University of Wollongong (UOW), ranked under 2% universities that have been recognized globally both academically and for the quality of graduates. Its employability satisfaction makes it a leading university in South Wales. Also, UOW’s 98% of disciplines have been ranked globally.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|No. of Campuses||5|
|Graduate Job Rate||95.1% (full time)|
|Funding||AUD 613 million|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 12,500- 22,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Online/Offline/Through Agent/UAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part-time, online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 340-degree programs are offered at University of Wollongong under five areas of study. Some of the 2018, worldwide top-ranked subjects offered at the university are: Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Business Management Studies, Engineering- Electrical & Electronic, Law, English Language & Literature, etc.
- On-campus, University of Wollongong offers residential facilities for international students. There are four residential colleges, motel- style accommodation, and a university village are available on-campus. Along with off-campus or private accommodation for students.
University of Wollongong Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online, offline or through their country specific agents. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UAC Application.
- Common requirements: Transcripts, Higher Secondary Certificate and, work experience with bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- Application fee: No fee.
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport, health examination and identity declaration.
- Application can be submitted six weeks before attending college. Application process begins from:
- Semester 1: November 30
- Semester 2: June 30
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|GMAT (for PG)||550|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition (Annually)|
|Engineering & Information Sciences||AUD 99,504- AUD 147,072|
|Law, Humanities & Arts||AUD 78,192- AUD 125,820|
|Science, Medicine & Health||AUD 88,272- AUD 238,080|
|Social Sciences||AUD 78,192- AUD 108,288|
International students are offered various scholarships by the University of Wollongong. These scholarships are widely for research scholars also. Some of them are:
- Northcote Graduate Scholarships- for UK students.
- China Scholarships Council- for Chinese students.
- Fulbright and US Federal Grant- for US students.
- Malaysian Government MARA Scholarships- for Malaysian students.
- University of Wollongong Diplomat Scholarship- 30% tuition fees waivered.
University of Wollongong has an alumni network of 131,859 people globally. It offers benefits to alumni like: access to library membership, career services, discounts on hotels, discounts on further studies, event invitations, scholarly help from UOW’s scholars, scholarship for alumni, etc.
The University of Wollongong is a globally recognized and respected university that is open to all the students from around the globe. Their ambition for our graduates is that they will be ethical, agile thinkers who are competitive in a global economy. Their experiences at UOW will help them not only in shaping their sense of self as well as their future career. The academic calendar at University of Wollongong does is semester-based. Applications are invited in the Fall and Spring season.
- UOW offers over 400 undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research degrees.
- Following the submission of the online application, the applicant will be allotted a student number by email. This will then enable he/she to check on the status of the application at any time.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||Free|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, and grants|
University of Wollongong Admission Deadlines
In the case of UG admissions, University of Wollongong does not have any specific timeline for admissions. However, the admission deadlines for graduate admissions are given in the table below:
|Trimester 1||January 24|
|Trimester 2||May 1|
|Trimester 3||August 9|
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
Applicants completing education from non-English speaking countries are asked to provide proof of English language proficiency. The University of Wollongong accepts the following proficiency tests.
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required|
The English test must be taken within two years of commencement of study at UOW. In addition to IELTS and TOEFL, the university also accepts a range of criteria including:
- Examination Results in high school English subjects in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Germany
- Completion of schooling in Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Singapore
- Completion of A levels or IB in any country
Visa Process for International Students
To apply for a student visa, the applicant needs to have
- Valid Passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
- Any other documents required by the Australian Diplomatic Post
Once granted a student visa, the applicant must abide by certain conditions including (but not limited to):
- Full-time study
- Satisfactory academic progress
- Maintaining approved Overseas Student Health Cover
- Remaining with UOW for at least six months, or the duration of the course is shorter than six months
- Notifying UOW of residential address in Australia and any subsequent change of address within seven days.
If an applicant is currently studying in Australia or has previously studied here renewal student visa may be required.
University of Wollongong Undergraduate Admissions
University of Wollongong offers a variety of undergraduate programs. Applicants must adhere to the application process and requirements issued by the university.
Application Portal: UOWApplyOnline
Application Fee: Free
- High school transcripts and mark sheets
- Statement of purpose
University of Wollongong Graduate Admissions
At the graduate level, the University of Wollongong offers both degree and certificate programs. Prospective applicants have a huge variety of programs to choose from. Before applying, applicants must carefully check the application process and requirements.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: Free
The whole procedure is the same as undergraduate admissions except the special requirements given below-
- Creative Disciplines – School of Arts, English, and Media
Entry into HDR degrees in Creative Disciplines is determined by an assessment of an application and research project proposal. Applicants may be asked to provide additional information and/or attend an interview
- DBA Applications
DBA Applications must provide an outline of professional experience and demonstrate an ability to access appropriate industry sectors to meet research requirements. Applicants will also be required to attend an interview.
|Business||UG degree or 7 years of work experience|
|Applied Finance||UG degree or 5 years of work experience in Finance|
|Professional Accounting||UG degree or 3 years of work experience in accounting|
|Master of Professional Accounting||UG degree; Average marks 50% or UOW graduate certificate|
|Master of Business Administration||UG degree with 50% marks or above; 3-years of work experience|
|Master of Science in Project Management||UG degree; Average marks 50% or UOW certificate in Business|
|Master of Applied Finance||UG degree/ UOW graduate certificate in Applied Finance|