University of New England, located in Armidale, NSW has 1 more campus. It has been ranked #31 among top universities of the world. UNE has also been ranked for teaching quality and learning resources. The University offers diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 25 areas of study.
|Graduate Employability Rate||88.6%|
|No. of Courses||149|
|No. of International Students||20,000|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, online and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the top ranked subjects offered at UNE are: Law, Social Sciences, Medicine, Environmental Sciences, Business, Economics, Psychology, etc.
- University of New England offers on-campus accommodation to its students.
University of New England Admission Process
Application Form: International students can apply through an agent or directly apply online.
- Common requirements: Academic transcripts, award certificates, supplementary documents information (if required) along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions).
- Application Fee: No fee
- Additional requirements: personal identification document (e.g. passport), portfolio (required for particular courses), and visa details, etc. Students may be called for interviews or auditions for some courses. For Research students:
- Brief description of research proposal/topic
- Referee Reports
- Application deadlines: Trimester 1: November; Trimester 2: May
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
Cost of Attendance
Living Expenses can vary from AUD 19,830 for students. If dependents accompany the students, then costs may go up.
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Faculty of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences & Education||AUD 24,990 – AUD 29,240|
|Faculty of Medicine & Health||AUD 28,000 – AUD 29,400|
|Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business & Law||AUD 26,250 – AUD 29,400|
UNE offers variousscholarships to international students, pursuing research, graduate and undergraduate degree courses. These scholarships range from AUD 5,000 to AUD 10,000.
The University of New England is one of the leading Australian Universities, located in Armidale, New South Wales. The university offers Bachelors, Masters, graduate certificates and doctoral degree in over 20 areas of study. Admissions are invited on a trimester basis.
- International UG and PG applicants can apply online through UNE Admissions Portal
- Most courses are offered in the first and second trimester.
- Additional assessment is required for international applicants from some countries.
- Postgraduate applicants are required to submit a statement of service mentioning the details asked.
- Apart from ELP test scores, there are other documents that an applicant provide for fulfilling English language requirements.
|Admission requirements for international students||Online Portal|
|No. of Courses||149|
|International admissions office contact||[email protected]|
|Academic Calendar||Trimester Wise|
|Work Experience||Required in certain courses|
University of New England Admission Deadlines
University of New England takes students on a trimester basis. Most of the courses invite applications fo only two trimesters, however, a few courses invite applications for the third trimester as well. The application deadlines for the different trimesters are tabulated below:
|First Trimester||30 November of a year prior|
|Second Trimester||9 July|
|Third Trimester (early closing courses) Bachelor in Music and Diploma in Music||10 October|
Visa requirements for International Students
- After the application is completed, the University will notify if the applicant has to undergo additional Genuine Temporary Entrant assessment under the Streamlined Student Visa Framework (SSVF).
- UNE will process your acceptance and you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your visa application.
- There is a different set of VISA requirements for students under 18. Whereas the college also has certain conditions and a set procedure to provide VISA which is as follows.
- Apply online for VISA at VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online).
- Enrolled in 24 units of credit per semester.
- Under the regulations of Australian policymakers, any student on International VISA is only allowed to work for 40 hours per fortnight.
- If the applicant fails to meet any of the visa conditions the visa may be canceled.
- The student must consult the student development International for any kind of assistance.
English Proficiency test score for International Applicants
|IELTS (Academic)||6.0 (5.5 minimum band score)|
|TOEFL (IBT)||79 (22 in writing section)|
|PTE||57 (minimum 50 in each skill)|
Applicants can also provide the following documents instead of test scores for fulfilling the English language criteria:
- Completion of 1 year of senior-secondary, tertiary, or post-secondary education from a school college where the only medium of instruction is English in a country with English as the primary official language or co-official language.
- Completion of the EAP program form the University of New England or an equivalent. The applicants can also provide certificate of completion of an EAP program from NEAS certified English language center.
University of New England Undergraduate Admission
In the University of New England, most of the undergraduate courses can be completed between 3 to 5 years of full-time study, or take around 6 to 10 years in case of part-time. The admission requirements for undergraduate programs are mentioned below:
Where to Apply: UNE Admission Portal
- Official Transcripts
- Certified copies of original transcripts
- A statement mentioning that the documents submitted are true copies of the original.
- English language translations of transcripts, if required.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Personal identification documents, like Citizenship identity, Birth certificate or passport.
- Applicants are required to fulfill additional requirements for certain courses like portfolio, auditions, etc.
- Additional assessment for some international applicants is required. They are required to complete an additional International Student Application for GTE.
- University will send an email to such applicants about the fulfilment of GTE requirements.
University of New England Graduate Admissions
The University of New England offers a diverse range of graduate courses that applicants can choose to study after completion of their undergraduate degree. The postgraduate study involves either coursework or research. There are various graduate certificates and master's programs offered by the university. The admissions requirement for these is similar. These are briefed below:
Where to apply: UNE admission portal
- Official Transcripts or certified copies of transcripts
- English language translations of transcripts, if required
- Additional application for applicants of some countries for GTE.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- The statement of service is required for all graduate certificate and master's programs. This statement should include the following details:
- Confirmation of role and responses.
- Tasks and duties performed
- Length of employment
- Number of hours worked
- Referee information (no personal reference should be mentioned).
- The statement of service cannot be replaced by CV, Group Certificates, or Payslip.
- Personal Statement is required for masters programs.
- Departmental requirements:
- Masters of Psychology: CV and Criminal Check
- Masters Nursing: Copy of Australian Health Practioner Regulatory Certificate.
- Personal identification documents like Citizenship identity, Birth certificate or passport is required during the time of admission.
The University of New England has a student population of around 22,000. This is made of 14,000 Ug and 5,000 PG applicants studying in various streams. Applications are reviewed on the basis of academic performance and overall indulgence and growth of the applicants. PG applicants are suggested to provide the statement of services that is true to their knowledge and caters to all the details. As this statement plays a decisive role in PG admissions.