Tamil Nadu Open University Colleges1 year ago - PARAMEDICAL - Chennai - 332 views
Established by the government of Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is for open and distance learning courses. The University was established by the Legislative Assembly of the Government of Tamil Nadu in Act 27 of 2002.
The aim of Tamil Nadu Open University is to provide access to higher education and benefit those who have not been able to access it in the past, especially destitute, physically challenged, working men and women, economically weaker sections of the society, and those who discontinued education for various reasons. The University is one of the five among the 15 Open Universities in the country, to have been accorded the 12B of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
TNOU has 218 programmes of study across various disciplines and skills at different levels from certificate to postgraduate that are imparted through 13 academic schools, 5 support divisions, 1 media centre and a robust network of 515 learner support and service centres across the state.
The Tamil Nadu Open University is the first University in the state to have introduced the credit-based self-learning materials in print. The Programmes conducted by the Tamil Nadu Open University have been recognised by the following statutory authorities as listed below:
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Distance Education Council (DEC)
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
TNOU offers undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma, PG diploma, vocational diploma in various specialisations.
Tamil Nadu Open University Highlights
|Year of Establishment||1955|
|Campus||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Recognised by||UGC, DEC, NCTE and RCI|
|Modes of education||Full-time|
|Total no. of students||38,000|
|Number of courses offered||218 courses across 14 streams|
|Scholarship||Merit- based and various others|
Tamil Nadu Open University Admission Process
Tamil Nadu Open admission process is online. Few more highlights of Tamil Nadu Open University admission process are listed as below:
- Tamil Nadu Open University admission to BA, BCom, BSc, BCA and BBA courses must have passed Class 12 from a recognised board
- Candidates seeking admission to postgraduate courses such as MA, MCom, MSc must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised University
Tamil Nadu Open University has few mandatory steps for online admission as listed below:
- Candidates must log-in to the official website and register online with a valid E-mail ID and a mobile number
- Application fee can be paid using a credit / debit card or internet banking