UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY Colleges2 years ago - ENGINEERING - Sydney - 167 views
University of Sydney, has been ranked number one in Australia, by QS Rankings for the highest Graduate Employability Rate. University of Sydney is also considered in top 5 universities of the world by QS, for the subjects it offers.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Student Retention Rate||59,291|
|UNSW Funding (by ARC)||AUD 2,026,993|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Official website/UAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 178 undergraduate and 520 graduate degree programs are offered at University of Sydney under six faculties and three schools. University of Sydney’s 13 subjects have been categorized in the top 50 courses in Australia. Some of them are Veterinary Sciences; Architecture; English Language & Literature; Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering, etc.
- On-campus, University of Sydney offers residential facilities for both domestic and international students. There are five residential halls which can accommodate 1,131 students. While the eight residential colleges can accommodate 1,783 students.
University of Sydney Admission Process
- Application: Students can apply through the online application, for admission. The students belonging/holding visas from New Zealand or Australia, along with the ones pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UAC Application.
- Common requirements: includes statement of purpose, Higher Secondary Certificate and bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- The application fee: for both undergraduate and graduate application is AUD 100.
- There are a few additional requirements which include: cover letter, CV, personal and financial statements. If selected, the Business School applicants may be called for a formal interview.
- There are two semesters for admission, deadlines for Semester 1: 30 November; Semester 2: 30 June.
- The test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years, hence students must acquaint themselves with the university timeline, and apply for admission accordingly.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Architecture, Design and Planning||AUD 40,000|
|Arts and Social Sciences||AUD 39,000|
|Business School||AUD 42,000|
|Education & Social Work||AUD 42,000|
|Engineering and Information Technologies||AUD 46,500|
|Health Sciences||AUD 46,500|
|Veterinary Science||AUD 64,000|
International students are offered in house support by the University for applying for aid. Students are also offered grants and scholarships like:
- Fulbright scholarship and US Federal Pell Grant, for US students.
- Peruvian Scholarships, for Peruvian students.
- Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program, for 28 Indian students.
- University of Sydney – China Scholarship Council Research Programs, for Chinese researchers.
With a 300,000 alumni network, the University of Sydney offers benefits to alumni like career planning assistance, taking up professional courses on 50% discount, access to library membership for AUD 80 per year, free online courses on Coursera, 40% off if hiring university venues, etc.