units of credit per semester.
- Under the regulations of Australian policymakers, any student on International VISA is only allowed to work for 40 hours per fortnight.
- If the applicant fails to meet any of the visa conditions the visa may be canceled.
- The student must consult the student development International for any kind of assistance.
Flinders University Undergraduate Admissions
There are a plethora of undergraduate courses offered by the university. The admissions process to these is similar. The details of the requirements and the process are mentioned below:
Where to Apply: University Application Portal
Application Fee: AUD$60, AUD$100 (for some specific categories), No fee if applied via an authorized agent
Admission Requirements: The academic requirements for international students depend on their country because of the secondary education board/levels.
- For Indian Applicants
- The secondary school requirement is different for each country. For India, it is a minimum of 65% for CBSE students and 70% for ICS students.
- For Chinese Applicants
- Gao Kao provincial scores required
- For Japanese Applicants
- A minimum grade of 4 on a scale of 5 in Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- For Malaysian Applicants
- Successful completion of STPM and UEC courses.
- For details of other country-specific requirements
- Proof of English language efficiency is required
Flinders University Postgraduate Admissions
Flinders University provides three types of categories to provide various postgraduate programs: Graduate certificates, graduate diplomas & masters, Masters by research, and Doctor of Philosophy. The admissions requirements for the graduate certificate, diploma, and masters programs are mentioned below:
Graduate Certificate & Diploma
- A three-year bachelors degree
- Work experience may be required for some courses
- Statement of the employer or a reference from the employer.
Masters with Research
- Masters degree with research
- Bachelor's degree with second class honors or better.
- Applicants with scores below second class are usually not admitted and may be given admissions.
Flinders University also provides pathway programs for English language and academic-related issues for the students who are not able to match certain requirements for admission. Admission documents can also be submitted to the university’s agent. For finding the agent in the home country.