University of Canberra is a public university which was given the university status in 1990, located in Bruce, Canberra, Australia.
|University Type||Public University|
|Cost of Attendance||27,200 to 31,500 AUD|
|Applications Accepted||UG & PG - Online/ Authorised Agent Research – Email/Post|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
The university offers UG, Graduate Diploma, PG and PhD programs under 5 areas of study. University of Canberra provides guaranteed on-campus accommodation to its 1st year students. For this, there are 4 types of campus housing available. The student can also opt for off-campus housing facility, by going for homestays/commercial & private rentals/ share accommodation or furnished apartments.
- Application Form: The UG and PG students have to fill the application form through the university’s application portal or through the authorized agent. The research applicants have to send the application form pdf through email or by post to the university address.
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Application fee: N/A
- Additional requirements: Certificates, CV/Resume/ Statements of Employment, Research Proposal
- Intake Sessions – Semester 1 (February), Semester 2 (August)
|Test||Test Score (UG)||Test Score (PG)|
|Occupational English Test||C||C|
|English Language Proficiency Test||N/A||C|
Cost of Attendance
|Course Fee||Postgraduate Cost|
|Faculty of Business, Government and Law||34,000 AUD|
|Faculty of Arts and Design||27,800 – 33,100 AUD|
|Faculty of Science and Technology||20,000 – 32,000 AUD|
|Faculty of Education||27,500 AUD|
|Faculty of Health||30,000 – 40,000 AUD|
Note: The bachelor’s programs cost between 27,200 to 31,500 AUD.
The financial support offered by University of Canberra is to a great extent. From scholarships, to grants to awards, the students are assisted by the university in many forms. Some of the scholarships offered are the following:
- Chief Minister’s University of Canberra Information Technology and Communications Technology Scholarship – of the value 10,000 AUD
- UC/GBCA Scholarship – 15% of Tuition Fee
- University of Canberra International Merit Scholarship – 10% of Tuition Fee
Additionally, there are some Australian awards, scholarships through partnerships, which can help the students in getting financial assistance.
University of Canberra is a public university located in Canberra, Australia. It offers certifications, diplomas and degrees at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level in 28 broad areas of study like Health, Art and Design, Business, Government & Law, Education, and Science and Technology.
- The academic sessions here begin in the Fall and Spring seasons.
- UG and PG applicants can apply online through the university’s common online application portal.
- International applicants are offered conditional admissions if ELP requirements are not fulfilled.
|Application Portal||UC Online Application|
|Mode of Payment||Online/Off-line/In-person|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring season|
|English Proficiency Scores||Required|
|Financial Aid||Grants, loans, work-study, and Scholarships|
|Graduate Employment Rate||89%|
|Selection Criteria||Academic Records|
University of Canberra Admissions Deadline
The full-time academic session at UC begins in the Fall and Spring seasons. The application deadlines for the two semesters are mentioned below:
|Semester 1||Dec 1 (prior to the year of admission)|
|Semester 2||June 1 (prior to the year of admission)|
Though the university also considers late applications students are strongly advised to apply within the above deadlines and also provide all the required documents to allow sufficient time for processing of the application as well as visa requirements.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
For admissions at University of Canberra international applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. The minimum ELP test score requirements are mentioned below:
|Test Name||Undergraduate||Graduate||Diploma||Graduate Certificate|
Note: As some of the courses at the university require higher test scores, applicants must visit the course page.
For applicants fulfilling the criteria mentioned below, ELP test scores are not required:
- English Proficiency Requirement through the Previous Study
- Applicants with education in an entirely English based curriculum for their high school years.
- Applicants with relevant work experience proving competence in English.
- English at a higher level as part of the IB diploma.
- Applicants who provide an English Language Proficiency Test Score below the required minimum can be made a conditional offer of admission. In such a case, the candidate is enrolled under the obligation to retake their ELP tests and pass with a minimum score or to attend an Academic English Course taught by the University.
Visa Requirements for International Applicants
- Applicants to UC can apply for a student visa to Australia after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment(COE).
- Provide copies of passport, birth certificate, national identity cards, etc.
- Obtain an Overseas Student Health Cover(OSHC) to be eligible for visa approval.
- Provide a statement in their application form that they intend to stay in Australia temporarily and should be able to provide documentation for the same.
- Applicants with employment history are required to provide details for the same
- Research students are required to provide a copy of the topic of their research and a Resume.
- Students can visit the International Student Support Service Website for more information.
- Contact the Australian Embassy regarding any visa-related queries.
University of Canberra Undergraduate Admissions
At Canberra, undergraduate students can apply for Diplomas, Associate Degrees, and Bachelor Degrees. The admissions requirements for these programs are mentioned below:
How to apply: UC Application Portal
Application Fees: None
- High School Transcripts
- Certified copies of all relevant academic transcripts and award certificates from all complete study should be submitted.
- English Proficiency Test Scores, for international applicants
- Proof of Financial statements has to be submitted.
- copy of passport
- Personal Essay
- Students can also upload an optional CV to help the institute know the applicant better.
|Course||Academic Requirements||English Proficiency Requirements|
|Bachelor of Accounting||Knowledge in English and Mathematics||IELTS: 6.0|
|Diploma of Business Informatics||No course-specific requirements||IELTS: 5.5|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||Major in Mathematics, Biology or Human Movement and Physics or Chemistry||IELTS: 7.0|
University of Canberra Graduate Admissions
UC offers postgraduate degrees for applicants with previous education and work experience. Each program offered here has different admission requirements and eligibility criteria. The admissions process and requirements are mentioned below:
Where to apply: UC Online Application Portal
Application fee: 70 USD
Academic Requirements: Official Transcripts, UG degree.
Supporting Documents: Verified financial bank statement, International information sheet, authorized clearance for transfer students.
Admission requirements for some of the programs are mentioned below:
|Course||Application Deadline||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|Master of Clinical Psychology||Oct 31||Psychology degree with CGPA 6.0 or higher, CV,|
Proof of eligibility as a provisional psychologist, 2 referee reports, Interview
|Master Degree in Juris Doctor||Dec 1||GPA 5/7||IELTS: 6.5|
|Master of Architecture||Dec 1, June 1||B.Arch Degree, Portfolio||IELTS: 6.5|
UC offers a number of alternative entry options for applicants who fail to meet traditional admission requirements. The options available include:
- Adjusted Entry Score For Eligible Undergraduate Students
- The Schools Recommendation Scheme(SRS). High School students who obtain an official recommendation from their School are given offers to UC undergraduate courses.
- Portfolio Entry: For applicants to undergraduate Arts and Design Courses
- Fast Forward: Early offer scheme for select students
- Special Consideration: Under any exceptional/ abnormal circumstance
The University of Canberra looks for all-round excellence on behalf of the applicant, not only in academics but also in other areas, such as extra-curricular activities, social services, etc. Students are thus, advised to research all admission requirements carefully and start the admission process well before the given deadline. Admission decisions are released as and when the documents are processed.