Established in 1989, The University of Notre Dame is a private Catholic University with its three campuses located in Fremantle, Broome and Sydney, Australia. The university has a total enrollment of over 12,000 students and offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. The University of Notre Dame is a dual registered University, offering VET qualifications at Broome campus. It also has its own three research institutes located across the campuses, The Institute of Health Research in Fremantle campus, Nulungu Research Institute in Broome Campus and The Institute for Ethics and Society located in Sydney campus.
Rankings & Awards
- In The Federal Government’s ‘Employer Satisfaction Survey’ (2018), Notre Dame was ranked 2nd in Australia with an employer satisfaction rating of 89.1%, well above the national average of 83.6%.
- In the Good Universities Guide 2018, Notre Dame received eight, five-star ratings of excellence in the categories of the overall experience, Teaching Quality, Graduate Employment, Student Retention and Skills Development. Notre Dame is the only university to have received five-star ratings for 12 consecutive years
|Number of Campuses||3|
|Total Number of Students||12,394|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research|
|Accommodation||Available at Fremantle Campus|
|Application Portal||Online/ Offline|
|English Proficiency Tests||IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE|
|Scholarships||Available for International Students|
University of Notre Dame Programs, Campus and Residence
The Sydney and Fremantle campuses are home to seven and nine schools respectively offering a wide range of study programs to international students. The programs are offered in fields like Arts & Sciences, Business, Law, Philosophy & Theology, Education, Health Sciences, Nursing & Midwifery and Medicine.
Notre Dame is a leading Australian university, spreads across three campuses in Broome, Fremantle and Sydney. Established in 1989, the Fremantle campus is the foundation site of the university, located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. The Broome Campus was founded in 1994 and is located in the heart of Australia’s iconic Kimberley region.
Notre Dame’s third campus in Sydney is based across two sites – Broadway and Darlinghurst. The Broadway site is located at the heart of Sydney’s university district, a short walk from Central train station, close to the inner-city precincts of Newtown, Camperdown and Surry Hills and also near the city’s lively Chinatown district. The Darlinghurst site is nestled in Sydney’s famous shopping district – showcasing the world’s leading fashion brands and cafés that set the benchmark for Australia’s legendary café culture.
At Fremantle campus, on-campus accommodation is available for international students. The Residential Halls located on-Campus are as follows:
- Port Lodge, 28 Marine Terrace, Fremantle
- P&O Hotel, 25 High Street, Fremantle
- Cleopatra Hotel, 24 High Street, Fremantle
The Sydney campus of the University of Notre Dame offers a large number of choices in terms of off-campus accommodation. International students can rent furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished houses and apartments. Renting such properties usually consists of a shared bathroom and communal areas of the house, with a separate bedroom and study area.
University of Notre Dame Australia Admission Process
- Admission Requirements
- Certified copies of academic record
- Certified copies of proof of English Language Proficiency
- Certified copy of proof of residency/ citizenship
- Evidence of the ability to pay tuition fees and living expenses while in Australia
- Personal Statement (For Undergraduate Programs)
- Updated CV/ Resume
- Research Proposal (For Graduate Programs only)
- Certified copy of a valid Australian visa
- English Proficiency Requirements
University of Notre Dame’s tuition fees depends upon a student’s choice of study. An average full-time study consists of eight courses per year, or four courses per semester with some Schools requiring completion of more courses as the standard full-time load.
|Business/Law/ Counselling||Accounting, Business, Administration, Commerce,|
Human Resource Management, Marketing & Public Relations, Law, Counselling
|$29,900 - $30,700||$33,800 - $34,800|
|Education||Early Childhood Education & Care (0-8 years), Primary, Secondary||$30,880||$33,250|
|Health Sciences||Exercise & Sport Science, Preventive Health, Outdoor Recreation||$32,500||$35,800|
|Humanities||Arts, Behavioural Science, Communications & Media, Philosophy & Theology||$28,600||$30,500|
|Science||Science, Biomedical Science||$37,072||$42,633|
Note:- On average, an international student needs around $20,000-$25,000 per year for all living expenses. Living expenses include food, transport, entertainment, books, and clothing.
The University of Notre Dame Australia offers its international students an affordable, private Catholic education. There are various kinds of scholarships that international students can avail
- International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship:- The University of Notre Dame Australia offers several International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarships to provide tuition assistance to high-potential international students enrolling in undergraduate programs. The value of the scholarship is 20% of annual tuition fees for up to a maximum of the approved standard course duration.
- The Bupa International Student Award:- The University offers this award worth $1,000 as an encouragement for international students to be involved in the life and culture of the community. Eligible international students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate award course at the University.
- International Early Offer Scholarships:- The International Early Offer Scholarships are offered to provide tuition assistance to high achieving international students enrolling in undergraduate programs. The value of the Scholarship is 25% of annual tuition fees for up to a maximum of one year or two consecutive semesters.
The University of Notre Dame offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in over 8 areas of study including arts and sciences, business, education, health sciences, law, etc.
Admissions at the University of Notre Dame take place during February and September. All the applicants are advised to adhere to the admission deadlines set by the university. Both UG and PG students are being asked to directly either through the online application or mail. International applicants are recommended to apply using the online application mode only.
- UG admission requirements are country-specific. Applicants must check the requirements before starting their applications.
- The university does not charges any application processing fee.
- Financial aid is offered in the form of scholarships and work-study.
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application Fee||No application fee|
|Intake months||February and September|
|Work Experience||Considered during admission|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Work-study|
The University of Notre Dame Admission Deadlines
The university has issued specific admission deadlines for each semester. To be considered for admission, applicants are required to apply before these deadlines.
The admission deadlines for UG and PG programs are given below:
|Semester 1||Sep 27, 2019|
|Semester 2||May 30, 2020|
|Semester 1||Nov 22, 2019|
|Semester 2||May 30, 2020|
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants are to submit proof of their English language proficiency. This can be in the form of the results of IELTS, CAE/CPE, PTE Academic and TOEFL(iBT). Applicants must remember that all these tests are accepted and should be completed within two years before the application. Minimum Score requirements are given in the table below:
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required|
|IELTS Academic||Overall aggregate 6.5 (6.0 in each component)|
|CAE or CPE||Overall aggregate 176 (no band score lower than 169)|
|PTE Academic||Overall 58 (50 in all individual bands)|
|TOEFL(iBT)||Overall 84 (21 in writing and no other band score less than 17)|
Notre dam University, Australia Undergraduate Admissions
The University offers more than 100 undergraduate programs in over 8 disciplines. The admission requirements for all disciplines are country-specific.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: Free
Admission Requirements: Applicants can check the admission requirements of a few countries in the table below:
|Country||Minimum Educational Qualification||Tier -1 Course (Arts & Sciences, Business, Health Sciences, Nursing and Education)||Tier-2 Courses (Education – Secondary and double degrees)||Tier-3 Courses (Law and Physiotherapy)|
|Pan India Senior Certificate||65% in the best 4 subjects||-||-|
|Indian School Certificate||65% in the best 5 graded subjects||75% in the best 5 graded subjects||80% in the best 5 graded subjects|
|Indonesia||Graduation Certificate of Secondary School Certificate||80% overall||-||-|
|Completion Certificate of Secondary School||80% overall||-||-|
|Malaysia||Malaysia High School Certificate||At least 6 points taken from the best 2/3 subjects or higher||At least 9 points taken from the best 2/3 subjects or higher||At least 12 points taken from the best 2/3 subjects or higher|
|Unified Education Certificate||average of B4 from the best 5 subjects||average of B3 from the best 5 subjects||average of A2 from the best 5 subjects|
Supporting Documents: transcripts, mark sheets, LORs, SOPs and ELP scores.
The University of Notre Dame, Australia Graduate Admissions
The University of Notre Dame offers more than 50 postgraduate taught, research and certificate programs. The admission process and guidelines are similar for a majority of the programs.
Some of the popular programs offered by the university are Master of Business, Graduate Certificate in Marketing, Master of Architecture, and Master of teaching.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: Free
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience.
- Letters of recommendation
- Copies of official transcripts and other academic records
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- English proficiency test scores
Visa Process for International Students
- International students, after the completion of their admission procedure, will receive an eCOE (electronic confirmation of Enrolment) from the University.
- This is a valuable document for applying for a student visa.
- Commonly required documents include:
- A valid proof of identification and citizenship of the home country.
- Police certificates
- The Visa process may include an interview, providing additional information. Biometric information may also be collected.
- The document requirements vary from country to country. Hence, the students are advised to contact the home affairs departments and get complete information regarding this.
The University considers broader criteria for admission into its courses and an exclusive interview with the pupil will be conducted to make sure the students get into the right course. With the right qualifications and/or work experience, along with special abilities or talents, entry into the University of Notre Dame is not very challenging.