The Whitehouse Institute of Design is a private design institute comprising two campuses which are located both in inner-city Melbourne and Surry Hills, Sydney. This deemed institute was established in 1988 by Leanne Whitehouse. The Business of Fashion has placed Whitehouse at #27 for its learning approach and projects students work upon.
The Institute is having an enrollment of over 600 students including numerous International Countries from over 110 countries. At the Whitehouse Institute of Design, students gain an in-depth knowledge of the wide range of professional skills which are pretty important to become an interior designer.
|Type of the Institute||Private Institute|
|Year of Establishment||1988|
|Number of Campuses||2|
|Graduate Job Rate||80.8 %|
|Cost of Attendance||Different for different courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type of Intake||Semester Wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and Distance Learning|
Whitehouse Institute of Design Programs, Campus and Residence
The detailed information pertaining to the programs, campus, and residence in the Whitehouse Institute of Design is given below:
The Whitehouse Institute of Design provides students with a wide range of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The university also offers Vocational Courses.
The university is known to support international study groups as it provides numerous facilities to them so that they will be able to learn easily. The teachers of this university are also trained to teach English to Non-English speakers.
The Whitehouse Institute of Design comprises two campuses located in inner-city Melbourne and Surry Hills, Sydney. Both the campuses of this deemed institute are well known for offering numerous facilities such as residence facilities, banks, stationery shops, book stores, medical centers and many more.
The Whitehouse Institute of Design offers students a wide range of choices of nearby locations to choose from while choosing their living accommodation and house. Students can also seek information regarding flatshare, student accommodation or nearby lodging by contacting the college authorities.
To avail of accommodation facilities in the college, students are required to contact the college authorities.
Whitehouse Institute of Design Application Process
- Application: Candidates can apply to any of the programs offered by this institute they wish to opt for only in the online mode.
- General Requirements: Official course completion certificate, mark sheets, academic transcripts, English language scores.
- Additional Requirements: Copy of Passport, Birth Certificate, Insurance Documentation, valid student visa.
- English Proficiency Test: International applicants who don’t have English as the primary language need to demonstrate proficiency in English by scoring a minimum of 6.5 on IELTS. Alternatively, they may submit equivalent scores of any other recognized English proficiency test.
Whitehouse Institute of Design Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance consists of tuition fees and living expenses.
The course-wise tuition fee for studying in the Whitehouse Institute of Design, Australia for International Students is provided in the table given below:
|Name of the Program||Tuition Fees|
|Bachelor of Design||75,300 USD|
|Master of Design||34,353 USD|
Cost of Living
The average living expenses per semester for studying at the Whitehouse Institute of Design is provided in the table given below:
|Books and Supplies||650|
|Personal Living Expenses||950|
Whitehouse Institute of Design Financial Aid
Students seeking admission to the Whitehouse Institute of Design are eligible to avail of financial aid in the form of student loans, fee concessions, and scholarships, incentives, and grants. The college offers a large number of scholarships to students. Some of the top scholarships offered by the college are as follows:
- Bachelor of Design Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded in partnership with the Wool4School Design Competition. In this scholarship, a trophy and a Bernina Sewing Machine are awarded.
- AWET Student Grant: This type of student grant is given in partnership with Whitehouse, the Australian Wool Education Trust award grants to final year Fashion Design Students in both Sydney and Melbourne campuses.