University of New South Wales (UNSW), in New South Wales, is known for offering maximum employability rate, i.e. around five million. For this UNSW has received QS Five Star Ratings in 2019 in all major areas like employability, teaching, internationalism, etc.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Student Retention Rate||59,781|
|Accommodation Capacity||18 on-campus residential colleges|
|UNSW Funding (by ARC)||AUD 56.2M|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 23,140 (annually)|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part-time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 142 undergraduate and 284 graduate degree programs are offered at UNSW, under eight faculties. UNSW’s 23 subjects have been categorized in the top 50 courses in Sydney. Some of them are Accounting, Finance, Law, Civil & Structural Engineering, Psychology, etc.
- On-campus, UNSW offers residential facilities to its students. There are four residential halls including four apartment blocks, which accommodate international students.
- There are also three libraries, which possess more than two million printed books and online materials, for students. The students can also access the ELISE quiz tutorial which helps them in understanding about information gathering, writing papers, etc.
University of New South Wales Admission Process
- Application: Students can apply through the online application, for admission. But the students belonging from New Zealand or Australia, and the ones who have an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UAC Application.
- Common requirements: includes transcripts and work experience (for postgraduates).
- The application fee: for both undergraduate and graduate application is AUD 125.
- There are a few additional requirements which include: cover letter, CV, personal and financial statements. If selected, there may be a formal interview for Business School applicants only.
- There are three terms for admission, deadlines for Term 1: 30 November; Term 2: 31 March and Term 3: 31 July.
- The test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years, hence students must acquaint themselves with the university timeline, and apply for admission accordingly.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|UEEC||C+ Grade, overall completion|
Cost of Attendance
|Department/School/College Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Art and Design||AUD 32,400|
|Arts and Social Sciences||AUD 37,980|
|Business School||AUD 39,960|
International students are offered in house support by the University for applying for aid. Students are offered loans and scholarships like:
- UNSW Alumni Scholarship
- UNSW Hong Kong Alumni Awards
- Bill Pardy University Challenge Award
- Ian Somerville Award
With a 300,000 alumni network, the UNSW offers benefits to alumni like career development, taking up professional courses on 15% discount, complimentary access to nine databases, an invitation to events at the university, etc.
University of New South Wales has a student population of 52000 students with 14,607 international students. The university offers more than 150 courses through 8 faculties. The applications are invited in the fall and spring semesters for international applicants.
- International applicants can apply online through UAC Portal
- GPA score requirements are course as well as country-specific.
- MBA applicants are required to provide GMAT scores for admissions
- Conditional admissions are offered to applicants unable to fulfil ELP requirements.
|Admission Requirements for International Students||Online Application Portal|
|Application fee( non- refundable)||125 Australian Dollars|
|Employment Rate (UG)||86.1%|
|Employment Rate (PG)||89.4%|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Academic calendar||Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter|
|Work Experience||Required for postgraduate studies|
University of New South Wales Deadlines
International applicants must apply for UG and PG programs by the following deadlines.
|UG admissions Round- 1||November 29, 2019|
|UG admissions Round-2||November 18, 2019|
|PG admissions for 2019||August 23, 2019|
|PG admissions for 2019-20||September 4, 2019|
The number of applications processed is huge so there are two portals current applications and future application with a specific deadline which can be found out by the above link.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International students who don’t have English as their native language need to qualify certain Standard English tests mentioned below with minimum scores as mentioned.
|Academic Course||TOEFL-iBT||TOEFL-PBT||Pearson Test of English (PTE)||IELTS|
|All programs except the ones mentioned below||79 (min 21 in writing, 12 in reading, 11 in listening, 17 in speaking)||500||50 (min 42 in each subtest)||6.0 (min 5.5 in each subtest)|
|Law (UG & PG) Business (UG, PG) and a graduate certificate in Myopia Management& arts & social sciences postgraduate and Medicine (UG)||90 (min 23 in writing, 22 in reading, listening, and speaking)||577 overall (min 5.0 in TWE)||58 overall (min 50 in each subtest)||6.5 (min 5.5 in each subtest)|
|All Business and Law (PG research)||90 overall (min 24 in writing, 22 in reading, listening, and speaking)||577 overall (min 5.0 in TWE)||58 overall (min 58 in writing and 50 in each subtest)||6.5 overall (min 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each subtest)|
English Language Waivers
- Directly relevant experience for 2 years
- Completion of 1-year, study at a university/college where the medium of study and assessment is English.
- Residency in n English speaking country for 5 or more years
- A GMAT score of minimum 550
Conditional Requirements: Applicants are offered conditional admission if they are unable to fulfil ELP requirements. The admissions are confirmed only when ELP scores are submitted.
Note: English waiver is not available for Master of Teaching (Primary and Secondary) and Bachelor of Education and Master of Psychology (including clinical, forensic & Organizational) including combined Ph.D./Master courses.
Visa Process for International Students
There is a different set of VISA requirements for students under 18. Whereas the college also has certain conditions and a set procedure to provide VISA which is as follows.
- To avail VISA students must complete the studies within the time frame set out in their electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
- CoE contains the details regarding the allotted courses and credit.
- Apply online for VISA at VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online).
- Enrolled in 24 units of credit per semester.
- Under the regulations of Australian policymakers, any student on International VISA is only allowed to work for 40 hours per fortnight.
- If the applicant fails to meet any of the visa conditions the visa may be cancelled.
- The student must consult the student development International for any kind of assistance.
University of New South Wales Admissions
The university offers multiple courses in 8 major study areas Art & Design, Art & Social Sciences, Built Environment, Business School, Engineering, Law, Medicine, and Science. The admission process for international applicants details below.
Where to Apply
International applicants are required to submit their online applications through University Admission Center, if:
- Australian year 12 qualification is completed in Australia or overseas.
- International Baccalaureate completed in Australia or overseas.
If an applicant does not lie in the above-mentioned case, they are required to apply through the UNSW Admissions Portal.
Application Fee: 125 AUD
UG Admission Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English language requirements
- GPA requirements
- These are course and country-specific.
PG Admissions Requirements
- Official transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- GMAT Score (MBA)- 550
- ELP scores for international applicants
- IELTS: 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
The admissions decisions are made on a holistic basis. Applicants can track their applications online through UNSW App tracking. Conditional admissions are offered to international applicants, but admissions are confirmed only when ELP score requirements are fulfilled. International applicants must fulfil GPA requirements.