Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute is an off-campus constituent college of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Puducherry focusing exclusively on patient care and health education. The College is recognized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Medical Council of India. It is in full compliance with all central, state and regulatory bodies and statutory regulations.
The students should opt for Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute (SSSMCRI), as it provides a unique learning opportunity for the students to excel in their career and become a professional expert. This is primarily because of the wide range of facilities and student welfare measures provided within the campus of SSSMCRI and the massive gains which the college has made in the very brief duration of just a decade since its inception in 2009. These include:
- Developed on the lines of PURA (Provision of Urban Amenities in Rural Areas)
- Surrounded by more than 75 villages and being the only tertiary care institute for imparting patient care
- Highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty
- Unique opportunities for research through collaboration with various research organizations of international repute
- Collaborations with national and international agencies
- Accredited with NAAC grade A at the first cycle
- SSSMCRI provides health education through a range of innovative and traditional teaching methods. The students will have access to teaching with a strong scientific emphasis throughout the teaching program. Consequently, they will be guided to develop skills in research techniques and methodology and the ability to apply for evidence-based medicine in practice.
- With SSSMCRI you get all in one place; innovative teaching methods, world-class infrastructure, experienced faculty, extensive resources, research projects, etc., SSSMCRI offers courses in both the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Allied Health Sciences. All the Programs and teaching methods are in world-class standards.
- Adoption of innovations in medical education like Problem Oriented Learning, Integrated Teaching, Skills curriculum, Use of e-learning tools
- First University to offer Competency Based Medical Education for all postgraduate students
- Learning Management Systems for the Undergraduate students
- Use of e-portfolios for documenting their learning
- Student Welfare measures and exclusive measures to ensure their safety