UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA Colleges1 year ago - AGRICULTURE - Hobart - 143 views
University of Tasmania (UTAS), has been ranked under those 2% universities that have been recognized globally for their research and subjects offered. The university also ranks in terms of graduate employability rate, one of the highest rates in Australia. More than 13 subjects are ranked worldwide, and are offered at University of Tasmania.
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||4|
|Graduate Job Rate||91.1% (full time)|
|Funding||AUD 58.8 million|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 20,000-30,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Online/Offline/Through Agent/UTAC|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
60 undergraduate, 75 masters and three doctoral degree programs are offered at the University of Tasmania under five colleges and 18 areas of study.
- The University is ranked in the top 30 for offering Law.
- The other ranked subjects include: Social Sciences, Arts, Health Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Marine Sciences, Agriculture & Forestry, etc.
- On-campus, University of Tasmania offers residential facilities for international students. There are four residential colleges along with apartments on-campus.
- ?There is also off-campus accommodation for students.
University of Tasmania Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online, offline or through their country specific agents. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UTAC Application.
- Common requirements: Transcripts, Higher Secondary Certificate and, work experience with bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- Application fee: N/A
- Additional requirements: CV, copy of passport, financial statement, identity declaration, personal competency statement, work experience and letters of recommendation.
- Application deadlines: 28 September (UG), 31 October (PG)
The following table shows the required score for each exam:
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences||AUD 29,450 - AUD 30,450|
|Health & Medicine||AUD 16,950 – AUD 69,950|
|Marine & Antarctic Studies||AUD 31,950 - AUD 35,450|
|Science, Engineering & Technology||AUD 27,950 - AUD 39,950|
|Business & Economics||AUD 28,450 – AUD 28,950|
|Law||AUD 28,450 – AUD 29,450|
International students are offered various scholarships by the University of Tasmania. These scholarships are:
- Gina Goh: Malaysia Law Scholarship
- Aixia (Shirley) Han, China, Master of Social Work
- Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS): 25% tuition fee waivered.
University of Tasmania has a big global network of alumni. They are offered various benefits like: career development, access to the library, invitation to events on-campus, 25% discount on pursuing post-graduation, membership for gym and university club, etc.