UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND Colleges2 years ago - AGRICULTURE - Brisbane - 186 views
University of Queensland (UQ), in Brisbane, has been ranked consistently in top 50 universities of the world, for its performance and scientific papers for world universities. UQ also has six of its subjects, in the top 50 best subjects in Australia.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Student Retention Rate||52,331|
|Graduate Job Rate||73% (full time)|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000-50,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Official website/QTAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part time, distance and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 2,339 undergraduate and 259 graduate degree programs are offered at University of Queensland under 10 areas of study. Some of the worldwide ranked majors are: Engineering, Environment, Anatomy & Morphology, Tropical Medicine, Biodiversity Conservation, etc.
- On-campus, University of Queensland offers residential facilities for international students. There are 10 residential colleges, and off-campus accommodation for students as well.
University of Queensland Admission Process
- Application: Students can apply through the online application, for admission. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the QTAC Application.
- Common requirements: includes transcripts, statement of purpose, Higher Secondary Certificate and bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- The application fee: for online applications is AUD 100, for hard copy submission is AUD 150.
- There are a few additional requirements which include: cover letter, CV, copy of passport, health examination and identity declaration; personal and financial statements.
- There are two semesters for admission, deadlines for Semester 1: 30 November; Semester 2: 31 May.
- The test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years, hence students must acquaint themselves with the university timeline, and apply for admission accordingly.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|GMAT (for PG)||550|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Cost of Tuition|
|Architecture, Design and Planning||AUD 136,156|
|Arts and Social Sciences||AUD 139,988|
|Business Management||AUD 181,984|
|Engineering and Information Technologies||AUD 269,704|
|Veterinary Science||AUD 355,813|
|Wildlife Science||AUD 131,266|
International students are offered in house support by the University for applying for aid. Students are also offered scholarships like:
- Global Leaders Scholarship, awarded to citizens of India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.
- UQ Economics Scholarships, awarded to citizens of India, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka.
- Science International Scholarships
- HASS Scholarship for Excellence awarded to Indian citizens.
University of Queensland offers benefits to alumni like taking up professional development courses on 10% discount, access to library membership for AUD 75 per year, 10% discount on Customs House (Brisbane) for events, etc.
The university has network of more than 244,000 alumni, with maximum students belonging from:
- Australia: 131,693
- United States: 8,350
- China: 6,885