SASTRA UNIVERSITY Colleges1 year ago - PARAMEDICAL - Thanjavur - 534 views
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, popularly known as SASTRA University, is a deemed to be university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram. The university has a good placement for IT students with the highest salary package of INR 28 LPA in top recruiting companies like Microsoft, IBM, and TCS. As per the recent placements, Amazon recruited students with the highest salary package of INR 28 LPA and the average package that students got was INR 9.3 LPA. The lowest salary package offered to students was INR 3.8 LPA.
The university offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral degrees in various specializations. Admission to these courses is via JEE Main, CLAT, or GATE examination. There are also some courses where admission to students is given on the basis of merits obtained in the qualifying exams.
SASTRA University Highlights
|Establishment | Type||1984 | Deemed to be University|
|Approved by||NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council)|
|Courses offered | Type||UG, PG, and Doctoral | IT, Law, Education, Science|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Accepted test scores||JEE Main, GATE, and CLAT|
|Campus area||30,00,000 square feet|
|Application mode | Fee||Online (Pen and paper-based) | INR 650/ INR 350|
|Top recruiters||Microsoft, IBM, and TCS|
|Location||Tirumalaisamudram Thanjavur Tamil Nadu|
|Official website | Contact||https://www.sastra.edu/ | +91 4362 264101|
SASTRA University Rankings
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA University) is ranked in many categories by the popular ranking bodies like QS ranking. NIRF, World University Rankings, etc. Here are some recent rankings of the SASTRA University:
- SASTRA University is one of the institutions from India to feature in the Times Higher Education Ranking 2018 by the World University Rankings.
- Ranked among the top 350 Asian Universities by the World University Rankings.
- Ranked among BRICS Top 300 Universities in Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa by the QS University Rankings.
- Ranked among the Top 400 Asian Universities in QS Asia Ranking 2018.
SASTRA University Courses
SASTRA University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Science, Engineering, Management, Education, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programs. Below are the details of all the major courses offered at the university:
|B.Com||Specializations: Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance, Computer Applications.|
|B.Ed||Subjects: English, Mathematics, and Physics.|
|B.Sc||Subjects: Mathematics and Physics.|
|B.Tech||Specializations: Aerospace, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Information & Communication, IT, Mechanical, and Mechatronics.|
|Law||Courses: BA, LLB, B.Com, BBA, and LLB (Hons.)|
|M.Tech||Specializations: Advanced, Automobile, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemical, Communication Systems, Construction Engineering & Management, Instrumentation & Control, Medical Nanotechnology, Power Systems, and Structural.|
|M.Tech||Specializations: Advanced, Automobile, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemical, Communication Systems, Construction Engineering & Management, Instrumentation & Control, Medical Nanotechnology, Power Systems, Structural, Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Material Science and Technology, Robotics, Thermal, etc.|
|M.Sc||Specializations: Biotechnology, Chemistry, Molecular Genetics, and Physics.|
In addition, the university also offers Master of Computer Application (MCA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) under Postgraduate degree.
Streams: Arts, Science, Engineering, Management & Law.
Type: Full-time & Part-time.
SASTRA University Admission
SASTRA University UG Admission
- Applicants wishing to apply for UG courses should have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- The application form is available on the official website of the university. The eligible applicants are required to download the form and fill it along with all the required documents and send it to the prescribed address.
- The selection is made on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination.
- For admission to the B.Tech program, the university accepts a valid score of the JEE Main Exam.
- For admission to Law courses, applicants must qualify CLAT Exam with a valid score.
SASTRA University PG Admission
- Applicants with a graduate degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks from a well-recognized university or institute are eligible to apply for PG courses.
- Admission to PG courses is based on marks obtained in the last qualifying degree.
- Applicants are shortlisted on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exams.
- For M.Tech admissions, applicants must qualify the GATE Exam with a valid score.
SASTRA University Ph.D. Admission
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at SASTRA University is a PG degree in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks.
- The admission criteria are the same as for UG, and PG courses are the merit of the last qualifying examination.