MADRAS VETERINARY COLLEGE Colleges1 year ago - VETERINARY SCIENCE - Chennai - 1.2K views
Madras Veterinary College (MVC) is an affiliation of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) and is currently one of the best and most well-reputed Veterinary colleges in India. The college offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs in the respective field. Admission to MVC Chennai is both Merit and Entrance-based. The college also provides various scholarships to the deserving students.
Madras Veterinary College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1903 | Private|
|Approved by||Veterinary Council of India (VIC)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted Exam Score||ICAR, and University CET|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, B.VSc B.Tech, and M.Sc|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
|Address||Vepery High Road, Periamet, Vepery, Choolai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600007|
Madras Veterinary College Courses
MVC offers a total of 15 regular courses in the fields of Veterinary Science, Technology, and Management through UG, PG, Doctoral, and Diploma programs. The table below gives a brief about the major courses of Madras Veterinary College:
|BVSc & AH||Duration: 5 yearsEligibility: 50% marks in 10+2 in Science streamRead More|
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 YearsEligibility: 50% marks in 10+2 in Science streamSpecializations: Food Technology, Poultry Technology, and Dairy TechnologyRead More|
|MVSc||Duration: 2 YearsEligibility: Graduate degree in a relevant field.Read More|
|M.Tech (Food Technology)||Duration: 2 YearsEligibility: Graduate degree in a relevant field.Read More|
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 YearsEligibility: Graduate degree in a relevant field.Specializations: Bioinformatics and BiostatisticsRead More|
|MBA (Food and Livestock Business Management)||Duration: 2 YearsEligibility: Graduate in any disciplineRead More|
|PG Diploma||Duration: 2 YearsEligibility: Graduate in a relevant field.Subjects: Business Management (Animal & Fisheries Sciences), Bioinformatics, Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosis, and Companion Animal Practice.Read More|
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 yearsEligibility: PG Degree in the relevant field.Read More|
|M.Phil||Duration: 1-yearEligibility: Masters degree in a relevant fieldRead More|
Madras Veterinary College Admission
Admission to the Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses at MVC are merit-based and follow the guidelines prescribed by TANUVAS and the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 or higher secondary from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Botany/ Zoology as compulsory subjects, or have completed a vocational course in Agricultural Practices/ Dairy/ Poultry, are eligible to apply for the BVSc and AH program.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MVSc and M.Sc programs must complete graduation degree courses in the relevant subject.
How to apply?
Candidates should apply for admission online by visiting the official website of the university. Download the filled-in application and submit the hard copy with the required documents.
Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- Attested photocopy of mark sheet of HSC/CBSE/Equivalent examination
- Attested photocopy of Transfer Certificate
- Attested photocopy of Permanent Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Attested photocopy of the relevant certificate as given in Annexure I to VI of the Prospectus (if applicable)
- Signature of the candidate and parents/ guardians.