Lady Hardinge Medical College - LHMC Colleges1 year ago - PARAMEDICAL - Delhi - 425 views
Lady Hardinge Medical College is a medical institute, established in the year 1916. The hospital and college were formally initiated in this year under the supervision of Lord Hardinge. At first, the institute admitted only 16 students under Principal Dr Kate Platt. Then, later in 1950, the institute got affiliated to the University of Delhi and the postgraduate courses were initiated in 1954. In 1956, the Kalawati Saran Children's Hospital was built along with the college. The institution's management was taken over by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in 1978.
Since then, the college has been providing high-quality education to students across the country. The different departments include Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Community Medicine and Psychiatry.
Lady Hardinge Medical College Admission Process
The candidates who want to enrol themselves in the MBBS course must have passed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks.
- For students belonging to the ST/SC categories, the minimum marks required is 40% in class 12. A valid score in the NEET Exam is also required
- Students seeking admission in the MD/MS course must have passed MBBS from a recognised university with one year of internship
- For the Postgraduate Diploma, eligibility is the same. But, for both courses, the final selection will depend upon the marks obtained in the NEET PG Examination
- Enrolment in the MCh (Paediatric Surgery) will depend upon the performance in the MS degree from a reputable university
Lady Hardinge Medical College Scholarships
The college has an alumni association that arranges for scholarships and donations for meritorious students. These scholarships can be started according to the name of the donor and are aimed at assisting students who lack the financial support to pursue their courses.
The donations can be accepted as an amount of 25,000 for a medal for a period of 10 years. A 3 lacs scholarship and the 6 lacs scholarship provide INR 15,000 per month to students. A 4 and a half year scholarship is offered that costs 75,000.
The various scholarships available include:
- Dr Rakesh Kumar Sharma Scholarship
- Dr Nirmal Aggarwal Scholarship
- Dr Mohinder Nath Memorial Medal for Best Graduate Surgery
- Shanti Devi & Balakrishnan Memorial Medal for Best Graduate PSM
- Dr Shakuntala Sabharwal & Dr Rajinder Nath Memorial Prize for Best Student in O&G Practical
The institute also arranges an internship for all MBBS students as a part of their curriculum. The duration of the internship is 12 months that takes place after their final exam. Students are required to spend 2 months in rural health centres for practising their skills.
|Also Known As||LHMC|
|Website||Go to website...|
|Popular Courses||MBBS , MD|
|Total Courses||30 courses across 2 streams|