LA TROBE COLLEGE Colleges1 year ago - ENGINEERING - Melbourne - 131 views
La Trobe College, located at the campus of La Trobe University, was established in the year 2010. The college was previously known as La Trobe Melbourne and was renamed as La Trobe College in the year 2018.
College offers pathway courses to students, facilitating the admission in the University at its Melbourne Campus and Sydney Campus, in the form of foundation courses, diploma courses and English language courses, along with postgraduate enabling programs.
|Intake Season||Trimester (February, June, October)|
|Type of Program||Pathway|
Campus, Programs and Residence
La Trobe College is located in the campus of La Trobe University’s 2 campuses:
- The Melbourne Campus has several sports, academic, recreational, social and cultural clubs along with different special interest groups, sporting clubs and professional associations.
- The Sydney campus offers religious facilities like Chaplaincy, Muslim prayer facilities, counselling services, childcare serves etc. It also has the La Trobe University Library and IT services and various other resources.
This college offers pathway courses and diploma programs in bioscience, business, engineering, health sciences, information technology, media and communications, and psychology to both domestic and International students at the Melbourne campus.
It also offers courses in English language proficiency with English for further studies and General English. At the Sydney campus, the college offers courses on behalf of the La Trobe University that focus on Business and Information Technology and are PG enabling programs.
Students have the option of availing one of the following accommodation options while studying at La Trobe College:
- Homestay: Living at Australian Family House
- Short-term On-Campus Residential Colleges: Staying at La Trobe College for a short duration of time.
- Off-campus Accommodation: Renting an apartment or house.
Application Portal: Students can apply through both online and offline application portal.
Admission Requirements: Official academic transcripts (translated and notarised if not in English), Passport copy, Valid student Visa
English Proficiency Test: University accepts IELTS, TOEFL and PTE courses as proof of english proficiency.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition fee of the year 2019 for International students is provided below:
|Program||Cost (in AUD)|
|English Courses||$ 450|
|English for Further Studies||$ 450|
|Foundation Studies||$ 21,800|
|PG Enabling Program||$12,700|
Additional expenses required to be beared by students while studying at La Trobe College is provided below:
|Expense||Cost (in AUD)|
|Enrolment and orientation fees||$220|
|Accommodation fee||$220 (for using school services)|
|Airport arrival service||One way: $120 Return: $160|
|Care fee (compulsory for students under 18)||Initial 4 weeks: $ 150 AUD Per Additional week : $ 35 AUD|
|OSCH (per month)||$ 54 AUD (individual) $ 142 AUD (family)|
|ELICOS Textbooks||$50 - $80 per book|
|Living costs including transport, food, clothing, accommodation, entertainment and text books||$18,610 - $ 20,000 per year|
Students may seek financial aid in the form of scholarships, awards or stipends :
- Navitas Family Bursary: This scholarship covers 10%of the tuition fees for up to 8 units of study within one program which can only be from a Navitas member institute
- Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the most outstanding results from 2 students across the various programs at a Navitas Pathway College or a Managed Campus per semester.
- FEE-HELP Australian Government Loan Scheme: This scheme is only available for diploma programs and international students are not eligible for this. In this scheme, the Australian government pays the loan amount directly to the applicant’s education provider. The combined HELP loan limit is usually $104,440 for most students and $124,238 for the students who are pursuing medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses.