University of Technology Sydney is a technology-driven university which was established in 1988. University of Technology Sydney has been ranked 1st young university in Australia and 160th university globally, according to World University Rankings 2018. It has been receiving 5* for excellence in all categories since 2014 by QS Stars.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Cost of Attendance||17,390 – 21,180 AUD|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers an array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs under 11 areas of study.
- University Technology of Sydney ranks at 7th position for its Nursing subject in the QS World University Subject Rankings 2018.
- The international students can choose to live either in the UTS- owned accommodation with 4 residential housing or, can rent a private accommodation.
Admission Process Application Form: All the applicants who want to apply for any of the under graduate program can use it either the online application or submit a paper based form for making the application by downloading it from the official website. Common requirements: Transcripts The application fee: AUD 100 (both UG and PG) Additional requirements: Portfolio, Personal Statement, Work Experience, Research Experience, CV Admission Deadlines(UG): Autumn Session – 30 November; Spring – 30 April
|PTE||50 - 57|
|CAE||169 – 175|
|AE5/ AE6||Varies from program to program|
Cost of Attendance
|Bachelor’s Tuition Fee||Cost|
|Business Programs||17,390 – 21,180 AUD|
|Communication||16,800 – 19,190 AUD|
|Engineering||21, 180 AUD|
|Health Sciences||15, 525 AUD|
|Law||21, 180 AUD|
The university gives grants, scholarships worth AUD 30 million to its international students spread over a period of 5 years.
Other forms of financial support include, full tuition scholarships, Academic excellence awards (of the amount 10,000 AUD), UTS Insearch Graduate Scholarships, Faculty Scholarships, Australian Government Scholarships, Loans
Established in 1988, University of Technology Sydney (UTS) currently offers admission to a total of 514 courses. There were 45,930 students enrolled in the university in 2018, and international students formed nearly 33% of the entire student population on campus.
- Applications are invited for admission to autumn and spring sessions.
- Separate application forms for international applicants, domestic undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
- International applicants should apply for visa at least six weeks in advance prior to their expected arrival.
|Application Portal for UG Programs||Domestic - UAC International - UAC * or UTS Online Application System or UTS International Undergraduate Application Form|
|Application Portal for PG Programs||Domestic - UTS Online Application System International - International Students Application Form or UTS International Postgraduate Application Form|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||International - 100 AUD|
|Payment mode||Credit card/ paypal/ bank draft|
|Intake Seasons||Autumn/ Spring|
*Note- International applicants can apply through UAC only if they have any one of the following qualifications:
- An Australian Year 12 in or outside Australia
- An IB diploma
- A New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) level 3
University of Technology Sydney Admission Deadlines
Applicants may apply to UTS at any time. The application deadlines are common for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Application window for UTS courses commencing in 2020, is expected to be open from August 2019.
The application deadline for each teaching session is given below:
|Autumn||February/ March||15 December||30 November|
|Spring||July||31 May||30 April|
Note: Late applications are not accepted.
University of Technology Sydney International Admissions
International applicants must apply through a different application form for admission to the University of Technology Sydney. The requirements to be fulfilled by international applications for admission are described below:
Where to Apply?
International applicants can apply through two options,
- Online Application- UTS Online Application System
- Hardcopy Application - UTS International Undergraduate Application Form or UTS International Postgraduate Application Form
Application Fee : 100 AUD
All applications require supporting documents to be submitted to UTS.
- Academic transcripts
- English language proficiency test scores
- SOP, Portfolio (if required)
English Language Proficiency
Admission to all courses require an English language proficiency. There are two couple of modes to fulfill this requirement, based on whether the candidate previously studied with English as medium of instruction.
Case I - Previously Studied in English
Candidates may satisfy the UTS English language requirements in one of the several ways:
- An assessable qualification undertaken in English
- Completed a course taught in English
- Completed another acceptable qualification or program in English
Case II - Previous Education not in English
Applicants are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by submitting the test scores of any English language test recognised by UTS. The minimum test score range is given below :
|Test||Score for UG and PG|
|TOEFL - IBT||Overall 79-93|
Note: Applicants must check the specific program details to know the exact score. These requirements may apply even to domestic applicants.
Student visa (subclass 500) is required to study in Australia. This is a temporary visa which allows students to study for up to 5 years. This visa allows students to travel in and out of Australia. The step by step visa application process is given below-
- UTS will send a Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) after accepting application. Applicants need CoE to apply for a student visa
- Apply for visa at least 6 weeks before start of the course.
- Submit country specific documents. Browse document checklist tool to view the required documents*
- Apply online for visa
Note: Students under the age of 18 must satisfy extra requirements before student visa can be granted to them.
*For example, an international applicant from India needs to submit the following documents:
- Identity proof
- Evidence of study, for example - confirmation of enrollment
- Evidence of accommodation and welfare arrangements in Australia for under 18 year old student
- Health insurance
- If changed name, relevant documents as evidence
- Employment history
- Research students must attach a copy of their research proposal
If the applicant is unable to commence their studies at UTS for the intake specified in the offer letter, they can request for deferment. Candidates may request to defer the offer up to 12 months.
The request of deferment must be sent within the deadline mentioned in the offer letter. A new offer letter will be sent if the deferment is approved.
For any queries relating to international admissions to UTS, contact [email protected]
University of Technology Sydney Undergraduate Admissions
Admission applicants for undergraduate programs at UTS can be classified in two categories - recent school leavers and non-recent school leavers. The qualifications required for both is given below:
- Recent School Leaver
Majority of courses will assess you on the basis of your selection rank, which is a combination of your ATAR(Australian Tertiary Admission Rank)/ IB (International Baccalaureate) and adjustment points you may be eligible through an admission scheme.
- Non-Recent School Leaver
The eligibility qualification may include NSW high school certificate or equivalent, TAFE studies or degree studies from an Australian university or equivalent
General Admission Requirements
Matriculation is the name given to the minimum standard that an application must satisfy to be eligible for consideration to study a course. To be eligible to matriculate at UTS, an applicant must satisfy at least one of the following:
- completed an Australian Year 12 or equivalent with an ATAR of 69.00 required for consideration to enter in the next intake (exclusive of any adjustment factors)
- completed a TAFE Tertiary Preparation Certificate, AQF Diploma or Advanced Diploma
- completed one year of full-time or equivalent tertiary studies
- completed a UTS Insearch Diploma
- completed a foundation studies course
If you’re eligible for matriculation, your application will be considered for admission.
There are alternate admission pathways other than the ATAR. Given below are some of the alternate admission pathways to UTS:
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
If you have not met the lowest ATAR, consider taking the STAT. Applicants must be 20 years of age to take STAT.
- Work Experience
Work experience is considered for admission to Engineering, Information Sciences and Science courses.
- Jumbunna Pathways Programs
The Jumbunna Pathways Programs offers applicants to illustrate their capability for higher education via testing, interview and assessments.
Candidates may also be required to meet course-specific additional criteria, such as an interview, test or personal statement. Details on what additional criteria may apply, can be found under the individual UTS course descriptions. To view course wise requirements.
For any queries relating to undergraduate admissions, email: [email protected]
University of Technology Sydney Graduate Admissions
The general admission requirement for admission to graduate programs at University of Technology Sydney is the Australian bachelor’s degree or its overseas equivalent. The specific requirements of some courses is given below.
|Requirements||MBA||Master of Engineering Management of Business Administration||Master of Architecture|
|GPA||Not Required||2.75||2.50 or more|
|GMAT||Not Required||Overall 550 (for GPA less than 2.75)||Not Required|
|CV||Required||Required (Optional if GPA is less than 2.75 and no GMAT)||Required|
|Statement of Purpose||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Work Experience||Required||Required (Optional if GPA is less than 2.75 and no GMAT)||Required|
|Portfolio||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|English Language Proficiency||IELTS: overall 6.5 Or TOEFL (IBT) : 79-93 Or PTE: 58-64||IELTS: overall 6.5 Or TOEFL (IBT) : 79-93 Or PTE: 58-64||IELTS: overall 6.5 Or TOEFL (IBT) : 79-93 Or PTE: 58-64|
Admission to the University of Technology Sydney courses is competitive. Applicants must note that the application is not an enrolment form, nor does it guarantee admission to UTS. An incomplete application will result in delays in processing. Therefore, applicants must submit completely filled applications on time to be considered for admission.