UC College, predominantly a training institute, is aimed at preparing students for pursuing any degree at the University of Canberra. The institute offers pre-university and diploma courses exclusively for domestic and international students. UC College is established under the University of Canberra.
English courses offered by the institute are aimed at preparing its students for IELTS. International students can also opt for English Bridge programs. UC College serves as the only IELTS exam center for Canberra. Completion of the pathway program offered by the institute can help students secure a seat at Canberra University.
|Parent University||University of Canberra|
|Type of Programs||Pathway|
|Number of Programs Offered||19|
|Mode of Program||Full time, Part-time|
|% of International Students||29%|
Campus, Program, and Residence
Campus: UC College has its main campus located at Bruce, Australian Capital Territory, ACT 2617, Australia. The institute shares its campus with the University of Canberra.
- International and domestic students are eligible to apply for the Diploma Entry program offered at UC College. Successful completion of the Diploma program ensures direct entry to a UC degree with credit.
- Access programs are targeted towards helping domestic school leavers and non-recent school leavers, to help them prepare for study at UC.
- University of Canberra International Foundation Studies is a pre-university level program articulated to prepare students for first-year entry to a University of Canberra bachelor's degree.
- ELICOS programs are rigorous English language courses as well as IELTS preparation classes, offered through UCC English Language Centre, located at UC College.
- Students willing to stay out of the campus have an option of homestays, commercial and private rentals, shared accommodation and furnished apartments to choose from.
- UC Lodge, Cooper Lodge, Weeden Lodge, and the Campus West are on-campus accommodation options available to students.
- International students get guaranteed hostel accommodation throughout their course study at UC College.
Application: UC College accepts online applications through the University of Canberra online portal.
Application Fee: None
Admission Requirement: Certified copies of all academic transcripts and certificates, work experience, resume, statements of employment has to be submitted.
Note: The provided documents should be an official document from the employer outlining job title, responsibilities, and duration of employment.
English Proficiency Requirement: Students are required to submit IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency. The minimum score required for various programs are:
|Program||Minimum IELTS Score Required|
|Foundation Studies||5.5 (no band below 5.0)|
|Diploma||5.5 (no band below 5.5)|
|UCan Reach, UC Start, UC Prep, UC Connect, GCAF||6.0 (no band below 6.0)|
Cost of Attendance
The cost mentioned below is for the academic year 2019-20:
Scholarships are not awarded to students enrolled at UC College. However, tuition fee concession is given to some diplomats and their dependents