University of Southern Queensland (USQ), has 3 campuses. It has been ranked highly for skill development, teaching quality and for finding a job. USQ offers diploma, bachelor's, masters and doctoral degrees under 22 areas of study. SUQ’s Engineering, Business and Education Schools are ranked #1, these subjects are opted widely by students.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||58:42|
|Graduate Employability Rate||85.4%|
|No. of Courses||115|
|No. of International Students||16%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000 – AUD 260,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, online and part-time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the globally ranked subjects offered at the University of Southern Queensland are Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Psychology, Accounting, Politics, Humanities, etc.
- The University of Southern Queensland offers on-campus accommodation to its students, in their residential colleges.
University of Southern Queensland Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent/online/printed and posted.
- Common requirements: Academic transcripts, award certificates, degree/diploma- (for PG admissions), etc.
- Application Fee: No fee
- Additional requirements: Formal documents like national identity proof, student visa details, etc. Portfolio (required for particular courses). Research students:
- Research proposal/ topic
- Referee Reports (if required)
- Intake Semesters: Semester 1: 25 February 2019; Semester 2: 15 July 2019
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Business and Commerce||AUD 38,160 – AUD 125,510|
|Engineering and Built Environment||AUD 227,558 – AUD 254,670|
|Law and Justice||AUD 173,305|
|Health and Community||AUD 33,712 – AUD 376,197|
|Humanities and Communication Arts||AUD 29,216 – AUD 135,088|
|Information Technology||AUD 160,286 – AUD 168,475|
|Education||AUD 127,809 – AUD 174,615|
|Science||AUD 33,712 – AUD 251,138|
|Creative Arts and Media||AUD 30,880 – AUD 234,793|
The University of Southern Queensland offers scholarships to international students, pursuing both graduate and undergraduate degree courses. There are also scholarships for research students.
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is a regional, dynamic university dedicated to giving quality education in a resilient and supportive atmosphere. Established in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia the university comprises three campuses at Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich. The institution offers studies in law, health, engineering, the sciences, business, education, and the arts.
For applying at the University of Southern Queensland, follow these steps:
- Select your preferred degree and check if you meet the eligibility criteria
- Contact one of the University’s agents.
- Submit online application supplemented with documents such as award certificate, academic transcript, passport copy, and Visa.
- Wait for 2-3 weeks for the admission decision to arrive.
Given below are some of the key things that should be kept in mind before making an application for the University of Southern Queensland Admissions:
- Students applying for undergraduate and graduate programs have to apply through the university’s online portal.
- It is a must to demonstrate English language competence for entry in the university.
- The university offers English language and short-term training programs for learners of non-English-speaking backgrounds to equip them for admission into a degree program, help enhance their career prospects or develop written and spoken English.
- International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
- The university also offers different pathway programs to candidates not fulfilling the minimum academic requirements
|Application Portal||Official Website|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||No Application or assessment fee|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Discover/visa|
|Work Experience||Required for Business Programs|
|Financial Aid||Work-Study, Loans, Grants, and Scholarships|
University of Southern Queensland Application Deadlines
The University accepts applications throughout the year, the following are the commencement dates for upcoming semesters.
|Semester 2, 2019||July 19, 2019|
|Semester 3, 2019||November 15, 2019|
University of Southern Queensland International Admissions
The admission requirements for international students are discussed below.
- All the educational documents/records from the earlier attended institutions.
- Approved by the institution's office registrar or an authorized officer of an Australian overseas diplomatic mission.
- Official records that are not in English must be accompanied by the certified English version.
- GPA calculations are made from previous studies to assess entry into some of the graduate and postgraduate programs. The university uses GPA calculation to maintain demand in popular programs and to guarantee the candidate has the best possibility of success.
- GRE/GMAT exam scores are not required but Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) may be submitted for all candidates other than Year 12 students.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
University of Southern Queensland English Proficiency Requirements
International applicants ought to present either of the following test records to prove their English language proficiency. The minimum scores listed below are comprehensive scores as the minimum requirement can differ depending on program preference.
|Test||Undergraduate Applicants||Postgraduate Applicants|
|TOEFL-iBT||80+ with no section below 19||90 with no section below 20|
|TOEFL-PBT||550+ with TWE 4.5+||570 with a TWE of 5.0 or higher|
|TOEFL-CBT||213+ with essay rating of at least 4.5||230 with an essay rating of at least 5|
|IELTS||6.0+ with no bands below 5.5||6.5 with no band below 6.0|
|PTE||50+ and no communicative skills test scores below 50||58 with no communicative score below 58|
|Cambridge English Scale Scores for FCE, CAE, and CPE3||FCE score of 169+ with no less than 162 in each skill||-|
Visa Process for International Students
Students can apply for an Australian student visa after receiving an offer letter.
- Candidates are expected to satisfy the following criterion in order to apply for students visa in Australia:
- be registered in a program of study in Australia
- own Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or befall in one of the exemption categories
- prove the student has had a welfare arrangement if he/she is under 18
- Provide evidence of following while filling the online visa application form:
- Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
- Financial Statement- Stating evidence of required funds
- Copy of passport biodata page
- English Proficiency Test scores
- Health requirements
- Character requirements
- Submit the form and pay the application fee of AUD560.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview.
University of Southern Queensland Undergraduate Admissions
The programs offered at USQ are created with the intention of outfitting industry-ready, internationally recognized and qualified graduates.
Where to Apply: University of Southern Queensland Application portal
Application Fee: Free of cost
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- High school diploma/transcript
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation
- English proficiency test scores for international applicants
University of Southern Queensland Graduate Admissions
While the specific requirements may differ for each program, the general admission requirements remain the same, such as:
Application Portal: University’s online application portal
Application Fee: USQ charges no application fee for processing the applications.
The table given below presents the admission requirements for a few of the most sought after courses offered by the University of Southern Queensland.
|Course||Semester Intake||Study Mode||Academic Requirements|
|MBA||Semester 1: Feb|
Semester 2: July
Semester 3: Nov
|On-campus, Online||Completion of an Australian university undergraduate degree or its equivalent; |
2+ year of relevant work experience; Resume or professional LinkedIn profile
|Master of Computing||Semester 1: Feb|
Semester 2: July
|On-campus Online||3-year bachelor degree in the field of computing or equivalent Or University of Southern Queensland Graduate|
Diploma of Information Technology/Graduate Diploma of Professional Computing/ Graduate Diploma of Advanced Computing or equivalent
|Master of Laws||Semester 1: Feb|
Semester 2: July
|Online||Bachelor of Laws; a Bachelor of Laws (Honors); a Juris Doctor or an international equivalent|
|Master of Engineering Science||Semester 1: Feb|
Semester 2: July
|On-campus External||Three or four-year Bachelor's degree in engineering in the relevant specialization from an|
Australian University or equivalent
|Master of Psychology (Clinical)||Semester 1: Feb||External||Demonstrated achievement of a minimum of Second Class Honors Division A|
in an APAC-accredited 4-year honors degree or equivalent
|Master of Arts||Semester 1: Feb|
Semester 2: July
|On-campus Online||Approved 3-year bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 5.0 or equivalent; |
2+ years of professional experience in the specified discipline/field
In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, candidates may be asked to present a research proposal, or a portfolio, samples of work, proof of prior work experience or attend an interview or audition, as appropriate.
On application to Master Research programs candidates are required to provide a framework of the research topic they expect to pursue. Acceptance will be directed to the availability of and approval by, a minimum of 2 certified supervisors.
The University of Southern Queensland greets thousands of applications each year so it is necessary to apply beforehand, to secure an entry in the institution.