Part of the Laureate International Universities network, Torrens University Australia was established in 2012. There are around 10,300 students enrolled in the university in all four campuses- Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Brisbane. It also has a campus in Auckland, New Zealand. The university is nationally ranked #40 and provides programs in Business Studies, Public Health, Global Project Management, etc.
|No. of Campuses||5|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 70,000 per annum|
|Admission Helpline||1300 575 803|
|Mode of Program||Full time/ Online|
Torrens University Courses and Residence
- Torren University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of business and management, design, hospitality, health, education, technology, sports management, and project management.
- English language courses are also offered to international students at the university English center. Online mode of study is also available at the university.
- International students are not offered on-campus accommodation at any of the campuses of the university.
Torrens University Admission Process
- Application: International applicants can apply online with the university site.
- Application deadline: 11 Feburary 2019
- General Requirements: Original academic transcripts/mark sheet, official program completion certificate/Degree/Diploma, English language test scores.
- Additional requirements: Passport issue, birth certificate, valid student Visa, etc.
- English Proficiency Test: The Minimum scores required are mentioned below:
|English Language Proficiency Test||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||6.5 or higher with no band less than 6|
|TOEFL- Paper Based||575|
|TOEFL – Internet Based||79-93|
Torrens University Cost of Attendance
Different expenses such as books, supplies, accommodation, and others apart from the tuition fee makes up the entire cost of attendance for international students.
|Bachelor of Business||66,000|
|Bachelor of Commerce||67,000|
|Diploma of Marketing||19,600|
|Bachelor of Media Design||28,600|
|Bachelor of Business in Hospitality Management||23,300|
|Doctor of Philosophy||24,600|
|MBA||24,600 - 31,200|
|Adelaide||195 - 279|
|Brisbane||179 - 200|
|Melbourne||250 - 400|
|Sydney||250 - 500|
International students are offered various scholarships based on their home country, time of intake, and the program opted. These scholarships waive off up to 15-30% of the tuition fee. Some of these are Laurette Australia Business Merit, Offshore Online Business Scholarships, Laurette Australia Design Merit Scholarship, etc. The application must be submitted by 31 December 2019.
Torrents University is a relatively new university as compared to other prominent Australian universities. The campus is located in Adelaide which is one of the most beautiful cities in Australia. A variety of courses are offered at the Torrens University, which includes bachelor-degree courses, master-degree courses and graduate diploma courses.
- For admissions into Torrens University, a student can apply either via online application or contact one of the nearest registered agents.
- Students prioritizing Torrens over others may apply by filling the early application form.
- Admission at Torrens University is granted on the basis of overall competencies of an applicant.
- Applications of students not meeting the eligibility criteria are forwarded to the program officer for further consideration.
- Students without a formal degree are accepted based upon relevant work experience or knowledge gained via non-formal courses.
|Admission Requirements for International Students||Online Application|
|Different Campuses||Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Intake Months||January, April, July|
|Work Experience||Required for specific courses|
Torrens University Australia Deadlines
The college has three intake seasons per year. Their below-mentioned dates are for the beginning of new classes for 2020 batch.
|Semester 1||17 February|
|Semester 2||1 June|
|Semester 3||14 September|
Torrens University Australia International Student Admission
There are certain requirements for an international student to satisfy in order to get admitted to the university some of them are listed below. For the complete details, the candidate should refer the above website link.
- International applicants must submit higher education transcripts.
- English language requirement is a must for nonnative English speaking international students.
- Candidates have to mandatorily carry their passport when they get into Australia.
- A CV is a basic requirement in most of the courses so it is recommended that the candidate carries his CV along with him.
- The admission criteria are also made in such a way that the students who have done any prior associate degree or had any relative work experience or have done any prior higher education also find it easy to join a course like one stated below for example.
- Applicants who have completed prior higher education study may be assessed and selected for admission if they completed higher education qualification at AQF level 5 (diploma) or above or at least 1 EFTSL (equivalent full-time student load, or one full year) of an AQF level 6 (Associate Degree) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or another accredited higher education provider
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
|IELTS||Overall 6.0 (with no sub-score <5.5)||Overall 6.5 (with no sub-score <6.0)|
|TOEFL||60 (with min 18 in writing)||79 (with min 21 in writing)|
|PTE||50 (with no sub-score <42)||58 (with no sub-score <50)|
|Cambridge||169 (with no sub-score <162)||176 (with no sub-score <169)|
Visa Process for International Students
The VISA related information isn’t available on the college website. The general information with regard to obtaining an Australian student VISA is mentioned below.
- To avail VISA students must complete the studies within the time frame set out in their electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
- The students can apply online for VISA at VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online).
- To acquire an Australian student visa, the applicant should be enrolled in a course consisting of at least 24 credit units per semester.
- The COE (Confirmation of Enrollment) is a must document for application of VISA which contains the details regarding the allotted courses and credit.
- Applicants with a Australian student VISA will have to pay for health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme and maintain insurance for the duration of the VISA.
- Students from Belgium, Norway, and Sweden are exempted from the above scheme that is covered by CSN or Kammarkollegiet. These students will need to provide proof of official health insurance cover from their home government provider.
- Under the regulations of Australian policymakers, any student on International VISA is only allowed to work for 40 hours per fortnight.
- If the applicant fails to meet any of the visa conditions the visa may be cancelled.
Torrens University Australia Undergraduate Admissions
Torrens University provides around six bachelors degree courses in various disciplines. The admission requirements vary according to the course applied for and is not fixed for all courses.
Where to Apply: To apply for a specific program, students need to visit ‘https://www.torrens.edu.au/apply-online/admissions-criteria’ and click on “Apply Now”.
Academic Requirements: the academic requirements vary by course. However, there are certain basic requirements which must be required for all courses:
- The IELTS or English proficiency scores
- Academic transcripts of previous education
- A CV is required while applying for a course
Torrens University Australia Graduate Admissions
The college provides a number of graduate courses at diploma and masters level. All graduate courses have different requirements. The English language requirements are the same for all courses mostly as given below:
English Language Requirements: English proficiency test scores of either of the following CAE 58, IELTS 6.5, with no sub-score less than 6.0, PTE 60, TOEFL 79
|Course||Academic Requirements||Work Experience|
|Masters in Business Administration||A bachelor’s degree. Or A Graduate Certificate of Business Administration or Graduate Diploma of Business Administration||Minimum of three years of work experience|
|Masters of Business Information System||An undergraduate degree or above||No work experience is required|
|Master of Education (Innovation and Change)||For candidates without formal teacher training, a Graduate Certificate of Education from TUA (or another institution if deemed equivalent)|
English proficiency test scores of IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with no skills band less than 6.0
|Applicants must have completed four years of formal teacher education from an Australian institution or a recognized equivalent qualification.|
|Masters of Philosophy||A relevant Honors degree, or A three of four-year bachelor degree (with credit average GPA), or A Graduate Diploma or Masters by Coursework (with credit average GPA)||The experience will be required if the candidate does not satisfy the academic requirements|
In order to gain admission at the Torrens University, applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria and course-specific requirements. The university also accepts students on a conditional basis if they demonstrate adequate domain knowledge and probability to succeed during their coursework.