University of the Sunshine Coast (USC), in Queensland, is the highest-rated university in Australia for faculty, learning resources and providing student support materials. Also, USC has an 87% rate of graduate employability, where the graduates are employed within 4 months of completion of their degree.
|Student Ratio (females to males)||64:36|
|Graduate Employability Rate||87%|
|No. of Courses||142|
|No. of International Students||12%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 20,000 – AUD 50,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||USC printed application, through the post|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part-time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- USC is known for its research subjects in Australia. Some of the subjects are Creative Arts, Education by Research, Climate Change Adaptation by Research, Philosophy, etc. USC does not offer on-campus residential facilities for its students.
University of the Sunshine Coast Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can download the application form and mail the completed application at the given address.
- Common requirements: Translated academic transcripts, work experience history (if any), along with degree/diploma (for PG admissions).
- Application fee: No Fee Additional requirements: Official bank statement and copy of passport.
- Application deadlines: Rolling
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|Test||UG Courses Requirement||PG Courses Requirement|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Business, IT and Tourism||AUD 13,300 – AUD 53,200|
|Creative Industries, Design and Communication||AUD 25,000 – AUD 69,600|
|Education||AUD 75,600 – AUD 102,400|
|Engineering and Science||AUD 27,600 – AUD 143,000|
|Health, Nursing and Sport Sciences||AUD 53,200 – AUD 104,000|
|Humanities, Psychology and Social Science||AUD 25,000 – AUD 121,000|
|Law and Criminology||AUD 69,600 – AUD 128,000|
USC offers around 54 scholarships to international students, department wise. Some of them are:
- Financial Planning Association of Australia Prize - AUD 1,500 awarded to Bachelor of Commerce students.
- CPA Australia Prize - AUD 1,240 awarded to Accounting students.
- Big Kart Track Prize - AUD 1,000 awarded to Tourism students.
- Argon Law Prize - AUD 500 awarded to Commercial Law students.
- Jennifer Carter Geography Prize - AUD 500 awarded to Changing Planet Earth students.
The university of sunshine coast offers admissions during the fall and spring seasons. Applicants aiming for undergraduate courses can apply through the online portal. USC offers more than 120 undergraduate and postgraduate programs of study. The university accepts 2,981 students from 80 countries which makes it a great niche for international students.
- The student-teacher ratio is 29:1
- Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships.
- The curriculum is semester-based.
- 85% of USC graduates are employed within four months of finishing their degree.
|Application Portal||Application Form|
|Academic Calendar||Semester-based; Trimester-based;Session-based|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring|
|Work Experience||Required for MBA|
|Percentage of female students||64|
|Percentage of male students||36|
|the student to faculty ratio||29:1|
University of Sunshine Coast Deadlines
Deadlines vary according to the course being opted for, but these are some general deadlines for the University of Sunshine Coast admissions:
|Undergraduate courses||Semester 1: May 17|
Semester 2: November 1
|Graduate Courses||Semester 1: May 31|
Semester 2: November 29 (dates may vary for specific courses)
University of Sunshine Coast International Admissions Highlights
International students are required to fulfill extra requirements in order to gain admission to the University of Sunshine Coast. In addition to the SAT/ACT(for undergraduate courses) and GRE/GMAT (for graduate courses), which applicants can send according to their will, international applicants must also fulfill the requirements as listed :
- English language proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Unofficial copies of translated transcripts/mark sheets.
- Financial statement
- Post-secondary grades, mark sheets and certificates.
- Visa certification.
University of Sunshine Coast English Language Requirements
International students must demonstrate English language proficiency by providing scores of any one of the following tests given below, taken within the last two years, to be eligible for admission at the University of Sunshine Coast :
|Test Name||Score Required|
|TOEFL (IBT)||76; minimum 18 in writing section|
|TOEFL (PBT)||550; minimum essay score of 4|
|IELTS||6.0; minimum 5.5 in each subscore|
|PTE||50; no sub scores below 50|
|CAE/CPE||169; minimum 162 in each skill|
|USC's English for Academic Purposes (EAP):2||60%|
|USC's English for Academic Purposes (EAP):3||65%|
|Global Assessment Certificate (GAC)||2.3 GPA|
Visa Process for International Students
- International applicants will be issued Form I-20 from the university
- Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor Letter, if applicable
- Complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview.
Scholarships for international students are based on merit and applicants need not fill forms separately for scholarships.
The major scholarships awarded to international students are:
- Australia Awards
- Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship
- Northcote Graduate Scholarship
University of Sunshine Coast Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Sunshine Coast offers more than 60 undergraduate courses to all the applicants. The basic admission process for all the courses is the same.
Where to Apply: University of Sunshine Coast Application Portal
Application Fee: Not Required
Admission Requirements: The minimum admission requirements for Indian students admissions to USC are as follows:
- All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) with a minimum grade average of 60% in the best 4 academic subjects in final year and overall First Division results; or
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) with a minimum grade average of 60% in the best 4 academic subjects in final year and overall First Division results; or
- State board exams, except Punjab State Education Board and Haryana State Education Board, with a minimum grade average of 65% average across the 4 best academic subjects in the final year and overall First Division results; or
- Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) exams, with a minimum grade average of 70% average across the 4 best academic subjects in the final year and overall First Division results; and
- All applicants must have at least 50% in the theory component (where applicable) of any subject.
Applicants must also provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- High school diploma/transcript
- Proof of residency
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation
- English proficiency test score for International applicants.
- Financial Aid: Student loans and Scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: Authorised financial statement, Proof of financial support, copy of passport, visa.
University of Sunshine Coast Graduate Admissions
The University of Sunshine Coast offers limited graduate courses to all the applicants. While the specific requirements may vary for each program, the general admission requirements remain the same. Here are listed some of the most popular programs at the University of Sunshine Coast.
The University of Sunshine Coast enrolls around 1,000 students each year in its highly recommended graduate programs. Each program offered here has different admission requirements and eligibility criteria.
How to apply: The students have to apply through the Common Application Portal.
Application Fees: Not Required
When to apply: The application deadline varies from course to course.
Academic Requirements: Transcripts, English Proficiency score for International students, Recommendation letters. Academic requirements vary from course to course.
Financial Aid: Scholarships.
English Proficiency Requirements: TOEFL-iBT: 85 with 21 for writing IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest TOEFL-PBT: 575 with 4 essay score PTE: 58; no sub scores below 54 CAE/CPE: 177; minimum 169 in each skill USC's English for Academic Purposes (EAP) 2: 65% USC's English for Academic Purposes (EAP) 3: 70%
Supporting Documents: Verified financial bank statement, Proof of financial support or sponsor, International information sheet.
|Courses||Application Deadlines||Application Requirements|
|MBA||Semester 1: May 31|
Semester 2: November 29
Trimester 3: October 4
|An undergraduate degree or equivalent; Sample of academic writing; Admission essay; At least two years relevant full-time equivalent work experience Resume;|
|Masters in International Business||Semester 1: May 31|
Semester 2: November 29
Trimester 3: October 4
|Official transcript; bachelor's degree in business or related field, or a degree with at least two-thirds of completed courses in business or related field, from a, recognized higher education institution, or equivalent|
|Master of Information and Communications Technology||Semester 1: May 31|
Semester 2: November 29
|Bachelor's degree from a recognized higher education institution or equivalent. Official transcripts|
|Master of Cyber Investigations and Forensics||Semester 1: May 31||Undergraduate degree from a recognized higher education institution with a technology-related course work component or equivalent. Official transcripts|
|Master of Creative Arts||Applications are done on a rolling basis throughout the year, subject to program requirements.||Bachelor degree with at least Honours Class 2 Division II from a recognized higher education institution. Official transcripts|
Applicants are suggested to keep the deadlines in mind, look for the scores and work on their application holistically.