TAFE NSW, SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Colleges1 year ago - DESIGN - Sydney - 296 views
TAFE NSW, Sydney was established in the year 1891. In 2017, TAFE NSW has been structured into a centralized model bringing together 130 campuses across Australia. At present, TAFE NSW offers more than 1200 courses ranging from certificate to degree level, to over 500,000 students. Courses are provided through full-time or part-time study as well as fully online or face-to-face mode.
Why choose TAFE NSW?
In 2018 TAFE NSW, their students, as well as staff, have achieved over 70 external awards. A few mentionable awards are-
- Australian large training provider of the year
- NSW large training provider of the year
- Australian apprentice of the year
- Australian vocational student of the year, and a lot more.
- TAFE NSW, Sydney has a strong partnership with industry and business leaders.
- TAFE NSW, Sydney has a team of highly experienced teachers with active industry networks that help all their students get the highest level of practical training.
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Intake Session||February and July|
|Number of Courses||12,000+|
|Tuition fees for Vocational Courses||4,210 to 15,340 AUD|
|Tuition fees for Degree Courses||6,540 to 10,600 AUD|
|Payment Option||BPAY/Credit Card/Cheque/Bank draft/Money Order|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE|
Campus and Residence Facilities
- TAFE NSW has 130 study locations across the state of New South Wales with modern campuses and state-of-the-art facilities. TAFE NSW, Sydney is one of the campuses.
- Each campus also provides several services and supports including- student association membership, libraries, tutorials, childcare facilities, career advice, counseling, cafes, etc.
- TAFE NSW, Sydney does not have any on-campus residents. However, TAFE NSW International Service helps students to find suitable accommodation while studying in Australia.
- Homestay- This is a short-term homestay accommodation (minimum of 4 weeks stay).
- Renting- Students can find an unfurnished house/apartment on a sharing basis.
- TAFE NSW offers an extensive range of 12,000 courses and qualifications. Their vocational courses include Short courses, Certification courses, Degree, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma level programs.
- There are 500 short courses in areas related to business, hospitality, health, and design.
- TAFE NSW offers bachelor degrees in Business, Community services, Applied Commerce, 3D Art & Animation, etc.
- Certified copy of the current Passport
- Certified copy of Academic transcripts/certificates.
- Portfolio/Essay based on course entry requirements (if applicable)
- Documents must be submitted with an English translation if they are not in English.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) membership card (if any)
- Financial/sponsorship documents
- English Language Test results (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) for international students. TAFE NSW accepts a wide range of English proficiency tests. The minimum required score is mentioned below:
|Tests||Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma||Associate and Bachelor Degree|
*Some Certificate/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma courses may require a higher level score.
How, When, and Where to Apply?
International students must submit their application with the help of a TAFE NSW Education Agent. There are two intake session - February and July. International students can use one of the two options for submitting their TAFE NSW International Application form:
- Email: The agent can scan and email the Application form and supporting documents to [email protected]
Costs and Expenditure
International students will have to make sure they have sufficient funds to support their studies at TAFE NSW. The tuition fee and other expenditures are mentioned in the tables below. All international students will also have to pay the registration fee of 100 AUD.
|Vocational||4,210 to 15,340 AUD|
|Degree||6,540 - 10,600 AUD|
|Accommodation placement fee||300 AUD|
|Home-stay fee||310 AUD/week|
|Uniforms, equipment, textbooks||300-2,500 AUD/course|
|Health Insurance||600 AUD/Year|
TAFE NSW through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia offers Australia Awards Scholarships to provide financial support for international students from specific countries to study in Australia.
How to Apply: Students should register via the Online Australia Scholarship Information System (OASIS). Students can also apply through the mail.
Opening and Closing Date: Students should check the opening and closing date of the application for their respective countries on the official page.
Founded in 1833, TAFE New South Wales is one of the leading vocational and training institutions in Australia. Today, the institution offers 1200+ programs, ranging from certificate to degree level. Programs are available at more than 130+ study locations.
Apart from on-campus programs, the institution also offers online programs. The application process at TAFE NSW can be completed in both online and offline mode. The institute has a customer service center that assists the applicants in their pre and post-admission process.
- The application processing fee at TAFE is 68 USD.
- Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships, loans, and grants.
|Application Portal||Online Application/ PDF form|
|Application Fee||68 USD|
|Admission Helpline||call 131 601 Or tafensw.custhelp.com/app/contact-us/enquire|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, and grants|
TAFE NSW Admission Deadlines
The courses provided by TAFE New South Wales have a semester-based system. There are no application deadlines provided by the institution. However, all students, especially international students are advised to complete their application process as early as possible.
TAFE NSW International Admissions
International students can only enroll for full-time programs where there is a minimum of 20 hours of course contact hours scheduled. To ensure a smooth application process, the International Student Support Officers are there to assist the international students.
Application Process for International Students
- Choose a course and location
- Download and complete the PDF application form
- Prepare the documents and submit the application form
- Receive confirmation of offer letter
- Apply for the Australian student visa and enroll at TAFE NSW
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Personal details and identification page of the passport
- Academic transcripts from all the previous institutions
- English proficiency test score
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) membership card
- Financial statement/ sponsorship letter
English Language Requirements for International Students
For those applicants whose native language is not English, they have to submit their English language proficiency test scores. The minimum score requirement varies from program to program. The minimum requirements based on the course are provided below:
|Test Name||Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Courses||Associate and Bachelor Degree Courses|
|IELTS||5.5||6.5 with a minimum level of 6.0 in all bands|
|Academic PTE||42||58, with a minimum of 50 in each component|
|TOEFL (Ibt)||46||79, with a minimum of; Reading:19,|
Speaking: 20, Writing: 20
Visa Process for International Students
For all International students, the Australian visa process can be a taxing procedure. The following steps can help with the same.
- Submit all the documents as provided by the Department of Home Affairs
- Submit details as per provided in the Passport of Home Country.
- Enter all educational details and answer the necessary questions
- Submit all quired documents in a certified true copy
TAFE NSW Certificate, Diploma, and Degree Admissions
There are over 1,200 programs available at TAFE NSW. Students have a choice of qualifications, duration, industry areas, and learning styles. Admission guidelines are similar for all the type of programs. Apart from that, the academic requirement slightly varies for a different type of programs:
|Type of Program||Academic Requirement|
|Certificate Courses||Australian Year 10/ Year 12|
|Diploma, Advanced Diploma & TAFE NSW to University pathways||Australian Year 12; (AQF) Certificate 3 or|
Certificate 4 qualification
|Bachelor Degree Courses||Australian Year 12 OR (AQF) Certificate 4 qualification|
Country-Specific Equivalent Academic Requirements are mentioned in the following table:
|Country||VET (Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma)||Higher Education (Bachelor and Associate Degree)|
|India||Year 12 in one of the following: CBSE/ISC Certificate with an average of 55% OR|
State Board Certificate with an average of 60%
|Year 12 in one of the following: CBSE/ISC Certificate with an average of 65% OR|
State Board Certificate with an average of 70%
|Bangladesh||Minimum CGPA is 3.5 or 60% in HSC/First Division pass||Minimum CGPA of 4.5 or 70% in HSC|
|China||Completion of the Senior Middle 3 with 60% average in 3 years||Successful completion of High School Certificate of Graduation (Gao San) with 70% average|
|Japan||Lower Secondary School Certificate of Graduation (Chugakko);|
completion of at least 1 year of Kotogakko
|Upper Secondary School Certificate of Graduation (Kotogakko)|
The institution is known for its high-quality education and for being the largest vocational education and training provider in Australia. Today, the institution enrolls more than 500,000 students including over 3,000 international students each year. The class sizes are small ensuring that the students receive close attention from the highly qualified faculties.