Murdoch University, in Perth has 3 campuses. It has been ranked in top 50 for being under 50. Offering diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 7 areas of study, Murdoch has a good graduate employment rate of 84%. It also has an endowment of AUD 40 million.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||64:36|
|Graduate Employability Rate||84%|
|No. of Courses||78|
|No. of International Students||43%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000 – AUD 40,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time; part time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the popularly opted subjects offered at Murdoch University are: Engineering, Information Technology, Law, Psychology, Science, Education, etc. Murdoch University offers on-campus, and options for off-campus accommodation to its students.
Murdoch University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through TISC, an agent or directly online.
- Common requirements: Attach academic transcripts, work/project/academic experience (if any), along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions).
- Additional requirements: Official bank statement, copy of passport (photo page), visa details, scholarship details, etc.
- For Research students:
- Research Proposal
- Recent publications details
- Professional recognition (if any)
- Application deadlines: Semester 1: 30 November; Semester 2: 31 May
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|STAT||140 (for UG only)|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Arts||AUD 26,959 – AUD 29,631|
|Business||AUD 27,566 – AUD 27,908|
|Education||AUD 25,740 – AUD 26,857|
|Law||AUD 27,683 – AUD 27,867|
|Nursing||AUD 29,132 – AUD 29,866|
|Science||AUD 29,188 – AUD 60,272|
Murdoch University offers around 16 scholarships to international students.
Some of them are:
- Alistair Murdoch - AUD 2,000 awarded to one student.
- Clyde McGill and Colleen Rigby Scholarship - AUD 1,000 awarded to one student.
- Scholarship for Scientific Excellence - Undergraduate & Postgraduate - AUD 20,000 for UG and AUD 10,000 for PG students.
Murdoch University, Australia is a highly reputed university with large enrolments of around 23,000 students each year with numerous Graduate and Undergraduate students. With a wide range of courses in more than 50 subject areas, the university is always in demand. The academic sessions here begin in Fall and Spring seasons with few courses in summer as well.
- The students seeking admission for different courses can apply at the official website.
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- International students have to meet additional requirements to secure admission.
|Application Portal||Official Website|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring season|
|Financial Aid||Grants, loans, work-study, and Scholarships|
Murdoch University Admissions Deadline
The full-time academic session at the Murdoch University begins in the Fall and Spring seasons. The students may apply up to one year in advance for early decision.
Murdoch University International Admissions
International students must fulfil additional requirements before submitting an application to Murdoch University.
International Students Admission Requirement
- Official Transcripts of secondary school or university/ marks card and certificates of completion.
- Financial support documentation or sponsor’s affidavit of financial support.
- Visa certification
- Copy of official passport.
International Students English Language Requirements
Students must have proof of their English language proficiency by providing scores of any one of the following tests given below, to be eligible for admission at Murdoch University, Australia.
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)||169|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||C (250-290)|
Visa Requirements for International Students
Students who are accepted into their course are required to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for a student visa. Applicants are required to provide the following documents to receive the student visa as a part of the visa process:
- Copy of your offer of enrollment paper.
- Copy of your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) paper.
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) payment.
- Passport and passport photographs.
- Medical clearance.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency.
Murdoch University Undergraduate Admissions
Murdoch University enrols 20,000+ students each year to the prospective applicants. The admission requirements and eligibility criteria for undergraduate courses are given below:
Where to apply: The students have to apply through the official website.
Application Fees: N/A
- Official University Transcripts
- Recommendation letters
- Copy of official passport
Murdoch University Graduate Admissions
Murdoch University offers 20+ graduate courses to prospective applicants including MBA and a Masters in Engineering. Students can apply via the respective school’s website. Each program’s requirements, deadlines and admission procedure differs from the other.
Where to Apply: Official Course Website
Application Fee: None
- Academic scores with Official transcripts
- A current resume/CV
- Certificate of Completion
- GRE/GMAT scores (optional)
To avoid last-minute confusions, students are recommended to submit their applications 6 months prior to the application submission. Admission decisions are released as and when the applications are reviewed, post submission.
Every year, there are maximum enrolments in almost all the programs that they offer, so it is advisable for the students to complete their admission process as soon as possible. If you have applied prior to the deadline, you are likely to receive the application status before the commencement of classes.
Unconditional offers are granted quickly to those applicants who have completed all the entry requirements and have desired grades. You can always track the progress of the application by visiting the university portal (MyAdmission) to know what the university has decided for you.