THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME Colleges1 year ago - MEDICAL - Fremantle - 99 views
Established in 1989, The University of Notre Dame is a private Catholic University with its three campuses located in Fremantle, Broome and Sydney, Australia. The university has a total enrollment of over 12,000 students and offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. The University of Notre Dame is a dual registered University, offering VET qualifications at Broome campus. It also has its own three research institutes located across the campuses, The Institute of Health Research in Fremantle campus, Nulungu Research Institute in Broome Campus and The Institute for Ethics and Society located in Sydney campus.
Rankings & Awards
- In The Federal Government’s ‘Employer Satisfaction Survey’ (2018), Notre Dame was ranked 2nd in Australia with an employer satisfaction rating of 89.1%, well above the national average of 83.6%.
- In the Good Universities Guide 2018, Notre Dame received eight, five-star ratings of excellence in the categories of the overall experience, Teaching Quality, Graduate Employment, Student Retention and Skills Development. Notre Dame is the only university to have received five-star ratings for 12 consecutive years
|Number of Campuses||3|
|Total Number of Students||12,394|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research|
|Accommodation||Available at Fremantle Campus|
|Application Portal||Online/ Offline|
|English Proficiency Tests||IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE|
|Scholarships||Available for International Students|
University of Notre Dame Programs, Campus and Residence
The Sydney and Fremantle campuses are home to seven and nine schools respectively offering a wide range of study programs to international students. The programs are offered in fields like Arts & Sciences, Business, Law, Philosophy & Theology, Education, Health Sciences, Nursing & Midwifery and Medicine.
Notre Dame is a leading Australian university, spreads across three campuses in Broome, Fremantle and Sydney. Established in 1989, the Fremantle campus is the foundation site of the university, located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. The Broome Campus was founded in 1994 and is located in the heart of Australia’s iconic Kimberley region.
Notre Dame’s third campus in Sydney is based across two sites – Broadway and Darlinghurst. The Broadway site is located at the heart of Sydney’s university district, a short walk from Central train station, close to the inner-city precincts of Newtown, Camperdown and Surry Hills and also near the city’s lively Chinatown district. The Darlinghurst site is nestled in Sydney’s famous shopping district – showcasing the world’s leading fashion brands and cafés that set the benchmark for Australia’s legendary café culture.
At Fremantle campus, on-campus accommodation is available for international students. The Residential Halls located on-Campus are as follows:
- Port Lodge, 28 Marine Terrace, Fremantle
- P&O Hotel, 25 High Street, Fremantle
- Cleopatra Hotel, 24 High Street, Fremantle
The Sydney campus of the University of Notre Dame offers a large number of choices in terms of off-campus accommodation. International students can rent furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished houses and apartments. Renting such properties usually consists of a shared bathroom and communal areas of the house, with a separate bedroom and study area.
University of Notre Dame Australia Admission Process
- Apply Online: Click Here to Apply
- Apply Offline: Click Here to Download the Form
- Admission Requirements
- Certified copies of academic record
- Certified copies of proof of English Language Proficiency
- Certified copy of proof of residency/ citizenship
- Evidence of the ability to pay tuition fees and living expenses while in Australia
- Personal Statement (For Undergraduate Programs)
- Updated CV/ Resume
- Research Proposal (For Graduate Programs only)
- Certified copy of a valid Australian visa
- English Proficiency Requirements
University of Notre Dame’s tuition fees depends upon a student’s choice of study. An average full-time study consists of eight courses per year, or four courses per semester with some Schools requiring completion of more courses as the standard full-time load.
|Business/Law/ Counselling||Accounting, Business, Administration, Commerce,|
Human Resource Management, Marketing & Public Relations, Law, Counselling
|$29,900 - $30,700||$33,800 - $34,800|
|Education||Early Childhood Education & Care (0-8 years), Primary, Secondary||$30,880||$33,250|
|Health Sciences||Exercise & Sport Science, Preventive Health, Outdoor Recreation||$32,500||$35,800|
|Humanities||Arts, Behavioural Science, Communications & Media, Philosophy & Theology||$28,600||$30,500|
|Science||Science, Biomedical Science||$37,072||$42,633|
Note:- On average, an international student needs around $20,000-$25,000 per year for all living expenses. Living expenses include food, transport, entertainment, books, and clothing.
The University of Notre Dame Australia offers its international students an affordable, private Catholic education. There are various kinds of scholarships that international students can avail
- International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship:- The University of Notre Dame Australia offers several International Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarships to provide tuition assistance to high-potential international students enrolling in undergraduate programs. The value of the scholarship is 20% of annual tuition fees for up to a maximum of the approved standard course duration.
- The Bupa International Student Award:- The University offers this award worth $1,000 as an encouragement for international students to be involved in the life and culture of the community. Eligible international students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate award course at the University.
- International Early Offer Scholarships:- The International Early Offer Scholarships are offered to provide tuition assistance to high achieving international students enrolling in undergraduate programs. The value of the Scholarship is 25% of annual tuition fees for up to a maximum of one year or two consecutive semesters.