The Holmes Institute is a privately owned institute which laid its foundation in the year 1963. It has campuses located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cranes and also in Hong Kong.
It provides vocational training, opportunities for higher studies at the undergraduate and graduate level in Business and Accounting, college preparatory programs and also has an English Language Centre.
The institute has collaborated with other public Australian Universities so as to provide its students with a pathway to degree certificates after completing a diploma from Holmes.
|College Type||Private Institute|
|No. of Campuses||6|
|Accommodation Type||Residence Halls/Apartments/Home Stays|
|Cost of Attendance||Varies|
|Intake Type||Trimester Wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Holmes Institute Programs, Campus and Residence
Holmes Institute offers four types of programs, namely:
- English Language Courses
- Senior Secondary School
- Vocational Programs
- Higher Education Programs
The vocational courses include certifications and diplomas in the fields of Business, Accounting, Hospitality, etc. Higher Education Programs also offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in Business, Accounting, etc.
There are 6 campuses in total located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Cranes, Gold Coast, and Hong Kong. The campuses are equipped with modern up to date facilities such as on-campus accommodation, post office, bank, medical center, stationery, book store, library, etc.
All the Holmes Campuses are WiFi connected to facilitate communication among people.
Holmes Institute offers a host of accommodation opportunities to its students ranging from homestays to traditional residence halls. The institute provides assistance to its students in finding the option best suited to them be it on-campus or off-campus. Requests for accommodation can be made online as soon as the student receives confirmation of enrolment at Holmes.
Holmes Institute Application Process
- Application: Applications can be made through both online and offline mode.
- Application Deadline: Courses at Holmes are taught in trimesters of around 5 months. Applicants need to apply 3-4 months before the start of their intended trimester of study to be enrolled. Program-specific application deadlines can be found on the official website.
- General Requirements: Official academic transcripts, official program completion certificates, mark sheets, English language Scores.
- Additional Requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, Insurance documentation, Valid student Visa.
- English Proficiency Test: Holmes Institute accepts IELTS scores or any other recognized equivalent as proof of English proficiency. Scores vary for different levels of study.
Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee for the following programs are as follows:
|Bachelor of Business||54,000|
|Diploma in Business Management||18,000|
|Master of Business Administration||28,200|
Living costs for a week can go up to 500 AUD. The weekly on-campus accommodation cost for different campuses of Holmes Institute are tabulated below:
|Type||Melbourne Cost||Sydney Cost||Cranes Cost||Brisbane Cost||Gold Coast Cost|
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students may seek financial aid in the form of student loans, allowances, and Scholarships. Indian students can choose from a host of scholarship opportunities to study in Australia. The following scholarships are offered at Holmes Institute for Indian students:
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship (Amount: up to 56,000 AUD)
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate International Scholarship (50% of tuition fee)
- Monash International Merit Scholarship (10,000 AUD).
Furthermore, students may seek scholarships from external sources, such as Commonwealth Scholarships, and International Doctoral Research Scholarships.
The alumni of the Holmes Institute may avail of alumni benefits such as e-newsletters, career advice, access to the library, and an invitation to alumi events.