The University of Sydney Business School is a branch of The University of Sydney which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The University of Sydney Business School was established in January 2011 and formed from the School of Business within the previous Faculty of Economics and Business.
Sydney Business School was the first in Australia to receive accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business(AACSB). The University of Sydney Business School is the only Australian business school to become an Associate Member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS)
- The University of Sydney Business School is ranked #15 in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- The Business School’s MBA (Masters of Business Administration) program ranked #1 program in Australia by the biennial Australian Financial Review BOSS Magazine MBA Rankings.
|Type of University||Public|
|Location||Darlington, New South Wales|
|Total no. of Academic programs||20|
|Tuition Fees||A$ 46,500 (per year for MBA)|
|Cost of attendance||A$ 40,000 (average per year)|
|Official test scores & transcripts||GMAT / GRE accepted|
|English Language Proficiency||IELTS / TOEFL-iBT / TOEFL-PBT / Cambridge / PTE|
|Admission Helpdesk||Phone: 1800 793 864 +61 2 8627 1444|
Email: [email protected]
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The college provides nearly 20 academic programs in various graduate, undergraduate, certificate and online categories, with management (MBA) as the most popular program of the business school.
- Other programs offered by the college are :
- Masters of Accounting
- Master in Arts
- BBA in Economics
- Master in Law
- The housing facilities for the University of Sydney Business School is handled by The University of Sydney which offers an on-campus residence option.
Admissions & Entry Requirements
Application Fee: Application fee is 100 AU$ for Postgraduate programs which must be paid by Debit / Credit card.
The Business school accepts application in two intake seasons every year, given below are the deadlines for international students.
|Intake Season||Application Deadline|
|Semester 2 (2019)||30 June 2019|
|Semester 1 (2020)||31 January 2020|
Admission Requirements (MBA)
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Graduate Certificate required in the related program and a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways).
- Required the latest Resume / CV.
- Required two Letters of recommendation.
- Required one page write up (why your work experience would be valued for MBA).
Average Tuition Fees
- Estimated tuition fees Full Year for Executive MBA - AU$ 65,000
- Estimated tuition fees Full Year for MBA (L&E) - AU$ 50,000
- Estimated tuition fees Full Year for Master of Commerce - AU$ 10,958
- Estimated tuition fees Full Year for Master of Management – AU$ 10,958
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- University of Sydney business school scholarship for international students: A candidate must apply and accepted for a full-time course to be eligible for the University of Sydney business school scholarship.
- Australia Government Scholarship: This scholarship is also available only for full-time course applicants but a candidate should belong to the Asia-Pacific region to avail of this scholarship.
University of Sydney Business School has a strong network of more than 800 alumni and some of the notable ones are:
- Tony Abbot (Member of the Australian Parliament)
- Nick Greiner (Australian Politician)
- Glenn Stevens (Australian Economist)
- Mark Latham (Former Member of the Australian House of Representatives)