West Australian Institute of Further Studies (WAIFS) is a Registered Training Organization (RTO), located in Perth. The college has partnered with Murdoch University and Griffith University to offer pathway programs, ensuring smooth transition to these universities.
WAIFS courses are accredited by vocational education government agencies. WAIFS has partnered with a variety of organizations such as Study Perth, Council for International students of Western Australia and Velg. Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) is also one of the partners of the institute.
West Australian University provides high-quality training in more than 15 fields for both graduate courses as well as undergraduate courses and they have 1,200 enrolments of students every year. It has an average class size of 20-25 students which enables the trainers to devote more time to individual students.
|Type of College||Private|
|No. of Campuses||1|
|Average Class Size||20-25|
|Types of Programs Offered||Pathway Programs|
|Courses Offered||Over 11|
|Fee Transfer Mode||Bank transfer, Credit card, Cash, Bank Draft|
|Intake Seasons||Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly|
Campus, Programs and Residence
Campus: WAIFS campus is located in Perth and is five minutes away, by walking, from Perth Central Station.
- WAIFS offers University Pathway Courses, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs.
- Courses are offered in English, Childcare, Aged and Community Care, Dental Assisting/Dental Technology, Accounting, Business, Management, Building and Construction (Management), Project Management, Work Health & Safety, Hospitality and Customer Engagement.
Students enrolled at WAIFS can avail any one of the following types of accommodation:
- Student Village
- Edith Cowan University (ECU) Village, Mount Lawley Campus
- Murdoch University Village
- Student Apartment at Campus Perth
- Homestay: Students can contact Australian Homestay Network to get homestay of their choice.
- Private Rentals: Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (REIWA), Real Estate or Domain website, in local newspapers or institute’s student notice board can be referred for information on rental properties.
- Youth Hostels: Youth Hostel Australia provides hostels for students.
Application Fee: Application fee for international students is 230 AUD.
- General English program admits students on a weekly basis.
- Diploma of Dental Technology and Certificate & Diploma programs in Accounting admits students in January, April, July and September/October.
- Other programs intake students per month.
- Completed and signed WAIFS application form (via email, fax or online)
- Certified copies of translated academic transcripts
- IELTS test results/evidence of English proficiency
- Copy of passport biodata and signature pages
Cost and Expenditure
Tuition fee charges for various programs offered by WAIFS are:
|Course||Total Fees (in AUD)|
|Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community)||$9,750|
|Diploma of Hospitality Management||$12,950|
|Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping||$6,950|
|Certificate IV in Business||$4,000|
|Certificate IV in Work, Health and Safety||$4,950|
|Dental (Certificate IV in Dental Assisting)||$10,000|
Note: Weekly tuition fee for General English programs is 275 AUD.
West Australian Institute of Further Studies (WAIFS) does not offer any scholarships as of now. However, students can look for financial aid opportunities through third-party sources.
WAIFS is an institute which offers vocational courses like certificates, diploma and advanced diploma. All courses offered are only two days every week. Candidates are required to register through the online student portal. International students need to submit the WAIFS SSVF Declaration Form as well.
- Classes are held twice a week and students are taken in on a weekly/monthly basis depending upon the course and in the case of Diploma in Dental technology, students are taken in 4 times a year in January, April, July and October.
- Along with English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, WAIFS English Assessment is also necessary for admission.
- The student-faculty ratio is 25:1
|Application Portal||Online Application Portal|
|Application Fee||No fee required|
|Mode of Payment||Online payment|
|International application deadline||January, April, July and October|
Western Australian Institute of Further Studies Admission Deadlines
- Depending on the selected course, Applicants can apply during various intakes all over the year.
- For some courses like hospitality, the intake can be monthly/weekly.
- Usually, intakes take place four times a year in January, April, July and October.
|Accounting courses and Diploma of Dental Technology||10th January 2019|
4th April 2019
8th July 2019
30th September 2019
Western Australian Institute of Further Studies International Admissions
The admission process for Western Australian Institute of Further Studies is relatively simple. Applicants need to follow the following steps in order to get admission.
- All international applicants need to create a Unique Student Identifier(USI).
- Students also need to submit proof of work experience or volunteering.
- Submission of English proficiency scores.
- Online Application form
- Certified copies of all relevant academic qualifications
- English language proficiency test scores
- Certified copy of the passport bio-data page which must be signed by the applicant.
- Copy of the applicant’s OHSC details if applicable.
WAIFS English Proficiency Test Scores
|Chosen training course||Minimum required score|
|Certificate III course||IELTS 4.5/equivalent|
|Certificate IV course||IELTS 5.0/equivalent|
|Diploma course||IELTS 5.5/equivalent|
|Advanced Diploma course||IELTS 5.5/equivalent|
Visa Information and Additional Information
- Visa application form must also be submitted.
- Applicants must choose their visa class beforehand.
- All supporting documents must be accompanied by english translation.
- Applicants must schedule an appointment with AVAC.
Once offer letter is received, the applicant must also apply for health insurance. Candidates need to have Overseas Student Health Cover(OSHC) for the entire course duration. This is a mandatory requirement.
- If the course is less than 6 months, candidate can choose their own health insurance provider.
- WAIFS prefers Allianz Australia for health insurance.
WAIS Certificate and Diploma Admissions
WAIFS offers certificate, diploma and advanced diploma courses to international students in 7 subjects.
Student intakes for the General English - Beginner to Advanced levels is weekly and for all levels of courses in Business Management, Community Services, Hospitality, Work, Health and Safety and Certificate IV in Dental Assisting, the student intakes take place each month.
The following is an overview of a few courses offered to all students:
|Course Name||Entry Requirements|
|Diploma of Hospitality Management||Successful completion of 12 standards and IELTS 5.5|
|Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management||Successful completion of Diploma of Hospitality Management and IELTS 5.5|
|Diploma of Project Management||Successful completion of 12 standard and IELTS 5.5|
|Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management||Successful completion of relevant Diploma and IELTS 5.5|
WAIS has a smooth admission process with rolling admissions all over the year. Applicants must note that it is good to apply in advance. This will increase the chances of admissions. Students must also pay special emphasis on the english proficiency scores. Having good proficiency scores will exempt students from taking an English course during their study.