Maharashtra Animal and Fisheries Sciences University [MAFSU] is located in Nagpur, Maharashtra. The university was established in the year 2000 and is recognized by UGC. It is a state university.
MAFSU offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral courses. Admissions at MAFSU to these courses are conducted every year.
MAFSU was established with the aim to ensure empowerment and enlightenment of students by imparting knowledge in the fields of dairy, animal and fishery sciences by adopting efficient, innovative and effective strategies.
|How to reach||5 kms (from Nagpur Railway Jn.)6 kms (from ST Bus Stand, Nagpur)|
MAFSU Constituent Colleges
- Mumbai Veterinary College, Nagpur
- Mumbai Veterinary College, Mumbai
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Parbhani (COVAS)
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Udgir (COVAS)
- Krantisinh Nana Patil College Veterinary Science, Shirwal, Satara (KNPCVS)
- Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Akola (PGIVAS)
- College of Fishery Science, Nagpur (CFS)
- College of Fishery Science, Udgir (CFS)
- College of Dairy Technology, Pusad (CDT)
- College of Dairy Technology, Latur (CDT)
- Nagpur Wildlife Research and Training Center, Gorewada
- B.V.Sc. & A.H. (Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry)
- B.Tech (D.T.) (Bachelor of Dairy Technology)
- B.F.Sc. ( Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
Eligibility- Candidates applying for these courses must have passed 12th standard from a recognized board with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Those applying for B.V.Sc. the program must pass the NEET Entrance Exam with a valid score whereas candidates applying for B.Tech. and B.F.Sc. the program must appear for Entrance Exams conducted by the MAFSU, Nagpur.
- M.V.Sc. (Master of Veterinary Science)
- M.Tech. (D.T.) (Master of Dairy Technology)
Eligibility- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream from a recognized university. Admissions to the M.V.Sc. and M.Tech. programs are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field and Entrance exam/ Personal Interview conducted by MAFSU, Nagpur.
Diploma in Livestock Management Admission
Candidates applying for the Diploma program must have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board. Selection to Diploma program is purely based on Merit.
Ph.D. in Veterinary Science Eligibility- The candidate is required to have a degree in M.V.Sc. from a recognized university. Those applying for M.V.Sc. the program must pass the Entrance Exam conducted by the Institute.