Victoria University is a public institution, established in 1916. It is located in Melbourne. It is considered to be a dual-sector tertiary institute. The university offer courses both in Technical and Further education and higher education subject.
Victoria University Ranking
- The Victoria University ranks in the top 2% of the universities worldwide in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2019.
- It was ranked 53 for the Worlds top 250 universities under 50 years by Times Higher Education Young University Ranking 2018.
- The Universities English Language centers are ranked 2 in Australia and ranked 5 in the world.
- It is ranked 46 in the world in Hospitality and Tourism Management by Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018.
- It was ranked between 151 - 175 in computer science and Engineering & Technology by the Times Higher Education World University Ranking by Subject 2018.
Victoria University Key Features
- The university has 8 campuses in Melbourne and 1 in Sydney.
- They have 11 overseas partners who deliver VU courses.
- They enroll about 40,000 students every year, both domestic and international students.
- They have 3800 international students at the Melbourne campus and 7400 international students in the overseas partners.
- They have 140 + courses on offer for international courses.
- They have 4000+ industrial connections.
- They have 20+ accrediting bodies.
|Type of university||Public|
|Faculty Members||600 - 699|
|Number of Undergraduate seats||N/A|
|Number of postgraduate seats||N/A|
|Number of international students||3800 in Melbourne campus and 7400 in International overseas partner|
|Annual acceptance rate||N/A|
|Basic Tuition fees, Undergraduate Canadian students||$11,800 - 15,800/ semester|
|Basic Tuition fees, Undergraduate International students||$11,800 - 15,800/ semester|
|Basic Tuition fees, Graduate Canadian students||$10,600 - $17,300/ semester|
|Basic Tuition fees, Graduate International students||$10,600 - $17,300/ semester|
|Test scores accepted||N/A|
Victoria Unversity Campus
The university has various campuses that are spread all over Melbourne’s CBD and western suburbs. They have 8 campuses in Melbourne and 1 in Sydney. They also have partner institutions overseas. International students can apply according to their convenience.
- City Flinders - This campus has diverse courses like osteopathy and business. It is a modern building in the center of Melbourne’s busy central business district. They have a library and a convention center in it.
- City King - They offer TAFE courses, including courses in massage, beauty, dermal therapies, and hairdressing. This campus also has a massage, beauty, dermal clinics and hairdressing salon open to the public
- City Queen - This campus has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts.
- Footscray Nicholas - This campus has study space, common library, childcare facilities, and recreation center.
- Footscray park - This campus hosts various courses in business, sports, youth and community work, science, engineering, and education. They also have restaurants and cafes, learning commons, sports science facilities, bookshop, a gym, and a pool.
- St Albans - This campus specializes in arts and science programs. It is also a hub for health and nutrition research.
- Sunshine - This campus hosts the VU Polytechnic building, engineering and construction courses, and also Western Melbourne English Program (WMEP).
- Werribee - This campus has research centers for food science, water treatment, biomedical science, and fire safety.
- VU at Sydney
Victoria Unversity Residence and Facilities
The university provides accommodation facilities through [email protected] This is within a walking distance from Footscray Park. The students can rent a studio apartment or a room in a 2 or 6 shared apartment. Cost of rooms at Unilodge are mentioned below:
|Studio Twin-share||175 AUD|
|6 Bedroom Multi-share||260 AUD|
|2 Bedroom regular||290 AUD|
|Studio Regular||319 AUD|
|Studio Queen/ Accessible||351 AUD|
Victoria Unversity Programs, Faculties, and Divisions
Victoria offers about 369 courses at the bachelor’s and master’s level in the following subject areas:
- Law and Justice
- Engineering and Science
- Computer and IT
- Health and Biomedicine
- Sports and Exercises
- English Language Courses
Victoria Unversity Application Process
This section briefly discusses the application process of Victoria University and admission prerequisites.
Where to apply: Students can apply at the university’s online application portal
The students can apply on their own through the online application form or through the educational agent. They will help you choose the course and help you to apply. Below are the details for applying by yourself:
- Register yourself and apply for the online application form.
- Respond to the comments of the admission officers.
- Upload all the required documents. They may include the following:
- Officially certified copies of your academic transcripts.
- Results of English Language proficiency or any evidence.
- If you are applying for credit then you should submit the completed advanced standing forms.
- Accept the offer within the deadline.
Application Fee: 75 AUD (Domestic & International applicants)
The international students should fulfill all the academic requirements depending upon on their level of study.
- For undergraduate programs: The students should have completed a secondary school qualification and that should be equivalent to their Australian Year 12 certificate.
- For graduate programs: The students should have completed an undergraduate qualification that is equivalent to an Australian bachelor's degree, degree or graduate diploma.
International students should provide proof of their English language proficiency. They will have to take up English Language examinations before applying for the university. If they have completed a qualification where English was the primary language of instruction then they can skip taking up the exams.
Minimum scores required in the English language exams are mentioned below:
|English Language Examinations||Minimum Scores Required (Bachelors Degree Programs)||Minimum Scores Required (Masters Degree Programs)|
|IELTS||Overall 6.0||Overall 6.5|
|TOEFL||Overall 67 (with 12 in listening, 18 in speaking, 15 in reading and 21 in writing)||Overall 79 (with 19 in listening, 19 in speaking, 18 in reading and 22 in writing)|
|Pearsons Test of English||Overall score 50-57 (All the sections should have more than 50)||Overall score 58-64 (All the sections should have more than 50)|
|Advanced CAE||An overall score of 169||An overall score of 176 (All the individual sections should have scores above 169)|
|English for Academic Purposes (EAP)||Level 5||Level 6|
Some of the courses have specific requirements and additionally they can ask for the following documents:
- Proof of work experience
- Portfolio of your works
- A police check
- A supplementary information form
What after you get admission?
If you are selected then you will receive an offer letter. You need to understand your offer letter, that whether you are successfully offered a seat or a conditional offer. If it is a conditional offer then you need to fulfill the condition and the seat id yours.
Victoria Unversity Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance primarily comprises of the tuition fee and cost of living.
|Tuition Fees for Undergraduate degree programs||11,800 - 15,800/ semester|
|Tuition Fees for Postgraduate degree program||10,600 - 17,300/ semester|
|Books and stationary||650 AUD/ year|
|Health Insurance||559 AUD/ year|
|Residential Fees||175 - 351 AUD/ week|
|Electricity, water and gas for a small apartment (if you rent a private apartment)||30 - 50 AUD/ week|
|Food||80 - 200 AUD/ week|
|Public Transport||4.30 AUD (2-hour daily default fare)|
43 AUD (7-day pass)
Victoria Unversity Scholarships And Financial Aid
There are a few scholarships provided by the university and also the Australian government to the outstanding students in academics.
- VU College diploma merit scholarship - This scholarship is provided to the international students pursuing a diploma course in Melbourne.
Eligibility - The students should achieve high distinction in each unit in the first semester. Amount - 2000 AUD scholarship for the second year.
- Victoria University International Research Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to international students with high academic achievement, who wish to undertake postgraduate research in Australia.
- Australia Award Scholarships and Fellowships - This scholarship is funded by the Australian government to the students belonging to the developing countries and who wish to undertake the undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Australia.
Eligibility - Should be the citizen of the partnering country. Value - Pays the tuition fees, living allowance, Overseas Student Health Cover and academic support.
- Endeavor Scholarship and Fellowships - It is a merit-based scholarship funded by the Australian government to the overseas citizen to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia.
Victoria Unversity Alumni Network
The university has alumni from around the globe that creates a huge network of alumni. The university provides following benefits to their alumni:
- The university provides career advice face to face and also online.
- The university keeps inviting the alumni to the local and live streaming events thus providing networking opportunities
- They can directly apply for library membership and the discounts in the VU partnered events.
- They keep awarding the alumni for their exceptional achievements and contribution to the university.