MONASH COLLEGE, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA Colleges11 months ago - DESIGN - Melbourne - 201 views
Monash College is a pathway college, fully owned by Monash University. The college offers English language courses, diplomas, study abroad, professional experience programs and more to help international students enter their desired degree course.
Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) under the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) is the regulatory authority of Monash College. It is also registered under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and is a member of the Commonwealth’s Tuition Protection Service (TPS).
|College Type||Pathway College|
|No. of Campus||3|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and Online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Monash College provides education in a wide range of study areas, such as the Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & IT, Business & Economics, Law, Medicine and many more.
- The college mainly offers diploma and professional development courses to its students. It also offers teacher training and development courses and a foundation course to prepare students for university education.
- Apart from this English training courses and maths bridging courses are also available.
- The college has three campuses located in Clayton, Melbourne City, and Caulfield. The diploma students study at the Clayton campus.
- Foundation year and English training students study at the Melbourne City campus and the students of Diploma in Art and Design study at the Caulfield campus.
- There is a number of accommodation options available including on-campus accommodation, homestays, and off-campus accommodations.
- Single room accommodation with shared bathroom facilities is provided to students living on campus.
- The college provides every assistance to students in seeking the accommodation best suited for their lifestyle.
Monash College Application Process
Application Portal: Monash Online Application
Admission Requirements: Official academic transcripts of highest educational Qualification, official program completion certificate, proof of English language proficiency. There is a minimum cut off marks to be eligible for applying to individual programs, the details of which can be found on the official college website.
Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, overseas student health cover (OSHC) certificate, valid student Visa.
English Proficiency Test: Applicants are required to submit IELTS, TOEFL or PTE scores to demonstrate English proficiency.
|Test||Minimum Score Required Foundation Course||Minimum Score Required Diploma Course|
Note: Students who are unable to meet the minimum English requirement can enroll for the Monash English Bridging (MEB) Course to improve their language proficiency.
Cost of Attendance
|Program||Cost (in AUD)|
|Diploma in Engineering||Part 1: $27,300|
Part 2: $32,000
|Diploma in Business||Part 1: $27,000|
Part 2: $30,000
Student accommodation can range in price as follows:
|Accommodation Type||Cost/ Week (AUD)|
Cost of Living: Apart from housing rent and tuition, the cost of living includes expenses such as food, clothing, transport, etc.
|Expense||Cost/Week (in AUD)|
|Food||$80 - $280|
|Gas and Electricity||$35 - $140|
|Phone and Internet||$20 - $55|
|Public Transport||$15 - $55|
|Entertainment||$80 - $150|
Monash University offers scholarships to students enrolled at Monash College. Following scholarships are available for international students:
- Bachelor of International Business Diploma Pathway Scholarship:
- Eligibility: International students who have completed a Diploma of Business at Monash College and wish to the pathway to the Bachelor of International Business at Monash campus.
- Award: $6000
- Bachelor of International Business Foundation Year Scholarship:
- Eligibility: International student studying the Bachelor of International Business who completed the Monash College Foundation Year.
- Award: $6000
Monash College is a popular higher education institute located in the city of Melbourne, Australia. The college is owned by the popular Monash University. The Monash College at present offers foundation programs, English language courses, professional experience courses, diplomas, etc.
- Generally, the applications for admission are accepted in the months of February, June, and July.
- Applications are invited on a rolling basis.
- Applications can be made through the College My Application Portal.
- Proof of ELP is required for admissions in both diploma and foundation courses.
|Application Portal||Monash College Apply Online|
|Acceptance Rate||40% to 45%|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online|
|Admission Criteria for Foundation Course||Varies from Course to Course and based on the Candidate’s Nationality|
|Admission Criteria for Diploma Course||Varies from Course to Course and based on the Candidate’s Nationality|
|Deadline for International Applicants||February, June, October (Exact dates notified)|
|Organization of Academic Year||Year-based|
|Admission Seasons||March and July|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
Non-native English speaking international applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. The minimum test score requirements for a diploma and foundation courses are as follows:
|English Proficiency Test||The minimum score for the Diploma||Minimum Score for Foundation courses|
|TOEFL (Internet Based)||79||52|
|TOEFL (Paper-based exam)||550||471|
Visa Requirements for International Applicants
- Applicants to UC can apply for a student visa to Australia after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
- Provide copies of passport, birth certificate, national identity cards, etc.
- Obtain an Overseas Student Health Cover(OSHC) to be eligible for visa approval.
- Provide a statement in their application form that they intend to stay in Australia temporarily and should be able to provide documentation for the same.
- Applicants with employment history are required to provide details for the same
- Research students are required to provide a copy of the topic of their research and a Resume.
- Students can visit the International Student Support Service Website for more information.
Contact the Australian Embassy regarding any visa-related queries.
Monash College Foundation Course Admissions
A variety of foundation courses are offered by the Monash college. International applicants are required to fulfill country-specific requirements. The admission requirements for foundation courses are briefed below:
Application portal: Monash University My Application Portal.
Admission Requirements: Applicants seeking admission to Monash College, Australia is required to submit the following documents at the time of making the application and at the time of admission:
- English proficiency test score for international applicants
- High school or equivalent certificate /transcript
- Applicant’s proof of residency
- Visa related documents
- Letters of recommendation
- Country-specific requirements
- Indian applicants are required to have 45% in ISCE board, or 55% in the HSCE board.
- Pakistani applicants are required to have an Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate with 60% grade in 5 subjects.
- Chinese applicants with Gao Er must have 70% and the Gao San must have 65%.
- Applicants from Bangladesh must have a 3.0 score in year 11 HSC.
- For details on other countries, click here.
Monash College Diploma Admissions
Diploma courses offered by Monash School are a gateway to the second year of the degree program in a related discipline at Monash University. The college at present offers a diploma program in Engineering, Business, Arts, IT, etc. The admission requirements and process for diploma programs are briefed follows:
Application Portal: Monash University My Application Portal.
- Higher Secondary/ Degree or Equivalent
- Statement of Finance
- Certificates and Mark sheet of secondary/post-secondary grades
- Official copies of transcripts in English or translated in English
- Academic mark sheets in English or Translated into English
- One letter of recommendation from an academic person
- Documents related to Visa application/approval
- English Proficiency Test scores
- Country-specific requirements for diploma courses:
- India: Class 12th or equivalent with 55% in aggregate
- China: Gao Er (Senior Middle Year 2) Overall average of academic subjects only. Grading scale: 0 - 100% (60% Pass)
- Pakistan: HSC with 60%
Applicants can be offered a deferred place, in case they do not fulfill the admission requirements. Applicants accepting the admissions offer are required to pay the deposit, return part B of International Student Course Agreement (ISCA), and pay their overseas health cover fee.