The Queensland University of Technology is one of the public research universities in Australia which was established in 1990. QUT ranks at 6th position amongst the best Australian universities and 36th in the world in Nursing, according to THE World University Rankings 2018 by subject.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers 100+ programs under 9 areas of study. Also, it offers around 80 double degree programs for international students.
- The students can choose to study which business program to go for among 45 business programs available.
- For Communication and media studies, the university ranks 1st in Australia and 24th in the world, in the QS World University Ranking by subject, 2017.
- The university has 2 campuses to accommodate all the programs they offer. Business, Law and Science and Engineering are taught at Garden Point Campus, and Creative Studies, education and health programs are taught in Kelvin Grove campus.
- The students, during their stay in Brisbane for their course duration, can choose between 4 distinct accommodations available:
- Purpose Built Student-Accommodation
- Agent Managed Share-House Accommodation
- Private share-house accommodation
Application Form: The students can fill the application form through the university website or through the authorized agent. Common requirements: Transcripts and work experience (3 years for MBA) The application fee: AUD 100 (both UG and PG) Additional requirements: Interview, 2 Referee forms, Statement of Purpose, Digital Portfolio (for M.Arch.) Intake Sessions – All programs – February and July; MBA – GMAT
Cost of Attendance
|Bachelor of Business||29,900 AUD|
|Master in Business||31,700 AUD|
|M. Arch.||31,500 AUD|
|B. Nursing||33,500 AUD|
|B. Laws (Honours)||29000 AUD|
|M. Laws||34,900 AUD|
|Double Degree||29,500 AUD|
|PhD||29,200 - 35400 AUD|
The international students are offered around 70 scholarships by QUT, depending upon their type of program. These scholarships offered can cover up to 25% - 50% of the tuition fees. Alumni benefits at QUT include free library membership, fitness services, discounts for health insurance, banking and other health facilities.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) offers admission to 117 bachelor degree programs and 40 Masters degree programs. According to 2018 statistics, Queensland University of Technology had an enrollment of 50,800 students, and 17.6 % of them were international students.
- The admission application procedure differs for international students and domestic students. It also varies according to the course for which the application is made.
- No application fee for domestic applicants. However, 100 AUD is charged as application fee from international applicants
- Some courses may fill up quickly or application windows can close early. Therefore, applicants are advised to apply to their desired courses as soon as possible.
- Applicants can attend QUT open days to explore and check-out facilities offered by the university. The upcoming open day will be hosted on 28 July 2019.
|Application Portal||UG: QTAC |
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||International:100 AUD|
Queensland University of Technology Admission Deadlines
The academic calendar consists of two semesters. Admission applicants are invited for each semester separately. Applicants need to meet certain dates for their application. The general deadline for application to undergraduate programs are as follows:
|Offer Round (Sem I)||Due Date|
|23 December 2019||Dec 6, 2019|
|15 January 2020||Dec 13, 2019|
|Offer Round (Sem II)||Due Date|
|21 May 2020||May 14, 2020|
|4 June 2020||May 28, 2020|
For postgraduate courses, applicants need to check specific course pages to see the closing dates of applications. The general application deadlines are-
- 30 January for a February start date
- 30 June for a July start date
Queensland University of Technology International Admissions
There has been a rising trend in international students’ enrollments at the Queensland University of Technology. It increased from an enrollment of 7000 in 2012 to 8358 international students enrolled at the university.
Where to Apply
International applicants can apply through two modes:
- Directly to QUT by sending the completed application form to [email protected]
- Through a QUT representative
A non-refundable fee of 100 AUD. Pay your application fee through QUTPay
Academic Entry Requirements
International applicants need to
- Academic transcripts and their certified English translations
- Formal identity papers such as passport, national identity card or student visa
- English language proficiency requirement
- Additional requirements of some courses such as referee reports, interviews, questionnaires, work experience, etc
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If the applicant’s previous studies were not completed in English or were completed in a country where English is not the first language, they need to demonstrate English language proficiency. This requirement is fulfilled by submitting English language proficiency test scores. The accepted English tests scores are tabulated below
English Language and Pathway Programs
- QUT’s English language programs help applicants to meet the English language requirements for their desired degree program and prepare for an IELTS test.
- The General English program helps to prepare for entry to QUT’s English for Academic Programs (EAP) programs. These develop the English language skills for social, cultural and personal purposes.
- The foundation's programs, diplomas, and University Certificate in Tertiary Preparation and postgraduate pathways help to meet the academic requirements for approved QUT degrees.
International applicants need Student Visa (subclass 500) to study in Australia. This is a temporary visa that allows students to study for up to 5 years. This visa allows students to travel in and out of Australia. The step by step visa application process is given below-
- UTS will send a Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) after accepting application. Applicants need CoE to apply for a student visa
- Apply for a visa at least 6 weeks before the start of the course.
- Submit country-specific documents. Browse document checklist tool to view the required documents
- Apply online for a visa
Note: Students under the age of 18 must satisfy extra requirements before a student visa can be granted to them.
Queensland University Undergraduate Admissions
Applicants must meet specific entry requirements to be considered for entry to each course. The general entry requirement for all courses are as follows:
- Completed Australian Year 12 or it's equivalent
- Entry based on Overall Position (OP) or selection rank
- Additional requirements could include - portfolio, interview, audition, etc
Applicants with low OP can improve their OP or selection rank with an adjustment scheme. One can apply for as many adjustments as per eligibility and can receive up to a maximum of 10 ranks (equivalent to 5 OP bands). The different types of adjustment schemes offered by QUT are as follows:
- Educational Access Scheme is available to QUT applicants who are recognized as having experienced educational disadvantage
- Elite athlete entry adjustment scheme is available to QUT applicants who are recognized, elite athletes
- Year 12 subject scheme is available to school leavers who have completed recognized subjects during their senior secondary studies.
Queensland University of Technology Graduate Admissions
Entry to postgraduate courses is based on merit. For some programs, applicants must submit their applications to QTAC and for other courses, the applications are through their course pages. The detailed requirements of the three courses are given below:
|Requirements||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Master of Information Technology||Master of Data Analytics|
|Campus||Gardens Point||Gardens Point||Gardens Point|
|Entry||March and September||February and July||February and July|
|GPA||Minimum 4.5 on 7 point scale||Minimum 4.0 on 7 point scale||Minimum 4.0 on 7 point scale|
|GMAT||At least 550||Not Required||Not Required|
|Referee Reports||2 Referee Reports||Not Required||Not Required|
|Interview||Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Work Experience||3 years||Not Required||Not Required|
|English language proficiency||CAE - 176; IELTS - 6.5; TOEFL iBT - 79 (Anyone)||CAE - 176; IELTS - 6.5; TOEFL iBT - 79 (Anyone)||CAE - 176; IELTS - 6.5; TOEFL iBT - 79 (Anyone)|
Admission to QUT is determined on the basis of merit and perceived probability of academic success with special provisions made for underrepresented community groups. Applicants who are not satisfied with the admission decision may seek a review. The review must be sought to the Director, Student Business Services within 10 working days from the day they received the admission decision. Written notification of the review outcome will be provided, usually within 15 days of the lodgement of the review request.