TAFE Queensland is the education branch, the parent body of TAFE (Technical and Further Education). The college was established in 1882 and has provided vocational training and education (VET) to millions of students. Located in Queensland, Australian state that has a coastline stretching up to 7,000 Kms, the college has 180 programs across 15 different subjects.
TAFE has 50 campus locations across the state. It enjoys a student satisfaction rating of 87%. More than 85% of students graduating from TAFE get good jobs immediately. Every $1 spent by TAFE adds up to prosper Queensland economy as per KPMG reports. It is the largest and the most experienced institute in the area. The building and the institute stand tall on that land for over 135 years now.
|Type of College||Technical and Further Education|
|No. of Campuses||50|
|No. of Programs Offered||Over 180|
|Percentage of International students||33%|
TAFE Queensland Campus and Residence
Following are the campuses of TAFE Queensland:
- Far North Queensland: The campus provides these particular courses: automotive, beauty and hairdressing, building and construction, business, childcare, community, visual arts, etc.
- North Queensland: It spans from Ingham in the North to the Whitsundays. It provides all the same courses as Far North Queensland.
- Wide Bay Burnett: In the area, it stretches from Bundaberg to Kingaroy. The campus offers additional diploma courses in retail, sports, and fitness.
- Sunshine Coast: The college region spans over 60 Kms along the Pristine coastline. In addition to Wide Bay Burnett courses, it offers courses in Photography, tourism, and events.
- Gold Coast: The campus provides all the courses available at TAFE Queensland. It is located in the second-largest city in Queensland.
The college does not have any on-campus residence for students, but it does assist students coming from far to find accommodation that fits into their budgets.
TAFE Queensland Programs
TAFE Queensland provides different mediums of learning, such as - Online courses, schools, Locational Campuses, and Apprenticeships.
- TAFE Queensland offers a total of 180 courses across 15 different fields of study. These are one year level diplomas.
- Some of them are just Vocational training, and some have the potential to be extended into a Bachelor’s degree.
- The college is most famous for its Vocational Education and Training.
Application Portal: A student can apply in two ways, either from the TAFE website portal or from QTAC applications.
Application Fee: There is no application fee to apply for any course at TAFE Queensland. The application process for all students is free.
TAFE Queensland Admission Requirements:
- A student applying for Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma or advanced diploma must have a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 with no score less than 5.0.
- A student applying for the Undergraduate program must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0.
- Subject and Course specific prerequisites must be confirmed from the website or by contacting the college.
- Students are also requested to submit a portfolio or an audition entry for some of the creative courses available.
- A minimum level of previous education standard 10th and 11th for most of the foundation skill courses.Standard 12th for diploma or higher level of courses.
- The minimum age requirement is 18, a younger student must meet other requirements to be posed by the institution.
TAFE Queensland Cost of Attendance
Cost of attendance for TAFE Queensland is provided below:
|Expense||Cost (in CAD)|
|Basic Tuition Fee Range||$8,883 - $169,806|
|Vocational Course Average tuition fee||$12,290|
|Overall Cost of Living||$18,035|
TAFE Queensland Scholarships/Financial Aids
- TAFE Queensland Scholarships: This scholarship program provides aid to students on two bases: Merit and Equity. Students who demonstrate excellent academic and learning skills are eligible to apply for the Merit Scholarship. The students who do not have enough resources to support themselves and deserve a fair chance to study at TAFE can apply for the Equity Scholarship.
- TAFE Queensland Indigenous Pathways Scholarship: Advanced Queensland has taken the initiative to promote education amongst the indigenous students and build pathways to learning for them. They provide a scholarship of 5000$ each to students who want to pursue a career in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Maths).
- Certificate III guarantee: The endowment supports the students qualified for a Certificate III post-school qualification. Those who are eligible for the grant can use it to get their training for a lower price.
Note: If students are eligible for subsidized training, then they may want to look into concessions provided by the government.
TAFE Queensland Work-Study Program
- Apprenticeships and traineeships: Students can complete study through hands-on learning, that requires to work while they learn. This method helps a student to earn money while they are studying the subject of their choice. As an apprentice or trainee, study and course completion will include completing a job in the industry of student’s choice.
- Work-based learning: TAFE Queensland allows students to continue working in one place and pursue a course simultaneously. A student is required to work under supervision. They will be asked to work on specific projects, as a part of their course completion.