SAE Institute has been providing creative media education since its inception in 1976. The institute offers various courses in media education, which includes certificates, diplomas, bachelor degrees and postgraduate programs across six disciplines.
SAE Australia is a Commonwealth of Australia Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA ) registered Higher Education Provider and all its higher education courses have received accreditation by TEQSA. Also, Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs of SAE are regulated by the Commonwealth of Australia Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
|No. of Campuses||Six|
|Admission Helpline||Telephone: + +61 (07) 3850 2000|
|Mode of Program||Full time/Online|
SAE Institute Campus, Programs and Residence
- SAE offers media-related courses to more than 3000 students through 6 different campuses located in Brisbane, Byron Bay, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Perth.
- One of the campuses, SAE Brisbane campus is an architecturally designed and award-winning building, which is located in the city’s West End.
- Students can choose programs across six disciplines including Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, and Web & Mobile.
- Some of the famous courses in Animation include Bachelor in Animation, Associate Degree in Animation and Diploma in Animation.
- Besides, SAE Institute also offers postgraduate courses through the online learning portal.
- Students have the option to enroll in either part-time or full-time study loads based on their interests.
- The international students coming to Australia have to arrange for their own accommodation before they arrive in Australia.
- There are many student accommodation options in Brisbane that differ by price, location, and facilities.
- Students can refer to various different websites to get student accommodation in Brisbane.
SAE Institute Application Process
Application Portal: International students can complete their application online and submit it with the required documents. All the international students will be admitted in accordance with Government and SAE’s policies.
Intake Season: The domestic and international students who want to apply for the May or September intakes, to a Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree or Diploma, at the Melbourne Campus, can directly apply at SAE. SAE has three intakes each year including February, June, and September.
Admission Requirements: Original academic transcripts/mark sheets, official program completion certificate/Degree/Diploma, IELTS scores.
Additional requirements: Passport issued by official authorities, Birth certificate, valid student Visa, signed a confidential statement of finances
SAE Institute Cost of Attendance
International students need to pay the following fees while studying at college.
|Program||Fees (in AUD)|
|Diploma (2 trimesters)||$25,536|
|Associate Degree (4 trimesters)||$46,848|
|Bachelor Degree (6 trimesters)||$68,160|
SAE Institute of Financial Aid
SAE Institute does not offer scholarships to international students. Some of the scholarships available for domestic students are:
- Creative Media Scholarship
- Creative Indigenous Scholarship
- Bronwyn Harrison Scholarship
- Creative Media Partial Scholarship
- Master of Creative Media Scholarship
SAE Institute Alumni
Some of the alumni of SAE Institute include:
- Stefano Deflorio- Game Developer at SMG Studio
- Nathaniel Jacobs- In-house Engineer at Alchemix Recording Studios
- Stephen Rumph- Tech Officer/Freelancer with Sonic Bakery
- Benjamin Lister- Freelance Cinematographer/ Technical Officer
SAE Alumni is a network of SAE graduates and all the ex-students get an opportunity to join the global Alumni Association as well as the Australia & New Zealand Alumni Association
SAE institute educates more than 3000 students across its six campuses in Australia. It offers accredited certificate, diploma, and bachelor programs in six disciplines: Audio, Film, Animation, Games, Business, and Web and Mobile, and Media and Comms.
Admissions at the SAE Institute take place three times a year. International students are welcome to apply for all three intake sessions. Candidates must apply online for admission through QTAC
- The academic calendar of the institute is semester-based.
- Financial aid at the institute is offered in the terms of scholarships
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Mode of Payment||Online and Offline (Cheque or Money Order)|
|Intake Sessions||February, May-June, September|
|Work Experience||As per the requirement of the program|
|E-Mail Address||[email protected]|
SAE institute Admission Deadlines
Applicants must submit applications for admission to the course on or before the deadline. The institute’s priority application deadline is mentioned below. Admissions are accepted three times a year. The deadlines are given below:
SAE Institute International Student Admissions
International applicants seeking admission at SAE Institute must complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education equivalent qualification. Applicants have required to email a copy of all the education records along with the application form.
The international admission team of the institute reviews the applications. Candidates are given admission on an Experience basis as well. For experience-based entry, candidates could be asked to undertake a written exam or assignment.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Official academic transcripts
- If the transcript is not in English submit certified or notarized English translation
- Evidence of informal education
- Proof of work history (if applicable)
- A resume or CV
- A portfolio
Email Admission: [email protected]
English Proficiency Test for International Students
International applicants belonging to non-English speaking countries are required to submit proof fluency in the English language. The institute accepts TOEFL, PTE, and IELTS scores for the same. The minimum score requirement for each proficiency test is mentioned in the following table:
|Tests||Scores (Diploma)||Minimum Score (Bachelor)|
Visa Process for International Students
Candidates must apply for Student Visa Subclass 500 online via the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) website. Once the student receives the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment from the institute, they must pay the minimum deposit and then apply for visa application. Students are advised to apply for a visa as soon as they receive the enrolment confirmation.
- Valid passport
- ID Proof or Birth Certificate
- Health Insurance
- Evidence of Confirmation of enrolment
- Parental consent- Form 1229 (for students under 18 years)
Visa Deposit: 421 USD
SAE Institute Undergraduate Admissions
Students applying for undergraduate admission must complete the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or equivalent or Diploma level qualification. Some of the UG degree programs available at SAE Institute are:
- Bachelor of Film Studies
- Bachelor of Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Animation
- Bachelor of Game Development
Apart from degree programs, the institute offers several short-term and degree programs as well. The application process and guidelines are similar for all types of programs. Students must go through the guidelines given below:
Where to Apply: Online Application
Application Fee: N/A
- Official transcripts
Admissions here are given on an academic basis and an experience basis as well. Candidates applying for Experience-based entry are required to appear in an interview round with an assigned representative of SAE.