The Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) of Kashmir is among the best agricultural universities in the country. The university offers numerous courses in various disciplines of agricultural science such as Agronomy, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Seed Science & technology, etc. Admission to the courses is entrance-based. Interested students are required to apply online by paying the required application fee. Also, there are many scholarships for students such as Merit Scholarship, Student Welfare Fund, Post Matric Scholarship, etc.
|Established | Type||1982 | State|
|Approved By||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and the University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Accepted Entrance score||SKUAST entrance test and ICAR-AIEEA|
|Popular courses||BSc (Hons) Agriculture and B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology|
|Top Recruiters||IFFCO, Bank of India, NBHC, Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited, Team Lease|
|Facilities available||Library, Wi-Fi, laboratories, playgrounds for cricket, football and volleyball, gym|
|Official website||http://www.skuastkashmir.ac.in/ | 194-2461258|
- SKUAST was ranked 13th among State Agricultural Universities in 2018 by the National Accreditation Board of ICAR.
- In the year 2017, SKUAST managed to bag the 27th position in the rank list.
The University offers quality courses in different branches of study like horticulture, agriculture, veterinary, forestry, home science, environmental sciences, and other allied sciences. It undertakes strategic and applied and applied research methods. Given below are the courses offered by the University:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Ph.D. Courses|
|B.V.Sc. and A.H||M.Tech||Veterinary Sciences|
Candidates applying to the academic programs must satisfy the eligibility criteria for the course they wish to apply for. The eligibility criteria as per the university are given below:
- UG Courses Eligibility – Intermediate graduation with PCB/ PCM and English with at least 50% marks and 40% for reserved categories
- PG Courses Eligibility – Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject with 60% marks in the aggregate.
- Ph.D. Courses Eligibility – Master's degree in the relevant subject with 65% marks from a recognized university
In order to look after the needy students, the University has several scholarship programs to offer. Given below are the details for the same:
- Merit Scholarship
- Student Welfare Fund
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Frontier Scholarship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship